Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2022, 11:23:12 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.
Y'all are heathens. For my money, Kenny Aronoff is the spiritual heir to the legacy of the legendary Hal Blaine.

And I'll bet you savages don't know Hal Blaine, either.

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2022, 11:29:32 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. In fact, when I googled him, I came across an article titled, "Kenny Aronoff is the Most Famous Drummer You've Never Heard Of", so I don't feel that bad about it. Lol
Well, if you recall the drum break from John Mellencamp's "Jack & Diane," that's Kenny Aronoff.
That's a good one, no doubt. I'm sure I've heard him in many things, just didn't know him by name. Learn something new every day on the banter, whether you want to or not.

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.
Y'all are heathens. For my money, Kenny Aronoff is the spiritual heir to the legacy of the legendary Hal Blaine.

And I'll bet you savages don't know Hal Blaine, either.
For your bass post the other day I will take Mike Gordon for $200.00

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2022, 11:30:57 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Rick.
off to the links. 7:30 tee time.
Sounds like you are on a mission. May your round be pain free. Good morning, Dean.
almost had the course to myself. was very happy with my game. spent most holes trying out my new clubs for distances. just trying to get dialed in for Wednesday. driving range balls tend to be inaccurate distances.
Driving range balls are like MLB players practicing with pool cues instead of actual bats. I don't pay any attention to distances at the range, just trying to get the swing grooved.

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2022, 11:34:29 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Cohiba Macassar 6x54 - 5/34.99
Rocky Patel Decade Cigars Robusto - 5/27.50
CI 25th Anniversary Hat/Tumbler Combo - 34.99
#79: Latitude Zero & Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio - 10/44.99
CAO Flathead Steel Horse Apehanger - 5/24.99
La Perla Habana Morado Double Toro - 10/29.99
Montecristo Espada Guard - 5/27.50
Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park - 10/39.99
AVO Travel Case & Growler Combo - 19.99
Camacho Corojo Robusto - 10/44.99

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2022, 11:36:04 AM »

In preparation for St. Patrick's Day, a top 5 Irish Whiskey brand list...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/top-5-irish-whiskey-brands-worldwide/ss-AAUzwnq?ocid=msedgntp

Tullamore Dew?  Really?  I used to work in Tullamore (although it is now distilled in Dublin).  Irish rotgut.
Looks like this list is just based on sales volume, although #1 Jamison is quality and quantity. (and Jamison has a lot of options)
Some of the Honorable mentions are nice however, Writer's Tears, Powers.

Lets see if I can find a list of Best Irish Whiskeys...
Tullamore Dew is drinkable, passably. Barely. Jameson is drinkable too, but any Irishman will tell you it's whiskey made for Americans.

My sister's ex-boyfriend Colin Geary, God rest his soul, managed the best Irish pub in Seattle - the Owl & Thistle, in Post Alley - which his family owned. He introduced me to the Paddy, and I've been a fan ever since.

My favorite Irish is the Green Spot, which was introduced to me by the congenial and eminently cool proprietor of a terrific Irish Pub in Las Vegas called McMullan's. I recommend the place, and the Green Spot.

I think any attempt to get terribly "boutique" with Irish whiskey is a put-on. It's triple-distilled and unpeated. By the time you've distilled anything three times you have pretty much reduced its complexity to fundamentals. So you are mostly tasting the barrel it's aged in. And unlike Scotch, aging Irish for more than about 7 years saps it of whatever complexity was left.

(For that matter, I agree with distilling demigod Jim McEwen that aging Scotch beyond about 20 years removes most of its magic.)
I feel the same about Scotch after 15 years.  Yes it's smooth and drinkable, but looses much of the unique character that it originally had.

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2022, 11:37:29 AM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.
Exactly.

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2022, 11:47:28 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.
Y'all are heathens. For my money, Kenny Aronoff is the spiritual heir to the legacy of the legendary Hal Blaine.

And I'll bet you savages don't know Hal Blaine, either.
For your bass post the other day I will take Mike Gordon for $200.00
Good choice.

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.
Y'all are heathens. For my money, Kenny Aronoff is the spiritual heir to the legacy of the legendary Hal Blaine.

And I'll bet you savages don't know Hal Blaine, either.
For your bass post the other day I will take Mike Gordon for $200.00
Good choice.
Haha
 You know Raz.
 I always thought Phil Lesh was underrated. I still listen to the dead and appreciate their music more now than when I was going to concerts.

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2022, 12:01:31 PM »

[...]

Honestly, my favorite Scotch is the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. It's a twelve-year-old, and Port-cask finished. After 12 years, you're paying an increasingly high price for smoothness.

A Brit I encountered in Atlanta years ago scoffed at my fancy for Glenmorangie. "Scotch for a LADY!" he insisted.

"You'll forgive me," I replied evenly, "for not taking seriously any culinary criticism from the land that considers Spotted Dick a dessert."

The bartender about pissed himself.

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2022, 12:04:30 PM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.
Y'all are heathens. For my money, Kenny Aronoff is the spiritual heir to the legacy of the legendary Hal Blaine.

And I'll bet you savages don't know Hal Blaine, either.
For your bass post the other day I will take Mike Gordon for $200.00
Good choice.
Haha
 You know Raz.
 I always thought Phil Lesh was underrated. I still listen to the dead and appreciate their music more now than when I was going to concerts.
Well, I'm not overly taken with jam bands, generally speaking, but I do have a soft spot for a number of works from the Dead and Phish. That said, I like Los Lobos' take on "Bertha" better than the Dead's.

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2022, 12:18:04 PM »

A salesman rings the bell at a suburban home. The door is opened by a nine-year-old boy holding a double whiskey and puffing on a long fat cigar. Astonished, the salesman asks the young man, "Is your mother or father at home?"

The boy takes the cigar out of his mouth, flicks ashes on the carpet, and asks, "What the hell do YOU think?"

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2022, 12:41:39 PM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.
Is it really?
Sorry, I just can't drop this one.

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2022, 12:55:31 PM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.
Is it really?
Sorry, I just can't drop this one.

have you ever driven from Crystal River to Tampa? trust me, it has nothing to do with distance.

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.
Is it really?
Sorry, I just can't drop this one.

have you ever driven from Crystal River to Tampa? trust me, it has nothing to do with distance.
I get it. It's still two hours away. I'm just busting your balls. I didn't put TexasDave in the correct spot either. But why are we going to let facts get in the way of quality banter?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9