« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2015, 01:27:54 PM »

Afternoon, Bracket Busters
Afternoon Steve, Sam, flip

Hey there, Scott. You seeing/saw those serie P on the Famous auction site?
Yes, posted earlier about the toros but I'm holding out for the short robustos

« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »

Oh, Flip, I did smoke a slightly smaller vitola of the Warlord.  they have it in a sampler with Beauty, Beast and a couple of other lines in a 7 x 56 I think (may be 57rg, can't remember) and that's what I had.  it was big enough so that the 60rg just seemed too large.  i did enjoy the cigar though.  i'd buy if they released it that way in bulk.
"pieces of cooked pork"?  Yikes!  You are a brave soul.  I mean, that's a loose description of scrapple.  and there are some interesting "pieces of cooked pork" in that too.
basically it  is what falls of of the pig's head, so it has tongue, cheek, and other "choice" parts...
Well, you're right, if you listen to Zimmern, that's the best part of the pig.  i tend to disagree, but what do I know, I sell doors, not meat.
yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"
once, in my formulative years, A group of us threw a large outdoor summer party and we roasted a pig on a spit for about 24hrs.  we decided we weren't men until we ate all of the head parts.  we ate pretty much everything except the bones.  I remember eating some brain and snout....
Any symptoms of scrapie or BSE?

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

Afternoon, Bracket Busters
Afternoon Steve, Sam, flip

Hey there, Scott. You seeing/saw those serie P on the Famous auction site?
Yes, posted earlier about the toros but I'm holding out for the short robustos
Maybe the best "everyday" Tat.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/20/2015
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »

Afternoon, Bracket Busters
Georgia needs to start hitting some of those layups they keep getting...

Only have the ticker going here at the office. They said that game could be close. We shall see. Personally, I don't think they'll get past Izzo & Co.

How 'bout GA State... coach almost blew out his other Achilles. Crazy!

« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »

Went to a Polish store/meat market yesterday and bought some cold cuts.
 first three, not a problem some triple smoked Canadian bacon,
 some Cottage ham and some Edam cheese.  my next choices, I must have
 channeled  Andrew Zimmerman cause one was a cross between blood sausage
 and head cheese called black head cheese, and the next was a heavily garlic'ed spiced
 ham sort of loaf covered in pepper.  Made a couple of sandwiches last night for dinner.
Reporting that i am still alive today.  why didn't I just get the house Keilbasy, was the
 question the wife asked when she got home.
Living Dangerously eh?
click the link below to see how dangerously.
http://www.piast.com/products/black-head-cheese
Not much of a cold cut person, more "creative" cold cuts less so...been known to have some black pudding when in Ireland, but that' about the extent of it.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 3/20/2015
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »

Afternoon, Bracket Busters
Georgia needs to start hitting some of those layups they keep getting...

Only have the ticker going here at the office. They said that game could be close. We shall see. Personally, I don't think they'll get past Izzo & Co.

How 'bout GA State... coach almost blew out his other Achilles. Crazy!
UGA had a lot of posessions, must have blown 10 shots in the paint and about as many turnovers.  Let MSU get their rhythm, and it will be over soon.

GA State was indeed a nice win.

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.
Hi-yo! Afternoon, KC.

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.
Fine entrance there KC.

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »

Last time I looked, 'Murica had enough food that you didn't have to eat all those 'scraps'. Dogs gotta eat too.
So true, however, I have a legitimate excuse, it was dark and I was drunk.

Just funnin'. Some folks have a taste for the stuff. Some things I can't get past my mind to let my stomach accept. Now, if I'm going hungry. I'm sure anything could have a chance... maybe. haha
stomach, gotta pick up tripe soon, I like it and it annoys the womenfolk when I cook it.

« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.
Fine entrance there KC.
sorry I missed your entrance, found a bunch of photos I didn't know i had on the hard drive here on the desk computer. Just found a photo of the gal who is cooking me some Irish soda bread, from a Karaoke party on my deck from
7/4/2008!
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 3/20/2015
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.
Hi-yo! Afternoon, KC.

Good afternoon everyone!

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2015, 01:46:51 PM »

Looky Looky:
JOB ALERT! We're seeking a Premium Cigar Representative for
the Midwest. Please review the job description, and send your
 resumes to jlopez@gurkhacigars.com (with "Premium Cigar
 Representative" in the subject line).

https://www.facebook.com/gurkhacigars/photos/pcb.10153841631762715/10153841630957715/?type=1&theater
Wonder if you have to like their cigars.
No, just be a solid bullshitter and be willing to be on the road and hang out in B&Ms.
but if you light something up, it should be a Gurkha, I'm thinking.  At least in front of
other people.
I changed diapers for 3 kids, I could handling smoking a Gurkha if needed. Wouldn't be THAT much worse.
CNS, better bring some adult diapers to CFest this year. Andy & Nate may be a dangerous combo!
Keep those 2 away from the sauna room or we're never getting our deposit back.
You don't want the deposits they'll leave there.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/20/2015
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2015, 01:47:53 PM »

Last time I looked, 'Murica had enough food that you didn't have to eat all those 'scraps'. Dogs gotta eat too.
So true, however, I have a legitimate excuse, it was dark and I was drunk.

Just funnin'. Some folks have a taste for the stuff. Some things I can't get past my mind to let my stomach accept. Now, if I'm going hungry. I'm sure anything could have a chance... maybe. haha
stomach, gotta pick up tripe soon, I like it and it annoys the womenfolk when I cook it.

Ya, that stuff stinks up the place. I've heard the secret to that is the cleaning... which a lot of folks seem to half-ass. And that affects the taste a great deal... Giving folks a bad, first impression if not done right.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/20/2015
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

yeah, he eat's a lot of stuff I probably will never try.
 never was one to go for the Eyeballs of fish or other animals.
yet I have enjoyed roasted lambs head "Capozell"

Flip-----The sausage industry is in deep trouble.  They are having problems making both ends meat.
Hi-yo! Afternoon, KC.

Good afternoon everyone!

Hey, KC. How's things?