CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: 3/29/2017  (Read 7154 times)

sfish

Re: 3/29/2017
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »

Roast is in the crock per Tony's methodology.  Should be smelling good soon.
I'm doing the same with chicken thighs today.
Chicken Thighs? Is that a pet name for the warden?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor, just the guy I am looking for!

I have a 4 pound pork butt (no jokes needed) that I want to cook in the crock pot today but I don't know a damn thing about crock pot cooking.  You have mentioned cooking them in the crock pot and I need some instructions.
I'm no expert but I have used it from time to time. Are you looking to shred the pork afterwards or just have a tender piece of meet to eat?
Pull it
I would brown the seasoned shoulder (just salt and pepper) on all sides in a cast iron skillet first. Then I'd line the bottom of the crock pot with coarsely cut onions, carrots, celery or whatever veggies you want. (Potatoes and squash work nicely too) then you season the vegetables with some cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Put the shoulder on top of the veggies in the crock and add liquid until it's nearly entirely covered  (maybe an inch shy so you leave room and it won't boil over). I usually use a beer and then some chicken stock. You can use water too but then make sure you season those veggies a little extra. Then let it go on "low" for about 8 hours. You will be left with shredable pork and tasty stock/soup.
You're going to make some lucky guy a good wife some day Tony
I just hope his next spouse puts out more.
Are you volunteering?
Yeah, I'm volunteering Nate.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

I have a 4 pound pork butt (no jokes needed) that I want to cook in the crock pot today but I don't know a damn thing about crock pot cooking.  You have mentioned cooking them in the crock pot and I need some instructions.
I'm no expert but I have used it from time to time. Are you looking to shred the pork afterwards or just have a tender piece of meet to eat?
Pull it
I would brown the seasoned shoulder (just salt and pepper) on all sides in a cast iron skillet first. Then I'd line the bottom of the crock pot with coarsely cut onions, carrots, celery or whatever veggies you want. (Potatoes and squash work nicely too) then you season the vegetables with some cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Put the shoulder on top of the veggies in the crock and add liquid until it's nearly entirely covered  (maybe an inch shy so you leave room and it won't boil over). I usually use a beer and then some chicken stock. You can use water too but then make sure you season those veggies a little extra. Then let it go on "low" for about 8 hours. You will be left with shredable pork and tasty stock/soup.

...... and I have my clam sauce to start in about an hour or so.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:34 AM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it
There won't be a next. "Till death do us part", let's just hope one of us dies soon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »

I went from laughing to barfing.

sfish

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 09:54:48 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it
Are you volunteering?
Yeah, I'm volunteering Nate.
He's such a little whore

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »

Tempting, but I won't.   :-X

sfish

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:09 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it

Is that code for giving the redhead a bath?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it

Is there a theme here?  Chicken thighs, clam sauce, pork butt?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 10:01:00 AM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.
Been to the Cuban restaurant, best plantain chips around and damn good Mojito's, but I will be done by 4:00 and I am getting the hell out of there before the traffic gets any worse.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it

Hahaha

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it

there's a thought. morning Scott.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

Pull it

Is there a theme here?  Chicken thighs, clam sauce, pork butt?

Dave's pulling pork, Tony's spreading chicken thighs, and I'm into clam sauce. nope, no theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9