dwgbryant

EPC La Historia: The cut makes a differencewith this one. Initially just took a bit off the end and all I got was pepper. Hit it with the V and it's another cigar. Draw is wide open and loads of smoke. The first third has been nothing special good draw clean finish a light loose grey ash The flavors are basic with a bit of pepper on the finish. The cigar smokes quickly even though I'm trying to smoke slowly. The second third is making the transition the retro gives me a delicious roasted cashew and toffee, not exactly what I was expecting at this point. it's yet another example of the written description not translating to my palate I'm trying to get coffee and cocoa flavors as described however I get more of a bitter stone fruit and a hint of deep espresso on the late finish. I continue to get rich tobacco flavors nothing stands out distinctly. The final third seems to be a continuation of the same just more tobacco earth a slight bitterness on the draw. As I remove the second band the cigars becoming a bit monotonous nothing unpleasant but it's just more cowbell. My final thought are that its a decent cigar, just not what I was expecting. Taking the hype and cost, I'd give this cigar an 8 at best. I'll let the others rest and see if time helps them develop. I enjoyed the Buenaventura 560 and the Illusione Fume D Amor much more. I'd advise BOTL's to save your money on this one.
nice review, liked the pictures. I don't have a V cutter but the few I've smoked I use a cutter on some and a punch on the others. didn't notice any differences though and enjoyed them all.
thank you.

[...]
Must say I had a very different experience.  Loved it.
I believe CG would take exception to that advice also.

Evening men.  Wondering what happened to my Four Kicks order from CI and see this from SurePost:
"We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."   Can I get a sheesh?
Logged

dwgbryant

Evening men.  Wondering what happened to my Four Kicks order from CI and see this from SurePost:
"We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."   Can I get a sheesh?
how about Go Fuck Them?

Evening men.  Wondering what happened to my Four Kicks order from CI and see this from SurePost:
"We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."   Can I get a sheesh?
how about Go Fuck Them?
The only positive thing I can say is they were honest about it and didn't post some BS about the weather or equipment or something the airlines tell you instead of the truth.

Evening men.  Wondering what happened to my Four Kicks order from CI and see this from SurePost:
"We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."   Can I get a sheesh?
How about a Fuk Surepost and Companies That Use It!!!!!!  Sheesh

Evening Bean, nice weather we got.

Evening Bean, nice weather we got.
Indeed. At least it's warming up to just rain.  Barely.

Evening Bean, nice weather we got.
Indeed. At least it's warming up to just rain.  Barely.
Yeah it is a toasty 33 here now. ::)
Logged

Johnny

Looks like CI is offline again.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

Well, SURPRISE!  SURPRISE!!  The CI Website is F/U again.  My 15 year old grandson is here tonight, maybe CI should hire him to fix it.
Logged

Johnny

Well, SURPRISE!  SURPRISE!!  The CI Website is F/U again.  My 15 year old grandson is here tonight, maybe CI should hire him to fix it.
KC, he couldn't do any worse than they do by any means.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Yo dOg come on in, the water is fine!
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...

What's for L, hand to hit the non pull triGGer.....
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status