CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: 8/18/2021  (Read 6024 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 8/18/2021
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »

CAO Italia Ciao - 10/39.99

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »

Rocky Patel Sun Grown Maduro Toro - 5/27.50

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2021, 11:26:23 AM »

So I guess pedophile Democrats running tricks out of a pizza parlor funded by Hillary wasn't odd enough for the Q...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matthew-colemans-babies-bodies-were-found-by-scared-farmhand-in-mexico
That's some fukked up shit right there.
No shit.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »

Shit I didn't know until today.  The word quarantine comes from the Venetian word quarantena, meaning 40.  It referred to how long ships had to be isolated at Dubrovnik (Ragusa) during the Black Death.  Earlier, the isolation period had been specified as 30 days, and was referred to as "trentino."

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2021, 11:50:51 AM »

Shit I didn't know until today.  The word quarantine comes from the Venetian word quarantena, meaning 40.  It referred to how long ships had to be isolated at Dubrovnik (Ragusa) during the Black Death.  Earlier, the isolation period had been specified as 30 days, and was referred to as "trentino."
That's some quality knowledge right there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2021, 11:51:15 AM »

La Perla Habana Oro Toro - 10/29.99

Hurry, only 1 left!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2021, 11:55:16 AM »

So I guess pedophile Democrats running tricks out of a pizza parlor funded by Hillary wasn't odd enough for the Q...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matthew-colemans-babies-bodies-were-found-by-scared-farmhand-in-mexico
Oof. That's some crazy shit right there.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"  - Agent Kay, MIB

This QAnon thing puzzled me at first.  But it's just the latest mass-media-induced panic.  The Clinton campaign came up with the Steele Dossier, and people believed it.  The Swift Boat controversy.  Clintons running drugs out of Arkansas. Swine Flu.  SARS.  HIV.  Roswell.  It would be tempting to think blame Orson Welles for it, but all he did was bring it to radio.  The Jefferson campaign of 1800 was playing the hype game and publishing all kinds of insidious things about John Adams.  And there were panics in Rome during the empire.  It's as old as humanity itself, I'm sure.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2021, 11:56:28 AM »

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"  - Agent Kay, MIB

This QAnon thing puzzled me at first.  But it's just the latest mass-media-induced panic.  The Clinton campaign came up with the Steele Dossier, and people believed it.  The Swift Boat controversy.  Clintons running drugs out of Arkansas. Swine Flu.  SARS.  HIV.  Roswell.  It would be tempting to think blame Orson Welles for it, but all he did was bring it to radio.  The Jefferson campaign of 1800 was playing the hype game and publishing all kinds of insidious things about John Adams.  And there were panics in Rome during the empire.  It's as old as humanity itself, I'm sure.
I use that quote all the time. Spot on.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Mr. Raz.
I would have included you in the Page recommendations, but I realized I don't have a clue what you like and what your regular smokes are.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »

And we know what happened to Rome... :(

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »

Cohiba Red Dot Robusto
(5.0"x49)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $21.49 per cigar

Only 4 Left
4.55 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$6.00
per cigar
$29.99 total price
SAVE 72%

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »

It's a big, beautiful, thriving country. No one knows Rome better than me, believe me. Everyone says so.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »

The Ragusa part is new to me. Is that what Croatia was formerly known as?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2021, 12:37:09 PM »

It's a big, beautiful, thriving country. No one knows Rome better than me, believe me. Everyone says so.
But it's now run by Italians, not Romans.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2021, 12:39:57 PM »

I wonder if they had pushback moving it from 30 to 40 days?  Probably that Anthony Fauci again...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10