CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 21, 2016, 12:01:02 AM

Title: 11/21/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on November 21, 2016, 12:01:02 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 12:14:45 AM
Friggin' Monday!   :(
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 12:15:11 AM
CI has a nice LTG offering to start the week.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 12:16:44 AM
Today is Monday, Nov. 21, the 326th day of 2016. There are 40 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Nov. 21, 1922, Rebecca L. Felton, a Georgia Democrat, was sworn in as the first woman to serve in the U.S. Senate; her term, the result of an interim appointment, ended the following day as Walter F. George, the winner of a special election, took office.

On this date:

In 1789, North Carolina became the 12th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.

In 1864, a letter was signed by President Abraham Lincoln expressing condolences to Lydia Bixby, a widow in Boston whose five sons supposedly died while fighting in the Civil War. (As it turned out, only two of Mrs. Bixby's sons had been killed in battle.)

In 1934, the Cole Porter musical "Anything Goes," starring Ethel Merman as Reno Sweeney, opened on Broadway.

In 1942, the Alaska Highway, also known as the Alcan Highway, was formally opened at Soldier's Summit in the Yukon Territory.

In 1945, American humorist Robert Benchley died in New York at age 56.

In 1969, the Senate voted down the Supreme Court nomination of Clement F. Haynsworth, 55-45, the first such rejection since 1930.

In 1973, President Richard Nixon's attorney, J. Fred Buzhardt (buh-ZAHRDT'), revealed the existence of an 18-1/2-minute gap in one of the White House tape recordings related to Watergate.

In 1974, bombs exploded at a pair of pubs in Birmingham, England, killing 21 people. (Six suspects were convicted of the attack, but the convictions of the so-called "Birmingham Six" were overturned in 1991.)

In 1980, 87 people died in a fire at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. An estimated 83 million TV viewers tuned in to the CBS prime-time soap opera "Dallas" to find out "who shot J.R." (The shooter turned out to be J.R. Ewing's sister-in-law, Kristin Shepard.)

In 1985, U.S. Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Jay Pollard was arrested, accused of spying for Israel. (Pollard later pleaded guilty to espionage and was sentenced to life in prison; he was released on parole on Nov. 20, 2015.)

In 1991, the U.N. Security Council chose Boutros Boutros-Ghali of Egypt to be the new Secretary-General.

In 1996, 33 people were killed, more than 100 injured, when an explosion blamed on leaking gas ripped through a six-story building in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Ten years ago: Kathryn Johnston, 92, was killed in a shootout with Atlanta police during a botched "no-knock" drug raid. (An FBI investigation led five officers to plead guilty for their roles in the shooting, while six others were reprimanded for not following department policy; the city of Atlanta agreed to pay $4.9 million to Johnston's family.) Lebanon's industry minister, Pierre Gemayel, scion of Lebanon's most prominent Christian family, was assassinated in a brazen daytime hit. A methane gas explosion at the Halemba coal mine in southern Poland killed 23 people. Justin Morneau won the American League's Most Valuable Player Award.

Five years ago: Congress' bipartisan deficit reduction "supercommittee," tasked with finding $1.2 trillion in cuts over a decade, failed; under the law that established the committee, inability to reach a compromise would trigger about $1 trillion in automatic spending cuts in military and domestic government programs beginning in 2013. Detroit's Justin Verlander became the first starting pitcher in a quarter-century to be voted Most Valuable Player. Author Ann McCaffrey, 85, whose vision of an interstellar alliance between humans and dragons spawned the science fiction "Dragonriders of Pern" novels, died south of Dublin.

