CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 3/14/2017  (Read 7636 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/14/2017
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »

Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
More than likely.
Morning Raz.
Morning TD.

Stepmom was sick last night, so my dad came over for dinner and cigars and discussion of the remodel project.

I cut the first check for the remodel this morning. Gulp. Here we go...
Guess I missed it.  What's the remodel plan?
All three bathrooms is the bulk of it. New carpeting in master bedroom and family room, refinish wood floors main level and new kitchen countertops.
Major one, good luck.  No shiplap, subway tiles or barn doors I'm guessing...
There was almost a barn door, but it wasn't enough cheaper than a pocket door to give up the wall space. Pocket door is connecting the upstairs bathroom to the 3/4 master bath so the two create a suite.

I have no idea what shiplap or subway tiles are.
look.
Gotcha. No, no shiplap. Regular ceramic tile going in the bathrooms.
Shiplap is more often used in bedrooms and living areas over bathrooms and kitchens.  Subway tile now the big thing in kitchens and bathrooms.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »

Time to get out and start moving some of this white shit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

If you don't hear from me, Fishy and the Mayor know where I live, they can divide up the cigars.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
More than likely.
Morning Raz.
Morning TD.

Stepmom was sick last night, so my dad came over for dinner and cigars and discussion of the remodel project.

All three bathrooms is the bulk of it. New carpeting in master bedroom and family room, refinish wood floors main level and new kitchen countertops.
There was almost a barn door, but it wasn't enough cheaper than a pocket door to give up the wall space. Pocket door is connecting the upstairs bathroom to the 3/4 master bath so the two create a suite.

look.
Shiplap is more often used in bedrooms and living areas over bathrooms and kitchens.  Subway tile now the big thing in kitchens and bathrooms.
I found out quickly that doing "the big things" busted my budget quickly. So I'm doing boring things. That's been the test throughout. People would say "You should..." and I would scratch that. When they said, "Well that's boring..." I knew I had a winner.

sfish

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »

If you don't hear from me, Fishy and the Mayor know where I live, they can divide up the cigars.
I'm heading out shortly, looks heavy from the couch

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

I'm heading out shortly, looks heavy from the couch
Looking heavy on the couch.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Huzzah!

sfish

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »

Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »

Good steak is hard to come by.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »

Everything is closed around here or soon to be for their own safety. Hope you are all safe were the weather is crappy.

Threebean

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »

Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
More than likely.
Morning Raz.
Morning TD.

look.
You know what you're missing from this plan...crown molding! 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »

Snowblower performed OK....damn choke keeps on slipping and the damn thing stalls out.  How could they make manifold cover next to the carburetor where it will melt?  Shoveling the damn stuff is a bear....shovel full must weigh about 25 lbs with all the water in it....extra tylenol taken.

Threebean

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »

Afternoon ShovelingDave, I35Dave, CouchPotatoFish, ShutdownRick, and SteaklessCB. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9