CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 11/9/2020  (Read 6622 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/9/2020
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »

Finally a vacation! SC first week in December.
On the coast I assume?
Merles Inlet and then up to Asheville NC to see my sister.
You mean Murrells Inlet?  Have some friends nearby at Pawley,s Island.
Feel free to stop by, but I'm a little south of your probable route to Asheville.  If you have time, you should get up to Biltmore and enjoy a lunch and beverage at Sierra Nevada.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2020, 02:52:32 PM »

All you middle class working Americans the Democratic party has left you.
But they still got the KKK

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2020, 02:53:45 PM »

I don't doubt you are correct but definitely do not feel represented by the current Republican administration either. I've only seen the current President doing things that benefit him. I do not pretend Biden will be the savior many are expecting. I'm curious though to see if there is anything at all that Trump could do to make his supporters doubt him, including murdering someone in broad daylight.
Unfortunately I agree with him that wouldn't matter to them.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »

On the coast I assume?
Feel free, but I'm a little south of your probable route to Asheville.  If you have time, you should get up to Biltmore and enjoy a lunch and beverage at Sierra Nevada.
Yes Murrells, been to Biltmore years ago....its a WOW for sure. You live in Clemson ? In the dorms?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »

Has anyone tried a La Palina Bronze? I won a 5-er on the devil I thought they rated well?
Got a 5er a while back.  Remember them as being pleasant without distinction.
Sounds reasonable, I think I paid $10.50 for 5
That's not a bad price even for mulch. I'm assuming you bid on other things too in order to maximize the shipping?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »

Made it to Monday afternoon.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »

On the coast I assume?
Feel free, but I'm a little south of your probable route to Asheville.  If you have time, you should get up to Biltmore and enjoy a lunch and beverage at Sierra Nevada.
Yes Murrells, been to Biltmore years ago....its a WOW for sure. You live in Clemson ? In the dorms?
Clemson is just a little more than the University, although the town did change it's name to match.  I'm about 3 miles from campus.

sfish

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »

Has anyone tried a La Palina Bronze? I won a 5-er on the devil I thought they rated well?
That's not a bad price even for mulch. I'm assuming you bid on other things too in order to maximize the shipping?
I did, won (3) 5-packs of Room 101 Farce Lonsdales and threw in the Bronze, some other cigars for Andy as well

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »

I did, won (3) 5-packs of Room 101 Farce Lonsdales and threw in the Bronze, some other cigars for Andy as well
The only thing you could have done better was charge Andy the $10.50 extra for his part of the order.

sfish

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »

I don't doubt you are correct but definitely do not feel represented by the current Republican administration either. I've only seen the current President doing things that benefit him. I do not pretend Biden will be the savior many are expecting. I'm curious though to see if there is anything at all that Trump could do to make his supporters doubt him, including murdering someone in broad daylight.
I'm one of "them" and that couldn't be further from the truth. I voted for Trump because I didn't trust Hillary, now I'm convinced they are extreme criminals and cheats. Trump isn't perfect, I wish he were better in many ways but he doesn't owe anyone in the political world anything and I believe politicians as a whole are the lowest. They would knowingly release Covid just to get Trump out. Always beware of people that don't produce anything and yet are wealthy

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »

I'm one of "them" and that couldn't be further from the truth. I voted for Trump because I didn't trust Hillary, now I'm convinced they are extreme criminals and cheats. Trump isn't perfect, I wish he were better in many ways but he doesn't owe anyone in the political world anything and I believe politicians as a whole are the lowest. They would knowingly release Covid just to get Trump out. Always beware of people that don't produce anything and yet are wealthy
Like the Kardashian's....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »

Don't you think if election were rigged, they wouldn't have let so many Republicans gain seats in the house, and probably retain control of the senate.  If you were going to expend that much energy, make it a clean sweep.  More likely people were still supporting Republican issues, but sick of Trump.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:37 PM »

Trump is 100% in his right to challenge the vote for irregularities. If there is a fair process then the Democrats have nothing to fear.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2020, 06:06:47 PM »

Trump is 100% in his right to challenge the vote for irregularities. If there is a fair process then the Democrats have nothing to fear.
mass mail in voting is the problem. How can we not get something as basic as voting right. It’s always a shit show. National holiday vote in person with ID, open thousands of polling places so all have access. Paper ballots with basic counting machines not connected to the internet. Absentee ballot need to be witnessed.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »

Walking home I had a 30 degree temperature drop and rain clouds rolled in. Got 2.5 miles in and had my wife come get me at the bottom of the hill we live on. Refreshing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8