One year ago: Belgian authorities closed down Brussels' subway system and flooded the streets with armed police and soldiers in response to what they said was a threat of Paris-style attacks. Louisiana Democrats reclaimed the governor's mansion for the first time in eight years as John Bel Edwards defeated Republican David Vitter in a runoff election.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 12:17:49 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Joseph Campanella is 92. Actor Laurence Luckinbill is 82. Actress Marlo Thomas is 79. Actor Rick Lenz is 77. Singer Dr. John is 76. Actress Juliet Mills is 75. Basketball Hall of Famer Earl Monroe is 72. Television producer Marcy Carsey is 72. Actress Goldie Hawn is 71. Movie director Andrew Davis is 70. Rock musician Lonnie Jordan (War) is 68. Singer Livingston Taylor is 66. Actress-singer Lorna Luft is 64. Actress Cherry Jones is 60. Rock musician Brian Ritchie (The Violent Femmes) is 56. Gospel singer Steven Curtis Chapman is 54. Actress Nicollette Sheridan is 53. Singer-actress Bjork (byork) is 51. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman is 50. Rhythm-and-blues singer Chauncey Hannibal (BLACKstreet) is 48. Rock musician Alex James (Blur) is 48. Baseball Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr. is 47. TV personality Rib Hillis is 46. Rapper Pretty Lou (Lost Boyz) is 45. Football player-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan (STRAY'-han) is 45. Country singer Kelsi Osborn (SHeDAISY) is 42. Actor Jimmi Simpson (TV: "Westworld") is 41. Singer-actress Lindsey Haun is 32. Actress Jena Malone is 32. Pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen is 31. Actor-singer Sam Palladio is 29.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 12:18:00 AM
Thought for Today: "Audiences are always better pleased with a smart retort, some joke or epigram, than with any amount of reasoning." - Charlotte P. Gilman, American lecturer and author (1860-1935).
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 12:20:07 AM
"In 1973, President Richard Nixon's attorney, J. Fred Buzhardt (buh-ZAHRDT'), revealed the existence of an 18-1/2-minute gap in one of the White House tape recordings related to Watergate."
Oops.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 12:21:23 AM
Thought for Today: "Audiences are always better pleased with a smart retort, some joke or epigram, than with any amount of reasoning." - Charlotte P. Gilman, American lecturer and author (1860-1935).
GFY! Too easy.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 01:01:42 AM
Thought for Today: "Audiences are always better pleased with a smart retort, some joke or epigram, than with any amount of reasoning." - Charlotte P. Gilman, American lecturer and author (1860-1935).
GFY! Too easy.
Over the weekend, Officer executed in San Antonio
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/20/us/san-antonio-police-officer-killed/index.html

