Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
Couldn't agree more Bret, you turned me onto the N-P vermouth and it's a different drink

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like Harold's Deli.

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
Agreed. Especially the shaken part. I don't care what the drink looks like, I don't like my Martini stirred.

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »

La Palina Classics are the current jam offering and going pretty quickly.

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »

I would say a couple of martini's are earned tonight after a full week of work Tony.
By the way, I agree. Gonna have to go buy some vermouth on my way home... After I smoke a cigar.
the best martini's are made in the shade of the vermouth bottle.
I'll say again, the best martinis are made with good vermouth. The problem is, most people don't know what good vermouth is, and most bars stock Martini and Rossi (awful), Gallo (marginally less awful), or Cinzano (just this side of tolerable).  With those vermouths, your best hope is to put as little in as possible and plonk some olives in to kill the taste.

But use Noilly-Prat vermouth, at about 6:1 gin to vermouth, shake in stainless steel till it's colder than freezing, pour into a frosty glass, and throw in a long slice of lemon rind, and you'll know how a martini is supposed to taste.
you want NP for a dry vermouth, needs to be French, sweet vermouth should be Italian.
I like a habanero stuffed olive in my martini.

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2017, 02:31:36 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
it gets served with six more slices of bread, and there is loaves of rye bread
(seeded and unseeded) on the pickle bar. this is a photo from the other side.  they expect
this sandwich to serve 2 to 3 people.

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like Harold's Deli.
yes it is, just up the street from Medieval Times

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
Looks a lot like the Slyman's corned beef sammich Nate was telling you about, except ours is intended for one person.

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Those sandwiches look like cakes!

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »

[...]

Never could acquire much of a taste for olives.  Prefer a twist myself or pearl onion in a pinch.

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
Looks a lot like the Slyman's corned beef sammich Nate was telling you about, except ours is intended for one person.

#GluttonsInOhio

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »

thinking of the little sandwich I got last night, pastrami & corned beef,
look at the cakes in the fridge in the background.
Looks like you needed another loaf of bread
Looks a lot like the Slyman's corned beef sammich Nate was telling you about, except ours is intended for one person.

#GluttonsInOhio

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

Alright, big clock on the wall is telling me my time is almost up. Y'all have a good weekend. Hazzuh!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10