CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 03, 2020, 12:00:04 AM

Title: 11/3/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on November 03, 2020, 12:00:04 AM
Happy Election Day Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:52:06 AM
VOTE
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 05:18:58 AM
I will be glad when this week is over.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 05:24:16 AM
The sis had the perfect opportunity to put up the CAO America, instead they go with the Italia. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 06:04:54 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 07:40:58 AM
Sheesh.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 07:45:39 AM
Sheesh.
At the polls lull?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 07:51:09 AM
Sheesh.
At the polls lull?
Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:08:53 AM
Sheesh.
At the polls lull?
Decisions, decisions, decisions...
If you got to the last couple of weeks and were still undecided, you should probably have your vote taken away. :D
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 08:28:41 AM
Good morning, voters.  Here's a little something to get you moving this morning.
https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet (https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 08:30:42 AM
Good morning, voters.  Here's a little something to get you moving this morning.
https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet (https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
thanks Mark.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 08:31:25 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 08:34:08 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:41:39 AM
Good morning, voters.  Here's a little something to get you moving this morning.
https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet (https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FrealDonaldTrump%2Fstatus%2F1323534663453913093&widget=Tweet)
See, now I can't decide which is worse - his policies, his personality or his dance moves.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:42:50 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:43:32 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:51:45 AM
Anyways, let's talk about how today is ACTUALLY National Sandwich Day...
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 08:55:40 AM
Scorcher going today and I'm not referring to politics
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 08:55:51 AM
Anyways, let's talk about how today is ACTUALLY National Sandwich Day...
I move we make it National Sandwich Week.  After all, so many kinds from which to choose.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 08:56:22 AM
Gotta get on a conference call. BBL
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:57:46 AM
Anyways, let's talk about how today is ACTUALLY National Sandwich Day...
I move we make it National Sandwich Week.  After all, so many kinds from which to choose.
Or Month. Or Year. I'm good with any of those.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 08:58:25 AM
Scorcher going today and I'm not referring to politics
Who's got time for that, there's sammitches to talk about!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:33:32 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, RedDean, BlueDave and GreenBean.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:36:04 AM
Anyways, let's talk about how today is ACTUALLY National Sandwich Day...
I move we make it National Sandwich Week.  After all, so many kinds from which to choose.
Well, actually at Jersey Mikes, SANDDAY20ff is good through 11-6
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:44:13 AM
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 3, the 308th day of 2020.
There are 58 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Nov. 3, 1936, President Franklin D. Roosevelt won a landslide election victory over Republican challenger Alfred “Alf” Landon.

On this date:
In 1900, the first automobile show in the United States opened at New York’s Madison Square Garden under the auspices of the Automobile Club of America.
In 1911, the Chevrolet Motor Car Co. was founded in Detroit by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant. (The company was acquired by General Motors in 1918.)
In 1960, President John F. Kennedy established the U.S. Agency for International Development.

In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson soundly defeated Republican Barry Goldwater to win a White House term in his own right.
In 1970, Salvador Allende (ah-YEN’-day) was inaugurated as president of Chile.
In 1979, five Communist Workers Party members were killed in a clash with heavily armed Ku Klux Klansmen and neo-Nazis during an anti-Klan protest in Greensboro, North Carolina.

In 1986, the Iran-Contra affair came to light as Ash-Shiraa, a pro-Syrian Lebanese magazine, first broke the story of U.S. arms sales to Iran.
In 1992, Democrat Bill Clinton was elected the 42nd president of the United States, defeating President George H.W. Bush. In Illinois, Democrat Carol Moseley-Braun became the first Black woman elected to the U.S. Senate.
In 1994, Susan Smith of Union, South Carolina, was arrested for drowning her two young sons, Michael and Alex, nine days after claiming the children had been abducted by a Black carjacker.

In 2004, President George W. Bush claimed a re-election mandate a day after more than 62 million Americans chose him over Democrat John Kerry; Kerry conceded defeat in make-or-break Ohio rather than launch a legal fight reminiscent of the contentious Florida recount of four years earlier.
In 2017, Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who walked away from his post in Afghanistan and triggered a search that left some of his comrades severely wounded, was spared a prison sentence by a military judge in North Carolina; President Donald Trump blasted the decision as a “complete and total disgrace.”
In 2014, 13 years after the 9/11 terrorist attack, the resurrected World Trade Center opened for business, marking an emotional milestone for both New Yorkers and the nation.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:44:59 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama acknowledged that Democrats had taken “a shellacking” in midterm elections. The Federal Reserve announced a plan to buy $600 billion in Treasury bonds over the next eight months in an attempt to boost lending and stimulate the economy. Former Russian Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin died in Moscow at age 72.