Also officers shot in Sanibel and south St. Louis but are expected to survive.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:15:20 AM
Morning Gobblers!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:19:18 AM
November 21 is............. Could not find one today that was worth posting.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:57:30 AM
Milder 42 degrees here this morning looking for sunshine in the mid 70's this afternoon.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 06:05:50 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 06:48:14 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2016, 06:58:27 AM
Morning boys, "fake" work this week...at least that's the way I'm looking at it.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:03:16 AM
Morning boys, "fake" work this week...at least that's the way I'm looking at it.
I'm sure your bosses are looking at it the same way.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 07:10:47 AM
Good Morning Dave, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 07:21:33 AM
NFL game tonight in Mexico City....the stadium is 2,000 feet higher in elevation than Denver....no problem here.  Big boys gonna be sucking wind for sure.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:25:04 AM
Morning boys, "fake" work this week...at least that's the way I'm looking at it.
I'm sure your bosses are looking at it the same way.
I am in the KMA Club so fuk anybody that does not like it - including You!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:25:41 AM
Morning Travellin Dave, Fish and the Mayor.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:26:55 AM
NFL game tonight in Mexico City....the stadium is 2,000 feet higher in elevation than Denver....no problem here.  Big boys gonna be sucking wind for sure.
What's the worst that can happen? No one likes those teams anyway.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:27:04 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:27:32 AM
NFL game tonight in Mexico City....the stadium is 2,000 feet higher in elevation than Denver....no problem here.  Big boys gonna be sucking wind for sure.
What's the worst that can happen? No one likes those teams anyway.
And furthermore no one watches the NFL anymore either.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:31:14 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:32:06 AM
NFL game tonight in Mexico City....the stadium is 2,000 feet higher in elevation than Denver....no problem here.  Big boys gonna be sucking wind for sure.
What's the worst that can happen? No one likes those teams anyway.
And furthermore no one watches the NFL anymore either.
I think I'll show up for this one to watch them suck wind.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:35:40 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
NFL game tonight in Mexico City....the stadium is 2,000 feet higher in elevation than Denver....no problem here.  Big boys gonna be sucking wind for sure.
What's the worst that can happen? No one likes those teams anyway.
And furthermore no one watches the NFL anymore either.
I think I'll show up for this one to watch them suck Break Wind.
Corrected
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:37:13 AM
The wind gusts are bringing us down to RealFeel®: 21°. Took my daughter to school and there are garbage cans everywhere.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:37:45 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Not here.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 07:40:46 AM
32° here and clear. frost on the vehicles. I thought I was in Florida!!??
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:41:42 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Not here.
Mine did not even call me an asshole one single time all weekend, slipping in my old age.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2016, 07:42:24 AM
Morning boys, "fake" work this week...at least that's the way I'm looking at it.
I'm sure your bosses are looking at it the same way.
Work is not cooperating yet
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:43:49 AM
Morning boys, "fake" work this week...at least that's the way I'm looking at it.
I'm sure your bosses are looking at it the same way.
Work is not cooperating yet
I would expect to see about 12-15 out of 50 in our office this week.  Schools are closed all week which certainly helps the damn traffic too.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 07:45:29 AM
Oliva O maduro, coffee, and nightmares of NY here.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:45:37 AM
32° here and clear. frost on the vehicles. I thought I was in Florida!!??
Gotta be better than your old stomping grounds. Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 07:46:54 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Not here.
Mine did not even call me an asshole one single time all weekend, slipping in my old age.
All name calling happens under our breath here.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:47:22 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 07:49:33 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Not here.
Mine did not even call me an asshole one single time all weekend, slipping in my old age.
All name calling happens under our breath here.
Hell, I told her I was planning a fishing trip to Cuba (and it does not include her) and she did not even get irritated about that.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 07:54:13 AM
32° here and clear. frost on the vehicles. I thought I was in Florida!!??
Gotta be better than your old stomping grounds. Good morning, Dean.
actually it's only 2° warmer here than there, except no snow.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 07:54:29 AM
32° here and clear. frost on the vehicles. I thought I was in Florida!!??
You could always go back to NY....got more than a foot of snow in some places and still snowing.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 07:55:24 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
I'm a pussy when it comes to COLD!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 07:55:31 AM
Work Time, short week at least.  Got to help the boss present her project today then on cruise for the other 2 days.
Taking a cruise with your boss? Does the Mrs know?
Do I care if she knows?
Oh dang. Was there an argument over the weekend? You wanna talk to your BotL about it?
Actually it was a more peaceful weekend than usual.
Not here.
Mine did not even call me an asshole one single time all weekend, slipping in my old age.
Or she is....maybe after all this time you've started to wear her down.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 07:56:41 AM
32° here and clear. frost on the vehicles. I thought I was in Florida!!??
You could always go back to NY....got more than a foot of snow in some places and still snowing.
in Conquest and North Victory where I worked winters they have 3' of snow since Saturday.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 08:00:07 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 08:00:35 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
I'm a pussy when it comes to COLD!
You are what you eat.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:04:03 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
I'm a pussy when it comes to COLD!
You are what you eat.
I don't know but I Have Always Been Told Eskimo Pussy is Mighty Cold.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:04:52 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
About as interesting as an NFL Game in Mexico, besides your source is not considered reliable.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 08:05:55 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
Interesting indeed.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:07:20 AM
Rack Check
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 08:11:09 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
I'm a pussy when it comes to COLD!
You are what you eat.
POTD Tony, very nice!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 08:12:46 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
About as interesting as an NFL Game in Mexico, besides your source is not considered reliable.
Just trying to offer up education and discussion points TexDave....not like we have a rack photo to discuss.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 08:26:08 AM
I Can't figure out WTF You Are but Good Morning Dean.
I'm a pussy when it comes to COLD!
You are what you eat.
okay, I have no problem with that.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 08:28:17 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
About as interesting as an NFL Game in Mexico, besides your source is not considered reliable.
Just trying to offer up education and discussion points TexDave....not like we have a rack photo to discuss.
well check my profile picture then.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:34:15 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
About as interesting as an NFL Game in Mexico, besides your source is not considered reliable.
Just trying to offer up education and discussion points TexDave....not like we have a rack photo to discuss.
I can put you up one just will not be the local barista
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:36:53 AM
Rack Check
Covered with a jacket this cool morning. :(
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 08:41:53 AM
Rack Check
Covered with a jacket this cool morning. :(
Shame, cool mornings are good for two point buck sightings.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:45:45 AM
Rack Check
Covered with a jacket this cool morning. :(
Shame, cool mornings are good for two point buck sightings.
Amen!  (Just a note "2-point" bucks are called spikes.) ;D
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 08:56:13 AM
Rack Check
Covered with a jacket this cool morning. :(
Shame, cool mornings are good for two point buck sightings.
Amen!  (Just a note "2-point" bucks are called spikes.) ;D
(https://media.giphy.com/media/T4INc8unHMfZK/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:57:43 AM
Rack Check
Covered with a jacket this cool morning. :(
Shame, cool mornings are good for two point buck sightings.
Amen!  (Just a note "2-point" bucks are called spikes.) ;D
(https://media.giphy.com/media/T4INc8unHMfZK/giphy.gif)
Fish post that for you?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 08:57:52 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 09:01:45 AM
FDLA's and other MF's products at the Page today

