Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 11:14:37 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »

@ Travellin Dave: you left out Happy Dean Day Monday.
Wonder if he is able to move after golf yesterday.
very little.
Sorry to hear that.  Did you get through 18?
I had to quit after 17.
That sucks. Went golfing with my dad Saturday, his first time since his accident 16 months ago. He had to throw in the towel on 15.
nice part was we had the course to ourselves.
We were cruising along nicely on the front 9, started to get backed up after the turn by group 2 groups ahead. Think maybe the slowdown helped contribute to his back troubles, because it turned into a lot of waiting around.
I hate waiting.
That's the main reason I don't golf.  Too much standing around.
It's not usually that bad. But one bad group can ruin the flow. They must've let these guys go out on the back 9, cause they certainly weren't there on the front 9. That's an unforgivable sin by the starter.
and God forbid they let anyone play through.
And the guys in front of us were playing some kind of best ball, so you KNOW they were just itching to get past this group in front of them.

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)
Funny thing is the two best Mexican Restaurants in Austin have almost no Mexicans working in them.  One is owned by a couple of Austin hippies and the other one by a Greek Family in Houston.

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)
Funny thing is the two best Mexican Restaurants in Austin have almost no Mexicans working in them.  One is owned by a couple of Austin hippies and the other one by a Greek Family in Houston.
Definitely not what you'd expect to find.

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2017, 11:43:09 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)
Funny thing is the two best Mexican Restaurants in Austin have almost no Mexicans working in them.  One is owned by a couple of Austin hippies and the other one by a Greek Family in Houston.
Definitely not what you'd expect to find.
For sure

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

[...]
I used to have the opposite issue. I was so paranoid about slowing groups down that I would let EVERYONE play through and a round would take me 6 hours.
Letting someone play through is not the same as becoming a doormat Tony.   ;)
Agreed. I've got issues. So I stopped playing.

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Don't know what's going to be changing more for your tastes in the Carolina move....better get your share of both, but my guess is you'll be missing the BBQ more, so go with that today.

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)
Funny thing is the two best Mexican Restaurants in Austin have almost no Mexicans working in them.  One is owned by a couple of Austin hippies and the other one by a Greek Family in Houston.
Mexicans are working in all the Italian restaurants up here....

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2017, 12:14:24 PM »

RoMa Craft events at the CI stores this weekend....hmmmmm.....

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »

Next major decision today:  Mexican or BBQ for lunch?
Better get the Mexican now, before the wall goes up. ;)
Funny thing is the two best Mexican Restaurants in Austin have almost no Mexicans working in them.  One is owned by a couple of Austin hippies and the other one by a Greek Family in Houston.
Mexicans are working in all the Italian restaurants up here....
At least in the kitchen.  You still have Nona Carmella or Uncle Nunzio or Antnee greeting you and giving you the specials....

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »

BBQ/Mexican decision lull....

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »

WalMart wasn't terrible today.
mushroom swiss burgers on the grill with leftover ribs.

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:32 PM »

Speaking of Carolina the boy checked out this place yesterday "Bourbon & Burnz" and really liked it.  Huge bourbon selection, pretty good bar food, decent cigar selection and a very nice membership smoking lounge.  He bought us a corporate membership which includes a locker, of course you know who is responsible for keeping the locker well stocked  ::).  And it is right on the highway between my boat and the condo.  But, it is no Jamie's (spell check)!  Will be nice on those cold wet days to enjoy a cigar in comfort.

They don't seem to have a web page.

https://www.facebook.com/Bourbon-Burnz-1684357165118560/
but then again, Jamie's isn't close to your boat or condo...
http://jamiescigarbar.com/  8)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9