Five years ago: Ohio voters rejected a ballot proposal that would have legalized both recreational and medical marijuana. U.S. auto safety regulators fined Japan’s Takata Corp. $70 million for concealing evidence for years that its air bags were prone to explode with potentially deadly consequences. Online retail giant Amazon opened its first brick-and-mortar bookstore, located in Seattle, two decades after it began selling books over the Internet. Ahmad Chalabi, a prominent Iraqi politician who helped persuade the Bush administration to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein in 2003, died in Baghdad.

One year ago: Authorities in Southern California lifted all evacuation orders as firefighters made progress on a large blaze that sent thousands fleeing homes and farms northwest of Los Angeles. Geoffrey Kamworor of Kenya won his second men’s title in three years at the New York City Marathon; in the women’s race, Kenyan Joyciline Jepkosgei powered away from four-time winner Mary Keitany in her first marathon.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:47:12 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Lois Smith is 90.
Actor Monica Vitti is 89.
Former Massachusetts Gov. Michael S. Dukakis is 87.
Actor Shadoe Stevens is 74.
Singer Lulu is 72.
“Vogue” editor-in-chief Anna Wintour is 71.
Comedian-actor Roseanne Barr is 68.
Actor Kate Capshaw is 67.
Comedian Dennis Miller is 67.
Actor Kathy Kinney is 67.
Singer Adam Ant is 66.
Sports commentator and former quarterback Phil Simms is 65.
Director-screenwriter Gary Ross is 64.
Actor Dolph Lundgren is 63.
Rock musician C.J. Pierce (Drowning Pool) is 48.
Actor Francois Battiste (TV: “Ten Days in the Valley”) is 44.
Olympic gold medal figure skater Evgeni Plushenko is 38.
Actor Julie Berman is 37.
Actor Antonia Thomas (TV: “The Good Doctor”) is 34.
Alternative rock singer/songwriter Courtney Barnett is 33.
TV personality Kendall Jenner (TV: “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”) is 25.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 09:48:03 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
They have not been so flush as of late...
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 10:05:10 AM
Anyways, let's talk about how today is ACTUALLY National Sandwich Day...
I move we make it National Sandwich Week.  After all, so many kinds from which to choose.
Well, actually at Jersey Mikes, SANDDAY20ff is good through 11-6
Don't have one of those close enough to me to try, unfortunately.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 10:15:13 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 10:48:28 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 10:48:52 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 10:49:03 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Thank you MSNBC
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 10:50:05 AM
Scorcher going today and I'm not referring to politics
some deals are OK and some are just OK
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 10:50:38 AM
Scorcher going today and I'm not referring to politics
Who's got time for that, there's sammitches to talk about!
Taco Tuesday
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 10:51:04 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Thank you MSNBC
CNS, exactly
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 10:51:35 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
Indeed
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 10:54:53 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Thank you MSNBC
Strong talk for someone who has apparently not been paying even a little attention the last 4 years. ;)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 10:55:17 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
Indeed
I think he'll suspend the redhead rule if it means getting to woo a rich Dubai princess.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 10:56:30 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Thank you MSNBC
...and CNN, and Rachel Maddow, and NBC, and ABC, and CBS, and the New York Times...

