Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
you want NP for a dry vermouth, needs to be French, sweet vermouth should be Italian.
I like a habanero stuffed olive in my martini.
Never could acquire much of a taste for olives.  Prefer a twist myself or pearl onion in a pinch.
Bunch of pussies, Real Men Martini:   3 jiggers of Gray Goose vodka, 1/2-3/4 Jigger of olive juice and shaken with ice then pour it in an ice cold martini glass with 3 large jalapeños stuffed olives on a bamboo spear and drink it.  Mix another when that one is finished.

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Those sandwiches look like cakes!
fitting, since the cakes look like quarter kegs...

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »

[...]

that's a dirty vodka martini!

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »

[...]

if you put in a pearl onion, it is now a Gibson, not a martini.

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
Looks a lot like the Slyman's corned beef sammich Nate was telling you about, except ours is intended for one person.

#GluttonsInOhio
no, deli's have always served big sandwiches, watch the matchmaker devouring a roast chicken in the
movie "Crossing Delancy".  Always liked the bowl of pickles on the table, when I stopped at Rein's deli just east of Hartford, CT. on I-84.  they are not $4 dollar sandwiches, more like $12-$15 ones.

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »

Time to select a cigar and open a beer.

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »

[...]

Amateurs, amiright?

« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »

601 Blue Toro and an Ice Cold Sweetwater 420.

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »

$115 worth of boxes to pack up, sheesh!

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »

[...]

That ain't a martini, that's vodka and olive juice. And if you're such a real man, why don't you want to taste your liquor? Is it too rough on your sensitive palate? Pussy.

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

[...]

Seems you are wrong as usual :)

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

[...]

You tell 'em Flip! ....and a commie bamboo spear to boot!

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »

[...]

I said in a pinch.  At least it's not vodka.

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »

[...]

You could probably handle it with peach or caramel vodka.

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »

[...]

Seriously.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10