CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: 2/1/2015  (Read 32848 times)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 2/1/2015
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »

Evening gents. Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoying a very fine, smooth Perdomo Habano Connecticut robusto. CT is in New England, right? Not that it indicates my preference for either team. I'm kind of torn, want to support my BOTL Fred/Bob, but I have family & friends in both regions. Love red, white and blue in a Patriotic way, but blue/green is my favorite color combination. Paul Revere & the Revolutionaries are near & dear to my heart, but I also am fascinated by raptor birds. Like personnel on both teams, but Russell Wilson grew up in Richmond, VA & was a HS standout in football and beisbol, a fellow Virginian. So, I guess I'm firmly on the fence (ouch). Hope it's a great game. Oskar Blues "Old Chubb" Scottish Ale going well with the Perdomo.
Outstanding Beer Selection!
Thank you, TR.  I just didn't feel like starting with Bourbon or Scotch ... this is poured from the 16 oz. Nitro widget can.  What are you drinking and smoking?
Ice water and no smoke now, had a Diesel Uncut earlier with a Shiner Holiday Seasonal and a Southern Pecan.  I had an Old Chubb earlier this week, one of my favorite beers these days.  Oskar Blues brews some good beers.
TR, how is the Uncut?  Had some in my cart 10/$29.99 but didn't pull the trigger quick enough & they were rubbed out.  That Shiner Holiday sounds delicious ... not usually into "flavored" beers, but I love pecans.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »

Evening gents. Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoying a very fine, smooth Perdomo Habano Connecticut robusto. CT is in New England, right? Not that it indicates my preference for either team. I'm kind of torn, want to support my BOTL Fred/Bob, but I have family & friends in both regions. Love red, white and blue in a Patriotic way, but blue/green is my favorite color combination. Paul Revere & the Revolutionaries are near & dear to my heart, but I also am fascinated by raptor birds. Like personnel on both teams, but Russell Wilson grew up in Richmond, VA & was a HS standout in football and beisbol, a fellow Virginian. So, I guess I'm firmly on the fence (ouch). Hope it's a great game. Oskar Blues "Old Chubb" Scottish Ale going well with the Perdomo.
Thank you, TR.  I just didn't feel like starting with Bourbon or Scotch ... this is poured from the 16 oz. Nitro widget can.  What are you drinking and smoking?
Ice water and no smoke now, had a Diesel Uncut earlier with a Shiner Holiday Seasonal and a Southern Pecan.  I had an Old Chubb earlier this week, one of my favorite beers these days.  Oskar Blues brews some good beers.
TR, how is the Uncut?  Had some in my cart 10/$29.99 but didn't pull the trigger quick enough & they were rubbed out.  That Shiner Holiday sounds delicious ... not usually into "flavored" beers, but I love pecans.
The Oskar Blues was very satisfying.  Like their stuff a lot!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »

Only a few flavored beers I like and they are brewed with flavor not just added flavorings. Shiner has an anniversary beer out called 106 with chocolate flavoring added and it is awful I think. This Shiner was a Christmas seasonal pecan & peach, pretty good but not great.  But if you like pecan then try Lazy Magnolia Brewery Southern Pecan, it is a wonderful beer, perhaps my #1.  Non seasonal and available year round.  Uncut is a very good $3 cigar to me, I bought them on a 10/$30 special.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2015, 07:46:08 PM »

I had to pause for about 20 minutes so don't think me rude(er) for not bantering.  Don't want to chance a spoiler.
I'm having a hard time bantering and watching the game too...  But the wife just left, so it's time for me to party.. :)
Stay out of that maple bourbon & fighting cock! :)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

I had to pause for about 20 minutes so don't think me rude(er) for not bantering.  Don't want to chance a spoiler.
I'm having a hard time bantering and watching the game too...  But the wife just left, so it's time for me to party.. :)
I could use some whiskey...!  But I think I'll stick with beer and have some bbq'ed ribs shortly.. :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »

I could use some whiskey...!  But I think I'll stick with beer and have some bbq'ed ribs shortly.. :)
That combo should work good for you. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »

How'bout this Super Bowl.  TD Seachickens!  Tied up 14 - 14.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2015, 08:00:28 PM »

Yummy to the tummy - ribs and beer!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »

It's a pretty good game..!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »

During the fight with my wife this week, she just randomly adds to the fight by saying, "I'm never going to wear those costumes again...!"  After thinking about it the next day I said, "get those costumes, and be sure to get those shoes that go along with them, too...!" She said, "why..?"  I said, "well if your never going to wear them again, then I'm going to set them on fire in the backyard...!"  Man, did she get upset.. saying, "your CRAZY if you think your going to destroy my costumes...!"  So I said, "well, your never going to wear them again..!"  She said, "I didn't mean it, I'm still going to wear them..!"  Silly women...!   :o

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »

It's a pretty good game..!
Yeah we got a real game going.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:50 PM »

During the fight with my wife this week, she just randomly adds to the fight by saying, "I'm never going to wear those costumes again...!"  After thinking about it the next day I said, "get those costumes, and be sure to get those shoes that go along with them, too...!" She said, "why..?"  I said, "well if your never going to wear them again, then I'm going to set them on fire in the backyard...!"  Man, did she get upset.. saying, "your CRAZY if you think your going to destroy my costumes...!"  So I said, "well, your never going to wear them again..!"  She said, "I didn't mean it, I'm still going to wear them..!"  Silly women...!   :o
LMFAO.  I was trying to do something in the attic today and all the Christmas decoration shit was in my way then I accidentally knocked a pile of it over and things went about the same way as your costume story.

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »

As was forecast the wind has switched over straight out of the north @ 15-20 and cooling down.  Just snuffed the Uncut so guess I will move back inside.  Bout time for some Super Bowl snacks.
Better watch your smokes, garbage men don't seem to like the Uncut.  Our taste preferences can't be trusted it seems.
HA!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »

Half time show - three words - too much budget.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »

Half time show - three words - too much budget.
That would apply
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15