CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: 2/28/2015  (Read 43911 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 2/28/2015
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2015, 04:32:03 PM »

must be the CI site is up.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

That would explain it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »

No Yellow Star and no BD today...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

No BD all week best I can remember.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2015, 04:53:18 PM »

EPC La Historia: The cut makes a differencewith this one. Initially just took a bit off the end and all I got was pepper. Hit it with the V and it's another cigar. Draw is wide open and loads of smoke. The first third has been nothing special good draw clean finish a light loose grey ash The flavors are basic with a bit of pepper on the finish. The cigar smokes quickly even though I'm trying to smoke slowly. The second third is making the transition the retro gives me a delicious roasted cashew and toffee, not exactly what I was expecting at this point. it's yet another example of the written description not translating to my palate I'm trying to get coffee and cocoa flavors as described however I get more of a bitter stone fruit and a hint of deep espresso on the late finish. I continue to get rich tobacco flavors nothing stands out distinctly. The final third seems to be a continuation of the same just more tobacco earth a slight bitterness on the draw. As I remove the second band the cigars becoming a bit monotonous nothing unpleasant but it's just more cowbell. My final thought are that its a decent cigar, just not what I was expecting. Taking the hype and cost, I'd give this cigar an 8 at best. I'll let the others rest and see if time helps them develop. I enjoyed the Buenaventura 560 and the Illusione Fume D Amor much more. I'd advise BOTL's to save your money on this one.

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »

Hazzuh to LTGDave.  I'm heading out to do some lock changing.
And hazzuh to you and everyone else. See youse guys bright and early Monday morning.
Seem's most Bro's only post from work here....Later LTG.
One word - warden.
PerfectO...

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »

And hazzuh to you and everyone else. See youse guys bright and early Monday morning.
One word - warden.
PerfectO...
Hanging out on the interweb with yo hoodlum friends!

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »

One word - warden.
PerfectO...
Hanging out on the interweb with yo hoodlum friends!
and a couple furry ones tOO...wOOf

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2015, 05:04:10 PM »

EPC La Historia: The cut makes a differencewith this one. Initially just took a bit off the end and all I got was pepper. Hit it with the V and it's another cigar. Draw is wide open and loads of smoke. The first third has been nothing special good draw clean finish a light loose grey ash The flavors are basic with a bit of pepper on the finish. The cigar smokes quickly even though I'm trying to smoke slowly. The second third is making the transition the retro gives me a delicious roasted cashew and toffee, not exactly what I was expecting at this point. it's yet another example of the written description not translating to my palate I'm trying to get coffee and cocoa flavors as described however I get more of a bitter stone fruit and a hint of deep espresso on the late finish. I continue to get rich tobacco flavors nothing stands out distinctly. The final third seems to be a continuation of the same just more tobacco earth a slight bitterness on the draw. As I remove the second band the cigars becoming a bit monotonous nothing unpleasant but it's just more cowbell. My final thought are that its a decent cigar, just not what I was expecting. Taking the hype and cost, I'd give this cigar an 8 at best. I'll let the others rest and see if time helps them develop. I enjoyed the Buenaventura 560 and the Illusione Fume D Amor much more. I'd advise BOTL's to save your money on this one.
Must say I had a very different experience.  Loved it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »

Oh Great, another Will, selling cigars  and posting 3 page reviews with his complimentary advice included...... If you only smoked the one how do you know the cut makes a difference in this one?  I am just a simple country boy so wtf does a cowbell have to do with a cigar?

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2015, 05:21:10 PM »

Oh Great, another Will, selling cigars  and posting 3 page reviews with his complimentary advice included...... If you only smoked the one how do you know the cut makes a difference in this one?  I am just a simple country boy so wtf does a cowbell have to do with a cigar?
Gotta luV it TR.....

dwgbryant

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »

nope, both sites up and running.

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »

Gotta luV it TR.....
Oh and that "cowbell"....A true Blue Oyster Cult fan..

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »

Gotta luV it TR.....
LMFAO, just figured OY needed Fuk'n with.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

Gotta luV it TR.....
LMFAO, just figured OY needed Fuk'n with.
That he does!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16