This is a hysterical election cycle...in both senses of the word.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:00:01 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:02:18 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Nah, if Biden wins, the media will start calling for peace, love and harmony.  It'll suddenly be time to call an end to endless government investigations.  Go figger.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:02:44 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 11:04:10 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
Indeed
I think he'll suspend the redhead rule if it means getting to woo a rich Dubai princess.
Plus he can't tell what he's getting until he unwraps them.  Appeals to his sense of adventure.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:04:14 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Nah, if Biden wins, the media will start calling for peace, love and harmony.  It'll suddenly be time to call an end to endless government investigations.  Go figger.
And we'll all be saying, "come on, guys, he was elected, get over it and give him a chance" like you all told us last time. :D
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:04:52 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
wealthy cougars?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:05:31 AM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
Indeed
I think he'll suspend the redhead rule if it means getting to woo a rich Dubai princess.
Plus he can't tell what he's getting until he unwraps them.  Appeals to his sense of adventure.
It'll be like his birthday!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:06:08 AM
morning RazMan and Dave.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:07:03 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Maybe you should spend less time telling us *who's* bad, and try and persuade us of your vision of what the world should look in the future, and how you think is the best way to achieve it.  Just a thought.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:07:16 AM
CarolinaRedfish has his arsenal all locked and loaded anticipating civil unrest tomorrow.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:07:33 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Nah, if Biden wins, the media will start calling for peace, love and harmony.  It'll suddenly be time to call an end to endless government investigations.  Go figger.
And we'll all be saying, "come on, guys, he was elected, get over it and give him a chance" like you all told us last time. :D
And you can expect us to be as accommodating as y'all were.  ;-)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:08:21 AM
morning RazMan and Dave.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:10:37 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Nah, if Biden wins, the media will start calling for peace, love and harmony.  It'll suddenly be time to call an end to endless government investigations.  Go figger.
no money in that! Ill bet a 10pk Joe is out before 2 years are up.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:11:05 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Pelosi pulled Article 25 not to get rid of Trump but to get rid of Biden so Kamala takes the presidency. you actually believe Biden could do more than sniff little girls or grope women after 47 years of carrying water in politics?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:11:37 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
Nah, if Biden wins, the media will start calling for peace, love and harmony.  It'll suddenly be time to call an end to endless government investigations.  Go figger.
And we'll all be saying, "come on, guys, he was elected, get over it and give him a chance" like you all told us last time. :D
Its "come on man!"
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:12:29 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Pelosi pulled Article 25 not to get rid of Trump but to get rid of Biden so Kamala takes the presidency. you actually believe Biden could do more than sniff little girls or grope women after 47 years of carrying water in politics?
See, I'm staying out of politics, and restricting myself to social commentary today.   ;)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:13:23 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Maybe you should spend less time telling us *who's* bad, and try and persuade us of your vision of what the world should look in the future, and how you think is the best way to achieve it.  Just a thought.
that's no fun and takes effort.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:15:48 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Maybe you should spend less time telling us *who's* bad, and try and persuade us of your vision of what the world should look in the future, and how you think is the best way to achieve it.  Just a thought.
that's no fun and takes effort.
And reasoned debate without resorting to name-calling.  That IS a tough challenge, for both sides.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:18:36 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Maybe you should spend less time telling us *who's* bad, and try and persuade us of your vision of what the world should look in the future, and how you think is the best way to achieve it.  Just a thought.
I'd like to think that were an option, but I sincerely doubt the chance of anyone here having their mind changed through discussion, myself included. I'll stick to snarky comments and thinking about sammitches, thanks.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:20:09 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Pelosi pulled Article 25 not to get rid of Trump but to get rid of Biden so Kamala takes the presidency. you actually believe Biden could do more than sniff little girls or grope women after 47 years of carrying water in politics?
Well, he certainly couldn't top Drumpf in the groping category. As for the pedophile insinuation, that's been my absolute favorite desperate straw for people to grasp this cycle. I truly believe you're better than that, Dean.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:20:29 AM
Why is the DOW up 600 points? They smell money!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 11:20:42 AM
[...]
(https://i.imgur.com/rf8wI8b.gif)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:22:52 AM
[...]
Not a pedo, just likes Roches and "kids on my lap" he is Santa. SNIFFING is not illegal.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:26:33 AM
I got 5pk of Casa Cuevas Connecticut ..... very nice smoke IMO
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 11:28:53 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
I don't think anybody will have the opportunity to vote for Biden again, guaranteed he won't make it through his full term. Pelosi already laying the ground work
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 11:29:25 AM
Private Jet Traffic Soars as Panicked Elites Exit Cities Amid Virus, Election Chaos.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 11:30:49 AM
[...]
And this is the problem with this country and this election.  Everybody wants to play identity politics.  It's easier.  No one wants to get down to the real dividing issues, because those are no fun.  It's so much fun to demand stimulus and reparations and free healthcare, and when asked "how do you propose we pay for it?" to shout "Racism!" "You hate the poor!"  "You're a libtard!"  "You're a Nazi!"  "Kill Mitch!" That's easy.

But it's true, trying to persuade me to accept a tax increase would be really, really hard.  Just about as hard as trying to convince a Democrat to accept spending cuts.

