CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: 1/27/2017  (Read 23363 times)

sfish

Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »

well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Well, the name can fool you but this is a Harbour Freight staple, they make everything (cheap). It may catch fire in your hands, that would be my concern

Yeah, we have them here too. They are indeed "cheap". There's usually also a coupon for a free tape measure or work gloves for just showing up.  ::)

...also, it is Chicago Electric

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-Amp-Heavy-Duty-Variable-Speed-Rotating-Handle-Reciprocating-Saw-62370.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTgwMzMxNTQiLCJza3UiOiI2MjM3MCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTA5ODMifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
Milwaukee Sawzall for $99 (12 AMP BTW), good luck cutting through a birthday cake with that Chicago P.O.S.

http://www.redtoolstore.com/products/milwaukee-6519-31-12-amp-sawzall-reciprocating-saw-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=15135130438&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_KvEBRCtzNil4-KR-LIBEiQAmgekFwDUSOZ-spAwryRvjllzoE3h9J2jE2gzVc9XNnf_rDAaAokg8P8HAQ

sfish

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

The Page is a Scorcher!
Holy shit, it's the cigar sale trifecta!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:51 AM »

well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Ahhhh, thanks for that info.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:36 AM »

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »

Well, the name can fool you but this is a Harbour Freight staple, they make everything (cheap). It may catch fire in your hands, that would be my concern

Yeah, we have them here too. They are indeed "cheap". There's usually also a coupon for a free tape measure or work gloves for just showing up.  ::)

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-Amp-Heavy-Duty-Variable-Speed-Rotating-Handle-Reciprocating-Saw-62370.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTgwMzMxNTQiLCJza3UiOiI2MjM3MCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTA5ODMifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
Milwaukee Sawzall for $99 (12 AMP BTW), good luck cutting through a birthday cake with that Chicago P.O.S.

http://www.redtoolstore.com/products/milwaukee-6519-31-12-amp-sawzall-reciprocating-saw-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=15135130438&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_KvEBRCtzNil4-KR-LIBEiQAmgekFwDUSOZ-spAwryRvjllzoE3h9J2jE2gzVc9XNnf_rDAaAokg8P8HAQ

LALTS! birthday cake... that's funny

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »

Those are indeed nice, but may be overkill (especially Tony ;) Dean may find other uses) if you're not doing some real demo. He's talking about cutting roots. Equivalent being, buying a $500 Stihl chainsaw to cut dirt that just ends up ruining it.

sfish

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »

Those are indeed nice, but may be overkill (especially Tony ;) Dean may find other uses) if you're not doing some real demo. He's talking about cutting roots. Equivalent being, buying a $500 Stihl chainsaw to cut dirt that just ends up ruining it.
I know but once you have one you'll find a lot of things you can do with it and after all, Tony IS Italian, just sayin'... ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:38 AM »

The term "Sawzall" is like "Band Aid", it's a Milwaukee patent so technically everything else is a reciprocating saw. If you don't like my tool rants, GFYs it's what I do  :)
For the amount I will be using it, it doesn't make sense. $20 for an occasionally used tool is fine. But if I need to buy a compressor too, it's a whole nutha ball of wax.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »

The Page is a Scorcher!

The perfect storm!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »

He should get there in a minute...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »

My wife laughed too. She said, just buy the Milwaukee. Then again, spending my money has never been a problem for her.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »

My wife laughed too. She said, just buy the Milwaukee. Then again, spending my money has never been a problem for her.

You could always get a 18v lithium combo set... give you some more options.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »

Where's shank, LHCs are jamming

...and still going

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »

Where's shank, LHCs are jamming

...and still going

Man O' War Armada (Gordo) (6.5"x56)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »

You could always get a 18v lithium combo set... give you some more options.
I don't trust cordless tools. Convenient, yes but with the amount I use them they don't seem worth it or powerful enough.

Edit: Replaced my cordless trimmer with a gas one. Replaced my cordless drill with a corded one. Granted the latter wasn't lithium but just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23