« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2022, 11:55:50 AM »

The postal saga has another chapter. Guy comes by in a postal truck, but not wearing a postman uniform. I see him out there, so I'm waiting by the door. He brings a package my sister sent (through USPS, so he's not delivering for Amazon or anything). I mention the cigars and the slip I got Saturday, he says I have to take that to the PO. I told him I tossed it because it said they'd try to redeliver it. He said then maybe they will on the route. I said, aren't you the route? He said no, he's just delivering packages first, not the regular mail. Even though what I'm missing is a package. My confidence in getting these cigars has dropped slightly.
I'm already in a bad mood based on things going on around here having to do with the incompetency of stupid people.

Thankfully, none of that nonsense is job search related.
That sucks. Hopefully you're talking about remodelers and not family.

I'm talking about some bitch at the mall that never paid my daughter for the one day she worked there. Something about a policy they have that the first day is a trial. I explained that slavery was abolished a while back. I also asked to see where is it written in the employee manual. She was unable to find it. The district manager happened to be there at the time and promised to write her a check and send it this week. I asked what the issue was and she told me that they didn't have enough hours to give her. I asked why the help wanted sign was still up and she told me she forgot to take it down. Then I asked why my daughter was told not to come in for the rest of the days she was already scheduled and she replied that they are a new store and aren't making any money yet. Then she also told me that my daughter asked for too many days off (which is absolute bullshit) but which is it?!?

But it's about family too. I specifically asked my mother-in-law not to go to the basement and that's where I found her doing dishes when I returned from the mall incident. There are too many stairs to navigate and an 87 year old shouldn't be down there. But I guess I know where my wife gets her stubbornness from...
The mall thing is definitely shady. Sucks she went through that, but I guess it was a good life lesson about trusting people. Hopefully the check is actually in the mail.

As for your MIL, good luck getting anyone over 70 to listen to anything you have to say. It's the same reason my grandma kept falling in her late 70s/early 80s, and why my grandpa occasionally does when he thinks he should be working in the yard at 88.

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2022, 11:56:08 AM »

The postal saga has another chapter. Guy comes by in a postal truck, but not wearing a postman uniform. I see him out there, so I'm waiting by the door. He brings a package my sister sent (through USPS, so he's not delivering for Amazon or anything). I mention the cigars and the slip I got Saturday, he says I have to take that to the PO. I told him I tossed it because it said they'd try to redeliver it. He said then maybe they will on the route. I said, aren't you the route? He said no, he's just delivering packages first, not the regular mail. Even though what I'm missing is a package. My confidence in getting these cigars has dropped slightly.
Same guy is back now, this time delivering mail. We shall see...

Side note, how is it efficient for them to make a run for packages, then another run for mail? Perhaps this is something they could address when trying to figure out how to save a couple of dollars?

Logic has no part in all of this. Don't look for it.
Lol, that's the damn truth.

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2022, 12:00:06 PM »

TD - 300 Manos from yesterday was from an earlier order. The Gabagools are the ones that didn't get delivered on Saturday. Also waiting on the Cupidos and Room 101 Teufel Hunds from the Page.
I'll be curious to hear your take on the Teufel Hunds.  Figured they are just a relabel of CI's Ichiban's, which weren't terrible but didn't bring a lot to the experience.
That was my take on the TH 101 Connecticut. Good for free but won't be buying any
For $2 per, I'm willing to take a risk. Time will tell.

Morning, BoilerRick.
Good morning gentlemen

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2022, 12:05:59 PM »

Well, mail has come, no cigars. He says I'll have to go to the post office with my ID and they'll give it to me. Somehow, I doubt it will be that easy.

On the plus side, he did bring the reimbursement check from our city's school district, since we send our kids out of the city. The universe giveth and the universe taketh away, I guess. :D

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »

British actor David Warner dead at 80.
I had to look him up. Still sad though.

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2022, 12:09:19 PM »

Well, mail has come, no cigars. He says I'll have to go to the post office with my ID and they'll give it to me. Somehow, I doubt it will be that easy.

On the plus side, he did bring the reimbursement check from our city's school district, since we send our kids out of the city. The universe giveth and the universe taketh away, I guess. :D
Hope that will help with upcoming tuition payment.

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2022, 12:15:27 PM »

Well, mail has come, no cigars. He says I'll have to go to the post office with my ID and they'll give it to me. Somehow, I doubt it will be that easy.

On the plus side, he did bring the reimbursement check from our city's school district, since we send our kids out of the city. The universe giveth and the universe taketh away, I guess. :D
Just checked on my order and it hasn't shipped yet. Still says, "processing".

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2022, 12:38:40 PM »

If it's from the weekend you may see a shipping notice later?

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2022, 12:45:20 PM »

 I bought 2.50 Graycliff Artisan Pinstripe CONN. Robustos. AJ stick

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2022, 12:48:17 PM »

Still in the 90s but currently pouring rain at the moment.

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2022, 12:49:33 PM »

I bought 2.50 Graycliff Artisan Pinstripe CONN. Robustos. AJ stick
I shouldn't be surprised but I didn't realize AJ made a Graycliff. Please do keep us posted on how it is.

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2022, 12:57:33 PM »

Gabagools in the house.

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2022, 01:01:14 PM »

The postal saga has another chapter. Guy comes by in a postal truck, but not wearing a postman uniform. I see him out there, so I'm waiting by the door. He brings a package my sister sent (through USPS, so he's not delivering for Amazon or anything). I mention the cigars and the slip I got Saturday, he says I have to take that to the PO. I told him I tossed it because it said they'd try to redeliver it. He said then maybe they will on the route. I said, aren't you the route? He said no, he's just delivering packages first, not the regular mail. Even though what I'm missing is a package. My confidence in getting these cigars has dropped slightly.
I'm already in a bad mood based on things going on around here having to do with the incompetency of stupid people.

Thankfully, none of that nonsense is job search related.
We talkin' family or friends?   :-X

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2022, 01:11:31 PM »

British actor David Warner dead at 80.
I had to look him up. Still sad though.
Among many other parts, has played a human a Klingon and a Cardassian on Star Trek.

Also was supposed to be the original Freddie Kruger but had to drop out.

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »

I bought 2.50 Graycliff Artisan Pinstripe CONN. Robustos. AJ stick
I shouldn't be surprised but I didn't realize AJ made a Graycliff. Please do keep us posted on how it is.
Probably the only non-Cuban he hasn't made a cigar for is Padron...