Still, this is how deals are made.  You can get me to give up short term profit for long term profit.  That's how it's done.  But you have to convince me what the long term gain is for me.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:32:51 AM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
I don't think anybody will have the opportunity to vote for Biden again, guaranteed he won't make it through his full term. Pelosi already laying the ground work
Thanks, Fox News. ;)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:33:45 AM
Why is the DOW up 600 points? They smell money!
They smell profit after last week's sell off.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 11:35:08 AM
Private Jet Traffic Soars as Panicked Elites Exit Cities Amid Virus, Election Chaos.
(https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2Jecm1l0wnJ2kQDu/source.gif)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:36:46 AM
Private Jet Traffic Soars as Panicked Elites Exit Cities Amid Virus, Election Chaos.
I hope they all have private islands, cause I don't know if many places are accepting visitors right now.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 11:37:02 AM
Scorcher going today and I'm not referring to politics
Who's got time for that, there's sammitches to talk about!
Taco Tuesday
I'm definitely down with that. Is a taco technically a sandwich?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:37:03 AM
[...]
I don't see where I called him a pedophile, just that he liked sniffing little girls. or do you know something about Joe we don't?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:37:31 AM
Private Jet Traffic Soars as Panicked Elites Exit Cities Amid Virus, Election Chaos.
(https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2Jecm1l0wnJ2kQDu/source.gif)
(https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6MbcFNxdo9L3eX3W/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:38:21 AM
[...]
I don't see where you called him that, either. That's why I used the word insinuation.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:38:41 AM
Hey, at least we've gotten to page 6 before lunch. That's something.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:40:10 AM
[...]

when you get my age there is no 'long term'. 😊
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:45:25 AM
[...]
sniffing little girls isn't a crime?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on November 03, 2020, 11:47:12 AM
sammich time?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 11:47:38 AM
[...]

Well said Bret. I actually think that Ohio will pay one of the biggest prices if Biden is elected. Raising corporate taxes may be the easiest cop-out and will ruin a vibrant economy. America is built on big business
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 11:48:18 AM
Hey, at least we've gotten to page 6 before lunch. That's something.
It IS something.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:48:52 AM
[...]

LALTS
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:49:32 AM
sammich time?
Just about leftover chili time for me. I think sammitches will be for dinner.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:05:23 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
I don't think anybody will have the opportunity to vote for Biden again, guaranteed he won't make it through his full term. Pelosi already laying the ground work
Thanks, Fox News. ;)
I think its thank you dementia :)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:19:32 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
You forgot Corona, Corona, Corona...
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:20:34 PM
I am sick of elections. can we sell our country to a monarch?
One of the candidates is trying to turn us into a dictatorship, is that close enough for you?
Besides, at this point, I'm sure England doesn't want us back. ;D
I was thinking one of those oil rich Arab countries like Dubai.
Vibrant gazebo potential over there?
More so than the redhead potential I would think.
wealthy cougars?
That would be a nice change of pace...unless they move to Europe and pick up some gigolo there.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:21:33 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
You forgot Corona, Corona, Corona...
We were talking about FAKE NEWS not reality. What sandwich are you getting???
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:22:54 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
What's clear is that 2024 is already shaping up to be potentially worse than this one, I think. Will we be voting for Ivanka? Biden again? Kamala? Someone in these parts already has a giant JIM JORDAN 2024 sign under their equally overcompensatingly huge Drumpf sign. I'm already exhausted for future me.
Maybe you should spend less time telling us *who's* bad, and try and persuade us of your vision of what the world should look in the future, and how you think is the best way to achieve it.  Just a thought.
That's easy.  Treat people with decency, work to shared goals and needs of the American people, don't lie (OK, maybe a little), don't make shit up and base your actions on conspiracy theories.  Hows that for a start.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 12:28:04 PM
[...]
Who you talking to? Me or Trump?  Because what I said had nothing to do with Trump, or Biden for that matter.

But I'll point out that "working toward shared goals and needs" does require a consensus of what those are.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:28:12 PM
[...]
Nope, that not good for me.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:28:53 PM
[...]

But economy was doing just fine before the big tax cut.  If Trumpf hadn't bungled the economy with his random tariffs and new trade deals that are not much different from the old trade deals, the economy would have been even better during his term.  "Raising Corporate Taxes" is putting them back where they were (with a little extra for all the freebies they got from Trumpf)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:30:43 PM
[...]

