Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »

There's a JR store a few miles from my house but I'd never been inside before yesterday. It's YUGE! I found myself with a few minutes to smoke and my portable humidor was empty. Prices weren't great but that's what I expected. So I bought a RyJ crafted AJ Fernandez for $8.

The first 3/4" had a very Pepinesque black pepper spice but otherwise nothing notable. After the spice was gone, I found it meh at best the whole rest of the way. Construction and draw were great but otherwise it just tasted like a cigar. And not an $8 one either.

JR Paramus, or JR Whippany, Whippany is bigger, and serves booze, and cooks stuff.

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.
Been to the Cuban restaurant, best plantain chips around and damn good Mojito's, but I will be done by 4:00 and I am getting the hell out of there before the traffic gets any worse.
Leave early and have lunch there.
Leave even earlier and have a cigar and beer after lunch at the Brass Tap across the street.  You'll be in a frame of mind to wrap up the presentation in 30 minutes with a "no questions, GFY", and hit the road home.

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor, just the guy I am looking for!

I have a 4 pound pork butt (no jokes needed) that I want to cook in the crock pot today but I don't know a damn thing about crock pot cooking.  You have mentioned cooking them in the crock pot and I need some instructions.
I'm no expert but I have used it from time to time. Are you looking to shred the pork afterwards or just have a tender piece of meet to eat?
Pull it
I would brown the seasoned shoulder (just salt and pepper) on all sides in a cast iron skillet first. Then I'd line the bottom of the crock pot with coarsely cut onions, carrots, celery or whatever veggies you want. (Potatoes and squash work nicely too) then you season the vegetables with some cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Put the shoulder on top of the veggies in the crock and add liquid until it's nearly entirely covered  (maybe an inch shy so you leave room and it won't boil over). I usually use a beer and then some chicken stock. You can use water too but then make sure you season those veggies a little extra. Then let it go on "low" for about 8 hours. You will be left with shredable pork and tasty stock/soup.
Tony is talking about cooking, I guess I should be telling you what enhancements we will be getting on cigar banter in 2021....  8)

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »

[...]

LMAO, afternoon Flip

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2017, 12:44:23 PM »

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2017, 12:46:28 PM »

Morning WinglessCB and Razmuffin.
Razmuffin? That's a new one.

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.
Been to the Cuban restaurant, best plantain chips around and damn good Mojito's, but I will be done by 4:00 and I am getting the hell out of there before the traffic gets any worse.
Leave early and have lunch there.
Leave even earlier and have a cigar and beer after lunch at the Brass Tap across the street.  You'll be in a frame of mind to wrap up the presentation in 30 minutes with a "no questions, GFY", and hit the road home.
I just assumed that slide was already built into any of his presentations.

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.
Been to the Cuban restaurant, best plantain chips around and damn good Mojito's, but I will be done by 4:00 and I am getting the hell out of there before the traffic gets any worse.
Leave early and have lunch there.
Leave even earlier and have a cigar and beer after lunch at the Brass Tap across the street.  You'll be in a frame of mind to wrap up the presentation in 30 minutes with a "no questions, GFY", and hit the road home.
I just assumed that slide was already built into any of his presentations.
Ha, no doubt.

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:19 PM »

I got to drive all the hell up Bean's way this afternoon to make a presentation at 3:00.  Traffic Hell!!!!
But there's a good Cuban restaurant (not to spoil your dinner) and a decent cigar bar.
Been to the Cuban restaurant, best plantain chips around and damn good Mojito's, but I will be done by 4:00 and I am getting the hell out of there before the traffic gets any worse.
Leave early and have lunch there.
Leave even earlier and have a cigar and beer after lunch at the Brass Tap across the street.  You'll be in a frame of mind to wrap up the presentation in 30 minutes with a "no questions, GFY", and hit the road home.
I just assumed that slide was already built into any of his presentations.
Sounds reasonable.

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »

TxDave-practicing-his-presentation lull.

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2017, 03:17:29 PM »

TxDave-practicing-his-presentation lull.
Just thinking to post the same thing.

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »

TxDave-practicing-his-presentation lull.
Just thinking to post the same thing.
His bosses told him if he's going to say GFY's at the end he needs to do it with a smile.  Going to take a lot of practice to pull that off.

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »

Morning WinglessCB and Razmuffin.
WornOutWingCB.

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »

TxDave-practicing-his-presentation lull.
Just thinking to post the same thing.
His bosses told him if he's going to say GFY's at the end he needs to do it with a smile.  Going to take a lot of practice to pull that off.
GFY!  :)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9