Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »

If you're bored, you can track the Chinese space station that is falling to Earth in real-time.

http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=37820U
Cool.  Looks like next Tuesday is reentry day (TNWSS)
Hahaha!
tools loaded to be sorted and a tool box to be put together for the lady, she made out really good financially I think, just my opinion. friends brought a birthday cake and we had coffee and laughs, I fixed/replaced parts to fix bifold door on the laundry room, new 8" rain shower head installed for a birthday present. relaxing with an El Rey de Mundo and coffee.

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »

If you're bored, you can track the Chinese space station that is falling to Earth in real-time.

http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=37820U
Cool.  Looks like next Tuesday is reentry day (TNWSS)
Hahaha!
tools loaded to be sorted and a tool box to be put together for the lady, she made out really good financially I think, just my opinion. friends brought a birthday cake and we had coffee and laughs, I fixed/replaced parts to fix bifold door on the laundry room, new 8" rain shower head installed for a birthday present. relaxing with an El Rey de Mundo and coffee.
Sounds like a good time was had by all.

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »

And with that, I bid you hazzuh!

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2018, 02:32:05 PM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Dean, and RoughNightRaz.
After a hearty breakfast and a few hours of sleep, I'm back.

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

If you're bored, you can track the Chinese space station that is falling to Earth in real-time.

http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=37820U
Cool.  Looks like next Tuesday is reentry day (TNWSS)
Hahaha!
tools loaded to be sorted and a tool box to be put together for the lady, she made out really good financially I think, just my opinion. friends brought a birthday cake and we had coffee and laughs, I fixed/replaced parts to fix bifold door on the laundry room, new 8" rain shower head installed for a birthday present. relaxing with an El Rey de Mundo and coffee.
Sounds like a good time was had by all.
I have strip steaks out for dinner with baked potatoes, leftover cake for dessert with ice cream.

it ain't over 'till it's over.

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Dean, and RoughNightRaz.
After a hearty breakfast and a few hours of sleep, I'm back.
welcome back.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Dean, and RoughNightRaz.
After a hearty breakfast and a few hours of sleep, I'm back.
welcome back.
Just been a rough 24 hours all the way round.  I've only been up for an hour and I'm ready for a nap.

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Dean, and RoughNightRaz.
After a hearty breakfast and a few hours of sleep, I'm back.
welcome back.
Just been a rough 24 hours all the way round.  I've only been up for an hour and I'm ready for a nap.
one day at a time.

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Dean, and RoughNightRaz.
After a hearty breakfast and a few hours of sleep, I'm back.
welcome back.
Just been a rough 24 hours all the way round.  I've only been up for an hour and I'm ready for a nap.
one day at a time.
You know what's funny about that phrase?  People think of it as an enforced simplification of life that a recovering drunk must endure.  Fact is that's ass-backward. The drunk has raced ahead of the crowd and run into the wall of truth that everyone is inevitably headed for.  One day at a time or the days get away from you.  One day at a time or you die of a coronary before you're due.  One day at a time or your kids wonder who this stranger is that they call "dad."  One day at a time or your wife wonders whatever happened to that guy she married. But we keep racing ahead, trying to see around the next bend, anticipate what the stock market is going to do, plotting how to make the next college tuition payment.  Hell, I'm doing it as I write this.  Thinking about 5th of May when I have to pay for the first round of deer tags for the hunting trip in November, and the next round happens in June, and then I have to budget for the trip.  It's Friday and I'm feeling the pressure of Saturday and a week from Saturday.  It's end of March and I'm feeling the pressure of November.  It's three days into Spring and my head is in the Fall.  No wonder my years are going by faster and faster.

Jesus said it, but we just keep ignoring it - "The day has sufficient troubles of its own."

There's your sermon for the day, everybody.

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

[...]

thank you Rev. for me, the old drunk, wasted all his 'days', always saying " tomorrow I'll ......". when I got sober I wanted everything to get better today. and then no matter how bad I thought my life was a lady told me "right now, right now, everything is okay". I believe that now. life goes on with or without me. rent will always be due, utilities will always need to be paid, my vehicle will need servicing, my kids will always be my kids, my loved ones will always be there, and when ALL else fails, I know I am never alone. God is always by my side. sometimes He walks along side me, sometimes He has to carry me, I prefer walking by His side.

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »

[...]

Indeed. And well said.

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/3/15/review-taurus-pt-111-millennium-g2/
It's got some interesting features.  My dad has one, but I haven't shot it.  I like Taurus' steel guns, with the exception of their 1911, but their polymers do have a poor history.  Personally, my primary carry rule is full-size or compact, sub-compacts are for backup. I have all the mouse guns I'll ever need - 2 Walther PPK's, a Makarov, and two S&W shields (9mm and .45acp).  But this Taurus might be one I'd consider as gifts for the boys when they get their concealed carry licenses.  I'll have to try my dad's out.

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/3/15/review-taurus-pt-111-millennium-g2/
It's got some interesting features.  My dad has one, but I haven't shot it.  I like Taurus' steel guns, with the exception of their 1911, but their polymers do have a poor history.  Personally, my primary carry rule is full-size or compact, sub-compacts are for backup. I have all the mouse guns I'll ever need - 2 Walther PPK's, a Makarov, and two S&W shields (9mm and .45acp).  But this Taurus might be one I'd consider as gifts for the boys when they get their concealed carry licenses.  I'll have to try my dad's out.
as you know I have a Taurus .380 semi. I found a few featyres interesting, especially the double stack magazine.

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/3/15/review-taurus-pt-111-millennium-g2/
It's got some interesting features.  My dad has one, but I haven't shot it.  I like Taurus' steel guns, with the exception of their 1911, but their polymers do have a poor history.  Personally, my primary carry rule is full-size or compact, sub-compacts are for backup. I have all the mouse guns I'll ever need - 2 Walther PPK's, a Makarov, and two S&W shields (9mm and .45acp).  But this Taurus might be one I'd consider as gifts for the boys when they get their concealed carry licenses.  I'll have to try my dad's out.
as you know I have a Taurus .380 semi. I found a few featyres interesting, especially the double stack magazine.
Yup, and the ability to repeatedly trigger if a round doesn't go bang.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6