CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: 1/9/2017  (Read 11394 times)

sfish

Re: 1/9/2017
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »

Had a great smoking day watching football yesterday. Had an EPC Capa de Sol from NJDave followed by a La Mission 2009 and an Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Chupita which was a great little cigar.
That fire pit is working out for you?
No this was in Andy's garage with his burn-barrel stove going
That makes more sense. I'm assuming you brought the tv in for the winter from behind the barn door?
The stove burns @ over 600 degrees and we could still only get the garage to about 50 degrees, good enough to smoke but we need to insulate
Those things look pretty darn cool but I'm not sure I would light one in a garage unless it was 100% cinder block.
You just described a bunker

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »

Had a great smoking day watching football yesterday. Had an EPC Capa de Sol from NJDave followed by a La Mission 2009 and an Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Chupita which was a great little cigar.
That makes more sense. I'm assuming you brought the tv in for the winter from behind the barn door?
The stove burns @ over 600 degrees and we could still only get the garage to about 50 degrees, good enough to smoke but we need to insulate
Those things look pretty darn cool but I'm not sure I would light one in a garage unless it was 100% cinder block.
Put cement board on the walls where it sits in the corner, insulated flue pipe through the wall and up, all good
Ahhh, that's a different story. I was picturing an open barrel, no flue. I've seen them outdoors attached to a propane tank. Wouldn't want to light one of those in the middle of a garage.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »

Put cement board on the walls where it sits in the corner, insulated flue pipe through the wall and up, all good
Burns propane?
Wood, it's basically a 55 gallon drum. They sell kits for them, legs, door, vent. You lay it down

www.amazon.com/dp/B000IOBIN6/ref=asc_df_B000IOBIN64754126/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000IOBIN6&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167131408724&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13649304379176656779&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9057280&hvtargid=pla-276682250318

www.walmart.com/ip/Vogelzang-Barrel-Stove-Kit-Model-BK100E/160155286?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=916&adid=22222222228067087182&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=170928433390&wl4=pla-300501807274&wl5=9057280&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113134359&wl11=online&wl12=160155286&wl13=&veh=sem

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 10:23:20 AM »

insulation is good too, inexpensive, and easy enough for Tony to do, after he fixes the holes in the dining room floor.
Correction: bedroom.

sfish

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »

Ahhh, that's a different story. I was picturing an open barrel, no flue. I've seen them outdoors attached to a propane tank. Wouldn't want to light one of those in the middle of a garage.
We're not rednecks, sheesh

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 10:35:40 AM »

The ones I've seen looked like this but had propane.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »

I've met Andy, bro.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »

My garage is cinder block but with a wood/shingled roof.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 10:44:07 AM »

speak for yourself.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 10:50:05 AM »

my follow up has been moved up to 7:30am tomorrow instead of Wednesday afternoon for a culture scrapping to see what is in my neck seeing how the ER only looked at it and prescribed antibiotics not knowing what it was. medical center not happy with the lack of 'minimal medical care'.

sfish

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »

You said 100% cinder block, bro

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »

Correct. Which is why I don't have a fire pit in my garage. But I would if it were 100% block.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »

I insulated the garage when it was being built, both for the garage and because two of the upstairs bedrooms are partly over it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »

Correct. Which is why I don't have a fire pit in my garage. But I would if it were 100% block.
Don't think that would be a good idea in any enclosed space.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »

my follow up has been moved up to 7:30am tomorrow instead of Wednesday afternoon for a culture scrapping to see what is in my neck seeing how the ER only looked at it and prescribed antibiotics not knowing what it was. medical center not happy with the lack of 'minimal medical care'.
Are you sure those aren't ben wa balls?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10