Spittoons and Tactical Stockings are back again.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 09:01:53 AM
Morning Bean
Morning Dave, Dave, Dean, Fishy, and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 09:03:29 AM
Looks like I need restart this damn 'puter.  Thanks, Bill Gates.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 09:15:03 AM
FDLA's and other MF's products at the Page today

Spittoons and Tactical Stockings are back again.
'Tis the season.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 09:20:43 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 09:22:01 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 09:31:41 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
No joke. First blowie I've gotten in a long while and it wasn't as good as I remembered.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 09:33:03 AM
Markets Open

Oil +$1.30 @ $47

DOW  +50 @ 18,918
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 09:35:16 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
No joke. First blowie I've gotten in a long while and it wasn't as good as I remembered.
Trying to say that getting blown off a ladder is better than not getting blown at all?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 09:37:17 AM
@ Mayor T - what was the Super Bowl Outcome?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 09:37:53 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
No joke. First blowie I've gotten in a long while and it wasn't as good as I remembered.
Trying to say that getting blown off a ladder is better than not getting blown at all?
No.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 09:39:01 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
No joke. First blowie I've gotten in a long while and it wasn't as good as I remembered.
Probably need to get her some of that cure for dry mouth stuff they advertise on TV, should fix things right up.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 09:40:54 AM
@ Mayor T - what was the Super Bowl Outcome?
We won 14-6. It was raining sideways the whole time and the boys did great. The adverse conditions made the cheerleaders' halftime show the best one yet too. Go figure.

They had a superbowl celebration party yesterday and my daughter had a blast. That's what it's all about, right?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 09:42:05 AM
time to get started on those leaf guards. see you later guys.

I just LOVE Mondays. ❤
Get blown off the ladder if you tried doing that up here today.
No joke. First blowie I've gotten in a long while and it wasn't as good as I remembered.
Probably need to get her some of that cure for dry mouth stuff they advertise on TV, should fix things right up.
Dry mouth seems to be the side effect of EVERY medication. Haha
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 09:43:27 AM
@ Mayor T - what was the Super Bowl Outcome?
We won 14-6. It was raining sideways the whole time and the boys did great. The adverse conditions made the cheerleaders' halftime show the best one yet too. Go figure.

They had a superbowl celebration party yesterday and my daughter had a blast. That's what it's all about, right?
Congratulations!  And yes, absolutely right!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 09:46:34 AM
@ Mayor T - what was the Super Bowl Outcome?
We won 14-6. It was raining sideways the whole time and the boys did great. The adverse conditions made the cheerleaders' halftime show the best one yet too. Go figure.

They had a superbowl celebration party yesterday and my daughter had a blast. That's what it's all about, right?
Indeed!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 09:49:33 AM
Say what, $1250 on a single order?  From SBC of course:

ORO= Free Davidoff Oro Blanco when you spend $1250+ (2 available)
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 09:50:52 AM
Say what!  $1250 on a single order?  From SBC of course

ORO= Free Davidoff Oro Blanco when you spend $1250+ (2 available)
I'm all over it... NOT.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 09:59:42 AM
Say what!  $1250 on a single order?  From SBC of course

ORO= Free Davidoff Oro Blanco when you spend $1250+ (2 available)
I'm all over it... NOT.
Gots to hurry, only two available.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2016, 10:10:07 AM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 10:10:56 AM
Say what!  $1250 on a single order?  From SBC of course

