must be the CI site is up.

That would explain it.

No Yellow Star and no BD today...

No BD all week best I can remember.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

EPC La Historia: The cut makes a differencewith this one. Initially just took a bit off the end and all I got was pepper. Hit it with the V and it's another cigar. Draw is wide open and loads of smoke. The first third has been nothing special good draw clean finish a light loose grey ash The flavors are basic with a bit of pepper on the finish. The cigar smokes quickly even though I'm trying to smoke slowly. The second third is making the transition the retro gives me a delicious roasted cashew and toffee, not exactly what I was expecting at this point. it's yet another example of the written description not translating to my palate I'm trying to get coffee and cocoa flavors as described however I get more of a bitter stone fruit and a hint of deep espresso on the late finish. I continue to get rich tobacco flavors nothing stands out distinctly. The final third seems to be a continuation of the same just more tobacco earth a slight bitterness on the draw. As I remove the second band the cigars becoming a bit monotonous nothing unpleasant but it's just more cowbell. My final thought are that its a decent cigar, just not what I was expecting. Taking the hype and cost, I'd give this cigar an 8 at best. I'll let the others rest and see if time helps them develop. I enjoyed the Buenaventura 560 and the Illusione Fume D Amor much more. I'd advise BOTL's to save your money on this one.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...

Hazzuh to LTGDave.  I'm heading out to do some lock changing.
And hazzuh to you and everyone else. See youse guys bright and early Monday morning.
Seem's most Bro's only post from work here....Later LTG.
One word - warden.
PerfectO...

Hazzuh to LTGDave.  I'm heading out to do some lock changing.
And hazzuh to you and everyone else. See youse guys bright and early Monday morning.
Seem's most Bro's only post from work here....Later LTG.
One word - warden.
PerfectO...
Hanging out on the interweb with yo hoodlum friends!
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...

Hazzuh to LTGDave.  I'm heading out to do some lock changing.
And hazzuh to you and everyone else. See youse guys bright and early Monday morning.
Seem's most Bro's only post from work here....Later LTG.
One word - warden.
PerfectO...
Hanging out on the interweb with yo hoodlum friends!
and a couple furry ones tOO...wOOf

[...]
Must say I had a very different experience.  Loved it.

[...]
Oh Great, another Will, selling cigars  and posting 3 page reviews with his complimentary advice included...... If you only smoked the one how do you know the cut makes a difference in this one?  I am just a simple country boy so wtf does a cowbell have to do with a cigar?
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...

[...]
Gotta luV it TR.....
Logged

dwgbryant

must be the CI site is up.
nope, both sites up and running.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...

[...]
Oh and that "cowbell"....A true Blue Oyster Cult fan..

[...]
LMFAO, just figured OY needed Fuk'n with.

[...]
That he does!