jswaykos

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.
Pussy flavored beer?  Pairs well with tuna?
Pairs well with jelly donut holes
I'm skeptical about beers and donuts but I'll reserve judgement until after I try it.  Thanks.

[...]

I thought that was Antnee?

[...]

Too much tuna for me, i'll leave that to youze guyz
worth trying once.

[...]

I can't quite get the nerve with these myself...

[...]

I'm not that desperate...yet...  ;)

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).
The Dale's is good but I think the Avery's is a bit smoother, worth a try. I can't get enough of the RuinTen lately

I tried the Stone Unapologetic IPA, a collaboration. Not great
Logged

[...]

They're nasty.

[...]

All joking aside, I haven't been impressed with any of the Rogue offerings.

[...]

Can you please compare that to Sculpin? Thank you.

[...]

+1
[...]

I'll try the Avery IPA next.

[...]

Maybe they would taste a little bit like the oyster stout?
http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/12/27/getting-know-oyster-stout-beer-made-oysters
[...]

Always find it hard to compare beers head to head. I'd take RuinTen over Sculpin, mostly because there are other citrusy ipa alternatives out here so I wouldn't "miss" Sculpin if it disappeared because I'd chosen RuinTen instead.

Or you could just try both yourself.

[...]

If you're serious the Sculpin is lighter and fruitier, the Dale's is a bit more "in your face" with hops and bitterness (in a good way). The Avery is somewhere between those 2 and the RuinTen is in another league. The bottle says "A stage dive into a mosh pit of hops" and it's true, powerful yet doesn't make you wince, just really good and strong