« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2022, 10:40:00 AM »

For this year have my Guinness and Illusione 88 for afternoon, Sexton and Filthy Hooligan for evening.

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2022, 10:46:41 AM »

In preparation for St. Patrick's Day, a top 5 Irish Whiskey brand list...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/top-5-irish-whiskey-brands-worldwide/ss-AAUzwnq?ocid=msedgntp

Tullamore Dew?  Really?  I used to work in Tullamore (although it is now distilled in Dublin).  Irish rotgut.
Looks like this list is just based on sales volume, although #1 Jamison is quality and quantity. (and Jamison has a lot of options)
Some of the Honorable mentions are nice however, Writer's Tears, Powers.

Lets see if I can find a list of Best Irish Whiskeys...
Tullamore Dew is drinkable, passably. Barely. Jameson is drinkable too, but any Irishman will tell you it's whiskey made for Americans.

My sister's ex-boyfriend Colin Geary, God rest his soul, managed the best Irish pub in Seattle - the Owl & Thistle, in Post Alley - which his family owned. He introduced me to the Paddy, and I've been a fan ever since.

My favorite Irish is the Green Spot, which was introduced to me by the congenial and eminently cool proprietor of a terrific Irish Pub in Las Vegas called McMullan's. I recommend the place, and the Green Spot.

I think any attempt to get terribly "boutique" with Irish whiskey is a put-on. It's triple-distilled and unpeated. By the time you've distilled anything three times you have pretty much reduced its complexity to fundamentals. So you are mostly tasting the barrel it's aged in. And unlike Scotch, aging Irish for more than about 7 years saps it of whatever complexity was left.

(For that matter, I agree with distilling demigod Jim McEwen that aging Scotch beyond about 20 years removes most of its magic.)

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »

Good to still be having baseball here.  Over 6,600 in attendance yesterday .
Not Major League. Both sides are far from any agreement

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2022, 10:51:29 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2022, 10:51:50 AM »

Tried to get a beer conversation going last night, Raz was the only one who participated.
I meant to check the link but haven't had a chance yet. Too much to do on this Monday, I'll be freed up later this afternoon.

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2022, 10:55:04 AM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2022, 11:10:35 AM »

morning Dave and Bret.

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2022, 11:10:42 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. In fact, when I googled him, I came across an article titled, "Kenny Aronoff is the Most Famous Drummer You've Never Heard Of", so I don't feel that bad about it. Lol

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2022, 11:15:24 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Rick.
off to the links. 7:30 tee time.
Sounds like you are on a mission. May your round be pain free. Good morning, Dean.
almost had the course to myself. was very happy with my game. spent most holes trying out my new clubs for distances. just trying to get dialed in for Wednesday. driving range balls tend to be inaccurate distances.

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2022, 11:17:05 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
10 for me.

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2022, 11:17:29 AM »

morning Dave and Bret.
Morning, Deano.

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2022, 11:18:26 AM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2022, 11:19:04 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. Sorry.

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2022, 11:19:26 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Holy crap. 16.

Please tell me y'all recognized Kenny Aronoff. The man's a walking atomic clock.
Nope. In fact, when I googled him, I came across an article titled, "Kenny Aronoff is the Most Famous Drummer You've Never Heard Of", so I don't feel that bad about it. Lol
Well, if you recall the drum break from John Mellencamp's "Jack & Diane," that's Kenny Aronoff.

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2022, 11:20:42 AM »

Tony you have an old friend and he's Dean's neighbor?
He's probably around Dean's age. We used to work together. He has since moved to the Tampa area. So, yes.
that's like saying TravellinDave and RedfishDave are neighbors.
Is it really?