CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: 10/6/2014  (Read 39113 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/6/2014
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »

I guess everyone is out to lunch.
Eating lunch at the desk today myself.
I do that every day. I much prefer it.
I used to work in a darkroom, but I'd never eat in there due to the chemicals.  But my water chiller would get down to around 38 degrees.  Back before they discouraged drinking at work, I'd bring in a couple cases of beer around Christmas, and load it up.  Everyone in the office seemed to stop by the darkroom.
Damn that was the dark ages!
One time, a guy got ahold of some IBC Root Beer labels.  IBC Root Beer came in brown bottles just like beer, and it was very common drink in our office.  They soaked the labels off of the beer bottles, and glued the IBC labels onto them.  Everyone was sitting at their desk getting drunk, and not one person caught on.
IBC is pretty popular in south Louisiana too but Barqs is #1.
My personal favorite is A&W....  But I grew up drinking it fresh at the A&W Root Beer stands.  You know, when the car hop would bring frosty mugs of root beer on a tray that clipped onto your almost rolled down car window... We also had another place called Dog 'n Suds.  Their root beer wasn't as good as A&W's, but they made the best charcoal burger ya ever had..!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

Fuckin work!
Howdy Shaun.
How's it goin today?  I feel like making today a Tuesday, but I will hold off until tomorrow.
The wife is fast asleep in bed, so I'd have to say the day is going pretty good.. :)
Nice and quiet!  ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »

Fuckin work!
Lucky you!  Usually work fucks me, not the other way around.  good afternoon all!
+GFY
Good afternoon Tony and Tex!
Afternoon CG - did the Buffalo's win this weekend?
Close game, but they got the W: 17-10
Well they did better than someone else I am thinking of!  But my other Alma Mater won big time and leads the C-USA West.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

Fuckin work!
Howdy Shaun.
How's it goin today?  I feel like making today a Tuesday, but I will hold off until tomorrow.
The wife is fast asleep in bed, so I'd have to say the day is going pretty good.. :)

Good. So she hasn't noticed the pulverized, sleeping pills you've been adding to the breakfasts' then. Get her up to 2 more pills and you'll have all day to yourself... haha

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »

I used to work in a darkroom, but I'd never eat in there due to the chemicals.  But my water chiller would get down to around 38 degrees.  Back before they discouraged drinking at work, I'd bring in a couple cases of beer around Christmas, and load it up.  Everyone in the office seemed to stop by the darkroom.
One time, a guy got ahold of some IBC Root Beer labels.  IBC Root Beer came in brown bottles just like beer, and it was very common drink in our office.  They soaked the labels off of the beer bottles, and glued the IBC labels onto them.  Everyone was sitting at their desk getting drunk, and not one person caught on.
My personal favorite is A&W....  But I grew up drinking it fresh at the A&W Root Beer stands.  You know, when the car hop would bring frosty mugs of root beer on a tray that clipped onto your almost rolled down car window... We also had another place called Dog 'n Suds.  Their root beer wasn't as good as A&W's, but they made the best charcoal burger ya ever had..!
Oh that A&W out of the keg at the drive in was top shelf all the way but since that all belongs to pepsi or somebody now it is only another old dream.  Now Barqs is my 1st choice when availble in a bottle and IBC next.   

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

Fuckin work!
Howdy Shaun.

Good. So she hasn't noticed the pulverized, sleeping pills you've been adding to the breakfasts' then. Get her up to 2 more pills and you'll have all day to yourself... haha
That's plan "B."  Plan "C," is, "give'm the anesthetic Moe...!!!!   ;)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »

Fuckin work!
Howdy Shaun.
Nice and quiet!  ;)
Do you know how I can tell she's asleep....?  She's not non-stop talking...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »

Fuckin work!
Lucky you!  Usually work fucks me, not the other way around.  good afternoon all!
+GFY
Well they did better than someone else I am thinking of!  But my other Alma Mater won big time and leads the C-USA West.
Some crazy games this weekend!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »

Fuckin work!
Howdy Shaun.
Nice and quiet!  ;)
Do you know how I can tell she's asleep....?  She's not non-stop talking...
You can do whatever you want and not get nagged about it?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »

Oh that A&W out of the keg at the drive in was top shelf all the way but since that all belongs to pepsi or somebody now it is only another old dream.  Now Barqs is my 1st choice when availble in a bottle and IBC next.   
Of all places, Aces Hardware, I picked up a root beer that I've never heard of I believe was called, "Frosty Top."  The root beer was fairly good, but the vanilla flavor was really good.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

Fuckin work!
+GFY
Most exciting week of college football I ever remember.  Regardless of winners some rockum sockum neck and neck games down to the wire - I mean two games lost with the kickers missing not one but two field goals in the closing seconds!  And then both Ol Miss and Miss State both in the Top 5 - really that is history in itself.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

Going to put the hinges, and possibly door pull on tonight...then get er seasoned!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »

Of all places, Aces Hardware, I picked up a root beer that I've never heard of I believe was called, "Frosty Top."  The root beer was fairly good, but the vanilla flavor was really good.
That is an old brand of root beer.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:58 PM »

Fuckin work!
+GFY
Most exciting week of college football I ever remember.  Regardless of winners some rockum sockum neck and neck games down to the wire - I mean two games lost with the kickers missing not one but two field goals in the closing seconds!  And then both Ol Miss and Miss State both in the Top 5 - really that is history in itself.
Those Miss games were unbelievable...pretty cool for them to be able to both have success like that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18