ORO= Free Davidoff Oro Blanco when you spend $1250+ (2 available)
I'm all over it... NOT.
Gots to hurry, only two available.
Five hundred dollar seegar!  40% discount!  Woo hoo!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 10:11:08 AM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
All good none great and some better than others.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 10:11:39 AM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
DeepDishFish, how's things?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 10:16:42 AM
Morning CB.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2016, 10:44:51 AM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
DeepDishFish, how's things?
Morning Mike, all good. You?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
Uncle Lee prefectors, $37.50/10 with FS at Holts.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html)
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 11:32:23 AM
Morning CB.
Good morning your travelingship.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 11:33:22 AM
Uncle Lee prefectors, $37.50/10 with FS at Holts.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html)
Can we use the $10 CI coupon?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 11:33:35 AM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
DeepDishFish, how's things?
Morning Mike, all good. You?
Stoking the fires to keep warm.  Down into the 20's again last night.  Clear, bright blue skies.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 11:34:32 AM
Uncle Lee prefectors, $37.50/10 with FS at Holts.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html)
Can we use the $10 CI coupon?
As long as you know here to stick it.  And TWSS…
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 11:43:12 AM
Uncle Lee prefectors, $37.50/10 with FS at Holts.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html)
Can we use the $10 CI coupon?
You can try.  I'm waiting for Ogie to swoop in with the CI FS code to use mine.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on November 21, 2016, 11:46:20 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 11:51:06 AM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on November 21, 2016, 12:01:33 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Well I had to watch the start of Live with Kelly, ya know
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 12:06:49 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Well I had to watch the start of Live with Kelly, ya know
You lose your job too? ;D
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 12:06:58 PM
Morning Flip
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 12:09:40 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Well I had to watch the start of Live with Kelly, ya know
It's the law.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 12:14:47 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Just groanin'…
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 12:16:33 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 12:17:09 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Just groanin'…
I groaned while posting it. I could just make it all disappear but why?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 12:18:49 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 12:53:13 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Afternoon your blackness.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 01:10:05 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Afternoon your blackness.
I'm offended and will organize a demonstration/protest/riot in short order.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 01:10:24 PM
Forgot how much attention it takes to smoke a pipe.  Gotta fiddle with it constantly.  Do enjoy the pipe tabaccy though.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 01:11:25 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Afternoon your blackness.
I'm offended and will organize a demonstration/protest/riot in short order.
Go to your quiet place and you'll be alright.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on November 21, 2016, 01:29:13 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
That's very eggciting information, Flip. Good late morning to ya.
Well I had to watch the start of Live with Kelly, ya know
You lose your job too? ;D
managerial flex time, as long as I work 7 hours at my desk, and it coincides with
a bunch of everybody else's hours, I'm OK.  Plus when they call me at midnight, I'm supposed to get
online and fix the problem.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 01:34:27 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Afternoon your blackness.
And you haven't even seen me with my pants off.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 01:38:07 PM
Forgot how much attention it takes to smoke a pipe.  Gotta fiddle with it constantly.  Do enjoy the pipe tabaccy though.
I had a drawer at work dedicated to it. Had to pack all that stuff up and now it's sitting in the basement, in jars, in a box, next to the humidors. I could actually go for a bowl right about now.

Planning to meet up with Charlie tomorrow morning/afternoon for a cigar or two.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 01:59:08 PM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
DeepDishFish, how's things?
Morning Mike, all good. You?
Stoking the fires to keep warm.  Down into the 20's again last night.  Clear, bright blue skies.
Bright blue skies last night?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 02:00:05 PM
@Tex, how have you liked the Tat Skinnies you've had?
DeepDishFish, how's things?
Morning Mike, all good. You?
Stoking the fires to keep warm.  Down into the 20's again last night.  Clear, bright blue skies.
Bright blue skies last night?
Probably that pipe tobacco ???
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 02:01:31 PM
Interesting question from USA Today (surprised CarolinaDave hasn't brought it up already)....why don't we eat turkey eggs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/20/turkey-eggs/94167134/)
goose eggs are the size of a mini football. We used to raise chickens, ducks, and we had one goose. rhode island red chickens, lay brown eggs, the plymoth rock chickens lay white.  We had some fancy bantam hens, their eggs had
pastel green and blue shells.  Inquiring minds and all.
Good morning boys.
Eggsactly.  Afternoon BarnyardFlip.
Wait a minute. Pot, is that you? It's me, Kettle.
Afternoon your blackness.
I'm offended and will organize a demonstration/protest/riot in short order.
It's a new era...we don't have to put up with that PC shit anymore...unless we're on a college campus or California.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
[...]

