« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2017, 12:07:47 PM »

Going to have some Mexican Food for lunch, later.

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2017, 12:32:21 PM »

« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »

« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »

Contemplating a box of Namakubi PCs for $142.48
Don't think price will go lower, and they probably won't be around much longer.

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »

Back to NFL for a minute, anyone need a coach? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/johnny-manziel-wants-to-get-into-coaching-if-no-nfl-comeback/
I hope he chooses the Lingerie League.
You mean The Browns?
I don't think that would be a very good name for a Lingerie League team....just sayin'.

« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »

« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Morning RevRaz.
Quick check-in and exit?  Getting to be a bit like Fishy... :-
Work. I mostly have to get out of the office on break to banter anymore.
Fuk'n commies.

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »

From SBC, a guidline on cigar tasting notes (with an accompanying sampler for $40)
....or I might just be getting a little PWing on.... ;)

« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2017, 01:28:33 PM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CREAM | WARPED COLMENA REINA

Of all the tasting notes that we’ve selected for today’s article, we’re starting with the hardest one to describe. That’s because cream can be both a texture as well as a flavor.  Cigar smoke can be creamy as well as maintain the flavor profile of different forms of cream: heavy whipping cream, home-made whipped cream, butter, you know the deal.

But most of the time when cigar enthusiasts describe a cigar as being creamy, they’re describing the creamy texture of the smoke.  Enter the Warped Colmena Reina, an exclusive cigar to Small Batch that delivers on both accounts.  Once lit, you’ll find that creamy texture as well as sweetened home-made whipped cream among other complex flavors.

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – EARTH | ALL OUT KINGS

Earth comes in many shapes and sizes but is unmistakable in just about any cigar in the Liga Privada series.  To broaden our horizons, we selected the All Out Kings collaboration between Robert Caldwell, Willie Herrera, and Jonathan Drew. This cigar features the Liga Privada T-52 wrapper and is the perfect introduction to an earthy cigar.

Of course, earth is such a broad term that once you discover it you’ll be hard-pressed to just call it earth afterward. There’s dry dirt, wet soil, clay, damp (dank) earth, etc.  And different cigars will project different nuances of earth over the course of the experience. Once lit, All Out Kings will initiate you into earthy tasting notes with what Andrew calls, “sweaty earth.”

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CEDAR | CALDWELL BLIND MAN’S BLUFF

Cedar is probably one of the easiest and hardest tasting notes to identify in today’s selection.  Once noticed, it sticks out like a sore thumb, but this flavor is extremely adept at blending into a profile.  For that reason, we chose a veritable cedar bomb to bring the concept home.

Cedar is just one of many woods that are commonly tasted in cigars, with oak and the occasional hickory flavors following suit. One easy way to identify the cedar in this cigar is to take a piece from a cigar box and smell it while you enjoy the Blind Man’s Bluff.  Once lit, you can expect a non-stop cedar experience.

« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – DARK CHOCOLATE | CROWNED HEADS LE CAREME

Jon Huber and Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr. conceptualized this cigar to taste like a chocolate soufflé after it’s namesake, Marie Antoine Careme, the champion of soufflés.  And we think they hit the nail on the head with this one, showcasing the perfect example of dark chocolate in a cigar’s flavor profile.

It’s important to note that chocolate comes in many varietals, and we chose Le Careme for dark chocolate bordering on cocoa powder.  This version of chocolate is stronger, more bitter, and less refined than milk chocolate. Once lit, Le Careme will illustrate several different forms of dark chocolate in a very unique way.