CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: 1/9/2017  (Read 11415 times)

sfish

Re: 1/9/2017
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »

Had a great smoking day watching football yesterday. Had an EPC Capa de Sol from NJDave followed by a La Mission 2009 and an Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Chupita which was a great little cigar.
That fire pit is working out for you?
No this was in Andy's garage with his burn-barrel stove going
That makes more sense. I'm assuming you brought the tv in for the winter from behind the barn door?
The stove burns @ over 600 degrees and we could still only get the garage to about 50 degrees, good enough to smoke but we need to insulate

sfish

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:17 AM »

Had a great smoking day watching football yesterday. Had an EPC Capa de Sol from NJDave followed by a La Mission 2009 and an Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Chupita which was a great little cigar.
The EPC was excellent and I really like the La Mission line. I picked up the Chupacabra in Somerville and it was surprisingly good, even when the Giants were shitting the bed
Somerville carries a number of Estaban Carreras. I tried one once and it was just meh. I'll have to pick up a Chupacabra the next time.
The Chupita is a 4x42, it's the first EC I've ever smoked

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »

That makes more sense. I'm assuming you brought the tv in for the winter from behind the barn door?
The stove burns @ over 600 degrees and we could still only get the garage to about 50 degrees, good enough to smoke but we need to insulate
You should try one of those Amish built portable fireplaces. They're pet friendly too. You don't want burnt Nachos.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 08:12:52 AM »

Nice watching the Golden Globes last night, wonder if there is anything good on tonight?
I don't understand the whole foreign press part. Are there award shows for movies and/or tv sponsored by the 'murican domestic press?
Founded in 1918, the FPA is the pre-eminent non-governmental organization representing international journalists in the U.S. With members from more than 50 countries, the FPA offers orientation and networking opportunities; news making and educational events that bring members together with political, business, and other leaders; and a range of valuable member benefits and services. The FPA partners with corporations, non-profits, media organizations, and communications companies on events that meet the needs of its members.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:52 AM »

If only the Giants had that good a lineup.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 08:15:13 AM »

The EPC was excellent and I really like the La Mission line. I picked up the Chupacabra in Somerville and it was surprisingly good, even when the Giants were shitting the bed
Somerville carries a number of Estaban Carreras. I tried one once and it was just meh. I'll have to pick up a Chupacabra the next time.
That's what I picked up when we were there.  Enjoy them.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 08:22:21 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 08:25:20 AM »

Today is one of those Mondays I'm glad I don't have to commute. My train line is having "equipment" issues and there are 45+ minute delays. Did I mention it was friggin cold out there?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »

Nice watching the Golden Globes last night, wonder if there is anything good on tonight?
I don't understand the whole foreign press part. Are there award shows for movies and/or tv sponsored by the 'murican domestic press?
Founded in 1918, the FPA is the pre-eminent non-governmental organization representing international journalists in the U.S. With members from more than 50 countries, the FPA offers orientation and networking opportunities; news making and educational events that bring members together with political, business, and other leaders; and a range of valuable member benefits and services. The FPA partners with corporations, non-profits, media organizations, and communications companies on events that meet the needs of its members.
I still don't get what that has to do with best actress in a comedy or musical.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 08:29:30 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good day to you, Raz.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »

I know there are a couple of Diesel fans on here. Has anyone tried the Heart of Darkness. It's a big mamojama but it sounds interesting.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 09:01:28 AM »

good morning guys. 32°, up from low of 27°, should be last of the cold for awhile. lows only in the 50's rest of the week with highs near 80°.

EPC 2nd in the screen room with coffee.

stayed at lady's house where it was much warmer than my trailer.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »

I know there are a couple of Diesel fans on here. Has anyone tried the Heart of Darkness. It's a big mamojama but it sounds interesting.
if it's bigger than a toro I'm not interested. I do like Diesels.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »

good morning guys. 32°, up from low of 27°, should be last of the cold for awhile. lows only in the 50's rest of the week with highs near 80°.

EPC 2nd in the screen room with coffee.

stayed at lady's house where it was much warmer than my trailer.
Good morning, Dean.  Lady's husband there too?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »

if it's bigger than a toro I'm not interested. I do like Diesels.
58RG but not longer than a toro.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10