Actually I believe that new era dawns on 1/20/17, except in the aforementioned locations.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 02:47:28 PM
[...]

That's just a technicality.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 02:48:14 PM
[...]

You also must have supported the new era at least in the general election to claim the fruits of winning.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 02:53:57 PM
leaf guards done. was shorted one piece and at least 25 fasteners from the contractor and had to make a Home Depot run to find something to match up. the leaf guards are special order contractor material. called the contractor and he'll get me another piece. my ankles are killing me from climbing up and down the ladder. glad the guards were 6 footers and not 3 footers.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 02:54:21 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 02:54:56 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Common Core Education
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 02:55:40 PM
[...]

that's bullshit! some of us has never been politically correct.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 03:28:39 PM
PC lull?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2016, 03:30:10 PM
[...]

True, but now it's acceptable again.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 03:38:29 PM
PC lull?
Making some hotel reservations for next year lull
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 03:38:55 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 03:59:27 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Just the thought of that place has given me gas
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 04:00:40 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Just the thought of that place has given me gas
happy to say I have never been to one.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 04:01:36 PM
Markets Closed

Oil UP $1.79 @ 47.48

DOW  +88.83 @ 18,957
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 04:02:13 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 04:18:01 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:08:12 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Just the thought of that place has given me gas
happy to say I have never been to one.
Happy to say that I have been and will be again. It's all about expectations. Would I rather eat authentic Mexican? Absolutely. In a pinch when not too much else is available, will I eat a carnitas burrito from Chipotle? Absolutely.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:11:18 PM
Forgot how much attention it takes to smoke a pipe.  Gotta fiddle with it constantly.  Do enjoy the pipe tabaccy though.
I had a drawer at work dedicated to it. Had to pack all that stuff up and now it's sitting in the basement, in jars, in a box, next to the humidors. I could actually go for a bowl right about now.

Planning to meet up with Charlie tomorrow morning/afternoon for a cigar or two.
Yep, gotta have all your paraphernalia and no not talking about wacky tabaccy
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:12:21 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:13:35 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Just the thought of that place has given me gas
happy to say I have never been to one.
Happy to say that I have been and will be again. It's all about expectations. Would I rather eat authentic Mexican? Absolutely. In a pinch when not too much else is available, will I eat a carnitas burrito from Chipotle? Absolutely.
Would I ever eat anything from there again?  NO!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:14:37 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
Afternoon Johnny!  76 here.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:19:44 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
Afternoon Johnny!  76 here.
Howdy Dave, figured your temp would be about the same.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:21:20 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
Afternoon Johnny!  76 here.
Howdy Dave, figured your temp would be about the same.
Wind makes it feel a little cooler than it really is.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:22:14 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
Howdy, Johnny. 77 sounds nice. Especially since we're experiencing wintry weather up here.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:23:14 PM
Chipotle being sued over a burrito they advertize as 300 calories, but is actually over 1,000.    Must be that new math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/11/21/customers-suing-chipotle-over-300-calorie-burrito/94211910/
Oh, the pain and suffering!
Just the thought of that place has given me gas
happy to say I have never been to one.
Happy to say that I have been and will be again. It's all about expectations. Would I rather eat authentic Mexican? Absolutely. In a pinch when not too much else is available, will I eat a carnitas burrito from Chipotle? Absolutely.
Would I ever eat anything from there again?  NO!
I can respect that.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:23:53 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:24:18 PM
Forgot how much attention it takes to smoke a pipe.  Gotta fiddle with it constantly.  Do enjoy the pipe tabaccy though.
I had a drawer at work dedicated to it. Had to pack all that stuff up and now it's sitting in the basement, in jars, in a box, next to the humidors. I could actually go for a bowl right about now.

