ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »

sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2017, 10:08:36 AM »

good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
ok, will do.

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2017, 10:09:40 AM »

sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
The nerve!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
What, you don't need a Nestor Miranda backpack?
What if I send my kids into school with that? Do you think there would be an issue?
they would probably have to go after school to re-education classes.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »

good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
Yeah, we don't care about your thoughts prior to smoking it
Not a problem since there usually aren't too many thoughts either way here.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »

well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Well, the name can fool you but this is a Harbour Freight staple, they make everything (cheap). It may catch fire in your hands, that would be my concern

Yeah, we have them here too. They are indeed "cheap". There's usually also a coupon for a free tape measure or work gloves for just showing up.  ::)

...also, it is Chicago Electric

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-Amp-Heavy-Duty-Variable-Speed-Rotating-Handle-Reciprocating-Saw-62370.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTgwMzMxNTQiLCJza3UiOiI2MjM3MCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTA5ODMifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
Milwaukee Sawzall for $99 (12 AMP BTW), good luck cutting through a birthday cake with that Chicago P.O.S.

http://www.redtoolstore.com/products/milwaukee-6519-31-12-amp-sawzall-reciprocating-saw-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=15135130438&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_KvEBRCtzNil4-KR-LIBEiQAmgekFwDUSOZ-spAwryRvjllzoE3h9J2jE2gzVc9XNnf_rDAaAokg8P8HAQ

LALTS! birthday cake... that's funny

My wife laughed too. She said, just buy the Milwaukee. Then again, spending my money has never been a problem for her.

You could always get a 18v lithium combo set... give you some more options.

 just left a bad taste in my mouth.

You're not supposed to put everything in your mouth!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:52 AM »

sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
The nerve!
Exactly!  Don't think I haven't voiced my displeasure...

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

[...]

You're so predictable.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

[...]

Those are indeed nice, but may be overkill (especially Tony ;) Dean may find other uses) if you're not doing some real demo. He's talking about cutting roots. Equivalent being, buying a $500 Stihl chainsaw to cut dirt that just ends up ruining it.
The Milwaukee is a very decent "Sawsall" (I have had one for 15 years) and if you plan to use one (Even just occasionally) i'd recommend it.  if this is a one & done, buy the cheapest one you can find.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »

well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap reciprocating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

[...]

I don't trust cordless tools. Convenient, yes but with the amount I use them they don't seem worth it or powerful enough.

Edit: Replaced my cordless trimmer with a gas one. Replaced my cordless drill with a corded one. Granted the latter wasn't lithium but just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can understand that. I don't like most garden tools in the cordless variety, but I had to pick up a hedge trimmer for the Ryobi 18v because the warden was going through too many extension cords.  :o

I have been pretty happy with most of the tools in that line. Even used the reciprocating saw to cut out a few door frames when I replaced them.

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
What's up, my good man?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2017, 10:21:21 AM »

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
What's up, my good man?
Interest rates and the Dow. Not much else.