CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: 5/12/2017  (Read 11259 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/12/2017
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
you want NP for a dry vermouth, needs to be French, sweet vermouth should be Italian.
I like a habanero stuffed olive in my martini.
Never could acquire much of a taste for olives.  Prefer a twist myself or pearl onion in a pinch.
Bunch of pussies, Real Men Martini:   3 jiggers of Gray Goose vodka, 1/2-3/4 Jigger of olive juice and shaken with ice then pour it in an ice cold martini glass with 3 large jalapeños stuffed olives on a bamboo spear and drink it.  Mix another when that one is finished.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Those sandwiches look like cakes!
fitting, since the cakes look like quarter kegs...

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
you want NP for a dry vermouth, needs to be French, sweet vermouth should be Italian.
Never could acquire much of a taste for olives.  Prefer a twist myself or pearl onion in a pinch.
Bunch of pussies, Real Men Martini:   3 jiggers of Gray Goose vodka, 1/2-3/4 Jigger of olive juice and shaken with ice then pour it in an ice cold martini glass with 3 large jalapeños stuffed olives on a bamboo spear and drink it.  Mix another when that one is finished.
that's a dirty vodka martini!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »

if you put in a pearl onion, it is now a Gibson, not a martini.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
Looks a lot like the Slyman's corned beef sammich Nate was telling you about, except ours is intended for one person.

#GluttonsInOhio
no, deli's have always served big sandwiches, watch the matchmaker devouring a roast chicken in the
movie "Crossing Delancy".  Always liked the bowl of pickles on the table, when I stopped at Rein's deli just east of Hartford, CT. on I-84.  they are not $4 dollar sandwiches, more like $12-$15 ones.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »

Time to select a cigar and open a beer.

Threebean

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »

Amateurs, amiright?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »

601 Blue Toro and an Ice Cold Sweetwater 420.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »

$115 worth of boxes to pack up, sheesh!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »

That ain't a martini, that's vodka and olive juice. And if you're such a real man, why don't you want to taste your liquor? Is it too rough on your sensitive palate? Pussy.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

That ain't a martini, that's vodka and olive juice. And if you're such a real man, why don't you want to taste your liquor? Is it too rough on your sensitive palate? Pussy.
Seems you are wrong as usual :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

that's a dirty vodka martini!
You tell 'em Flip! ....and a commie bamboo spear to boot!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »

Amateurs, amiright?
I said in a pinch.  At least it's not vodka.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »

Amateurs, amiright?
You could probably handle it with peach or caramel vodka.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »

Amateurs, amiright?
Seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10