Planning to meet up with Charlie tomorrow morning/afternoon for a cigar or two.
Yep, gotta have all your paraphernalia and no not talking about wacky tabaccy
I'm way passed that. No longer interested. But thanks.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:32:09 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
Choot 'em!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:34:09 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
9mm vs 9 mm Kurz?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:34:29 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
Choot 'em!
Yup, knock 'em down.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:35:15 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:35:48 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
9mm vs 9 mm Kurz?
Nah, thinking more along the line of a 380.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:36:06 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
9mm vs 9 mm Kurz?
OK Raz ::)
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:37:18 PM

...All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
TWHS

Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:37:43 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Guess I'll just take her to the gun shop and let her try them out for feel and balance.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:38:34 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
9mm vs 9 mm Kurz?
OK Raz ::)
Poachin' on the Raz's territory?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Guess I'll just take her to the gun shop and let her try them out for feel and balance.
Definitely the best idea
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:39:38 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Guess I'll just take her to the gun shop and let her try them out for feel and balance.
Best thing to do is go to a gun range where she can rent both and put some rounds through them.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 05:39:45 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Guess I'll just take her to the gun shop and let her try them out for feel and balance.
I hope you don't intend to make her #5. Especially seeing as she's gonna be carrying.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 05:45:22 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:51:01 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.

Never even picked up a 42 but they have not been to popular.  43 is an ok piece but she might also consider a M&P Shield or a Springfield XDs.  I carry an XDs often and like it.

All good just a matter of which one is more comfortable in her hand.
Guess I'll just take her to the gun shop and let her try them out for feel and balance.
Best thing to do is go to a gun range where she can rent both and put some rounds through them.
Good thought, not one real close but I may look around more.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on November 21, 2016, 05:51:45 PM
While I'm thinking about it, Dave, I'm trying to help a lady pick out a pistol for her to carry, what do you think/know about the Glock 42 or 43.
9mm vs 9 mm Kurz?
OK Raz ::)
Poachin' on the Raz's territory?
9x19 vs 9x17 - just sayin'…
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 05:53:01 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 06:07:21 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Think I'll stay with the 380 for her, she's pretty small so I don't want to knock her on her ass, going to let her shoot my 380 derringer first and see how that goes.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 06:09:37 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Bersa Thunder in .380
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2016, 06:13:21 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Think I'll stay with the 380 for her, she's pretty small so I don't want to knock her on her ass, going to let her shoot my 380 derringer first and see how that goes.
I understand. the lady sold me both pistols for $350. subtracted it from the loan on her gutters I paid for. I'm more than happy with them for CC.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 06:15:05 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Bersa Thunder in .380
I've seen those, nice little gun.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 06:18:24 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Think I'll stay with the 380 for her, she's pretty small so I don't want to knock her on her ass, going to let her shoot my 380 derringer first and see how that goes.
I understand. the lady sold me both pistols for $350. subtracted it from the loan on her gutters I paid for. I'm more than happy with them for CC.
I can just drop the derringer in my pants pocket and you can't tell it's there.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
[...]
People just think you're happy to see them?
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 07:11:48 PM
[...]
That or they shouldn't Fuck with me.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 07:40:39 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Bersa Thunder in .380
I've seen those, nice little gun.
I have that one (though not the pink version).  It is small and lightweight so would work for her.  It's not fun at the range, though, as those low profile sights make it harder to aim.  One other detail,  is there is a notch on the LH bottom of the slide which might catch her thumbnail if she isn't disciplined with her hand/thumb position.  The warden complained about that issue when she shot it.  Perhaps it's a small hands thing, not an issue for me.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2016, 08:03:01 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Bersa Thunder in .380
I've seen those, nice little gun.
And good evening, Mr. Reed.
Title: Re: 11/21/2016
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2016, 08:22:48 PM
Time to head home for a nice afternoon smoke.
61° and sunny here. hope your weather is comfortable.
77 out here at the lake.
is there any water in that lake yet Johnny?
good evening my friend.
Howdy Dean, yep lake is full and doing well, stopped letting San Antonio steal as much as they were!
good to hear.
I have a Taurus PT 738 in .380 and Ultra Lite .38 special. take a look at the new Taurus PT 111, 9mm with 2-12 round magazines for about $225-$250 +-
Bersa Thunder in .380
I've seen those, nice little gun.
And good evening, Mr. Reed.
Evening Mark, took a short nap.