« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.
Fuk'n commies.
That they are. It's not about productivity, but the perception of being busy.

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »

DEVELOPING YOUR PALATE – PEPPER | QUESADA 40TH PETITE BELICOSO

When searching for a cigar that demonstrated pepper, we wanted to make sure to give you an unparalleled pepper experience. While Pepin is known for pepper, this little firecracker shows up to show out.  The Quesada 40th Petite Belicoso is another exclusive made just for Small Batch.

Like everything above, there are caveats to this tasting note as well.  When developing your palate, you’ll notice that there are flavors of peppercorn as well as the heat associated with it.  When most cigar enthusiasts discuss pepper, however, they’re describing the spicy nature unless it's denoted as peppercorn.  And getting further into the weeds, advanced palates can occasionally distinguish the differences between white, red, and black pepper.  Once lit, expect this particular Quesada 40th to resonate pepper for the first inch or so before dialing it back for some much needed relief.

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.
Fuk'n commies.
That they are. It's not about productivity, but the perception of being busy.
Write reports and make tables.  They don't have to say anything or conclude anything, but words and numbers show you're busy.

« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.
Fuk'n commies.
That they are. It's not about productivity, but the perception of being busy.
Write reports and make tables.  They don't have to say anything or conclude anything, but words and numbers show you're busy.
Funny you should say that. I'm spending most of my time in Microsoft SSRS and SSMS...creating reports and modifying data tables.

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »

From SBC, a guidline on cigar tasting notes (with an accompanying sampler for $40)
....or I might just be getting a little PWing on.... ;)
The truly productive one of us.

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »

A little bit more from SBC...

Snob: a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field

Aficionado: a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU LAY YOUR CIGAR DOWN WHEN YOU’RE DONE

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU REFUSE TO NAME A BAD CIGAR

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU SAMPLE EACH VITOLA

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU ALWAYS LET YOUR CIGARS REST AFTER SHIPPING

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU’RE OPEN TO NEW BRANDS

YOU MIGHT BE A CIGAR AFICIONADO IF: YOU UNDERSTAND PERSONAL PREFERENCE

These are just the headers.  They go into more detail on each on the site if interested.

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »

Cigar Aficionado lull.... 8)

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

Cigar Aficionado lull.... 8)
Pre-hazzuh lull!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/10/2017
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »

What?!? Nothing on floral, fruit or nuts... and leather. Everyone talks about leather. =P
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/10/2017
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

Cigar Aficionado lull.... 8)
Pre-hazzuh lull!

I know more about Hazzuh than probably anyone...

lol

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »

I see some quality post whoring has taken place.

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »

What?!? Nothing on floral, fruit or nuts... and leather. Everyone talks about leather. =P
And what about Cloves, that one always humors me

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »

What?!? Nothing on floral, fruit or nuts... and leather. Everyone talks about leather. =P
And what about Cloves, that one always humors me
And no mention of raspberry thumbprint cookies.  Stop wasting our time, Travellin'Dave.

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »

What?!? Nothing on floral, fruit or nuts... and leather. Everyone talks about leather. =P
And what about Cloves, that one always humors me
And no mention of raspberry thumbprint cookies.  Stop wasting our time, Travellin'Dave.
Like your time has value  ::)

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.
Fuk'n commies.
That they are. It's not about productivity, but the perception of being busy.
Write reports and make tables.  They don't have to say anything or conclude anything, but words and numbers show you're busy.
Funny you should say that. I'm spending most of my time in Microsoft SSRS and SSMS...creating reports and modifying data tables.
Do it like those in the Swamp, just make the chit up so it sounds good then do it again next month....... over and over.