There is also no proof that raising the minimum wage will do anything to increase unemployment, put small businesses out of business etc.  If anything, business has improved in cities and states where this has been implemented.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:33:55 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
You forgot Corona, Corona, Corona...
We were talking about FAKE NEWS not reality. What sandwich are you getting???
But Corona is fake.  News will stop talking about it tomorrow if Biden wins.  We've rounded the corner, it's going to be a glorious winter!

Big Kahuna chicken cheesesteak with extra meat.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:35:40 PM
[...]

Lets see what Sanders and Warren come up with when they are in charge.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:37:25 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
You forgot Corona, Corona, Corona...
We were talking about FAKE NEWS not reality. What sandwich are you getting???
But Corona is fake.  News will stop talking about it tomorrow if Biden wins.  We've rounded the corner, it's going to be a glorious winter!

Big Kahuna chicken cheesesteak with extra meat.
Chicken ???? FAKE SUB!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 12:40:21 PM
[...]

Sure as hell didn't improve things in Seattle.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:50:38 PM
We may got from 4 years of Russia Russia Russia to 4 years of Hunter Hunter Hunter. Or 4 more years of Russia Russia Russia. Depending on what the media company's think will sell best.
You forgot Corona, Corona, Corona...
We were talking about FAKE NEWS not reality. What sandwich are you getting???
But Corona is fake.  News will stop talking about it tomorrow if Biden wins.  We've rounded the corner, it's going to be a glorious winter!

Big Kahuna chicken cheesesteak with extra meat.
Chicken ???? FAKE SUB!
Just seems appropriate today.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 12:51:12 PM
[...]

Did it make it worse?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 12:52:03 PM
[...]

Its Seattle (:
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 12:57:39 PM
[...]

Define worse?  A lot of people lost their jobs.  I suppose those who didn't lose their jobs would consider it better.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 01:28:43 PM
[...]

Can you define "a lot"? Because everything I'm reading indicates an increase in the number of jobs at the bottom of the wage floor, which is exactly what proponents of increasing the minimum are hoping for.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 01:31:49 PM
Well, I've had a productive morning.  Voted, got my hair cut, picked up a box of ammo, got a sammich, cleaned out the garden.  Think it's time for a cigar.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 01:37:57 PM
You may need to surrender that box of Ammo depending on who wins. What you smokin?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 01:39:28 PM
Well, I've had a productive morning.  Voted, got my hair cut, picked up a box of ammo, got a sammich, cleaned out the garden.  Think it's time for a cigar.
You've definitely earned it.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 01:58:35 PM
Well, I've had a productive morning.  Voted, got my hair cut, picked up a box of ammo, got a sammich, cleaned out the garden.  Think it's time for a cigar.
You're a lousy Biden/Harris Harris/Biden supporter if you're buying ammo.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 02:20:38 PM
Time to hit the bricks. If the shooting starts, may the odds be ever in your favor. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 02:32:32 PM
[...]

A UW study in 2017 indicated 5,000 fewer low-wage jobs than there would have been otherwise, and the average overall pay went down $125 due to work hours being cut. Now, from 2017-2019, that was mitigated by the growth of the Trump economy. True enough. Consumers were willing to spend more, so the bleeding was mitigated. But in an economic downturn, those jobs and the businesses that provide them are toast. And it will take a major recovery to get back to that.

The notion that increasing minimum wage will cause a net increase in jobs is only viable in a very hot economy where consumers will spend more - in other words, it's a trickle-down theory. Increase earnings at the upper end of the scale and it will filter down to tolerance of the higher prices that will allow job expansion at the lower end. If earnings at the upper end sneeze, the lower end dies of pneumonia.

In addition, recoveries are driven by smaller businesses, much more vulnerable to labor costs. So if fewer of those companies go into action, because they can't afford the costs, then recoveries don't happen as quickly.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 02:38:01 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 03, 2020, 03:01:12 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
CNS
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:08:02 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
what did it say?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:08:59 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
CNS
Central Nervous System?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
what did it say?
It started singing "Y-M-C-A".
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 03:10:38 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
CNS
Central Nervous System?
Chuckled Now Smiling
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 03:22:38 PM
Giving this stick another shot. Hoping another month's rest did it some good.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/fb2f41c0d2333f3a9efab74d1e627c66.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 03:26:43 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:27:38 PM
Giving this stick another shot. Hoping another month's rest did it some good.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/fb2f41c0d2333f3a9efab74d1e627c66.jpg)
I did not and do not think they are all that great. Meh for me.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:28:38 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 03:35:09 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
TWSS
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 03:36:27 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
That is a colorful box. You'll have to repurpose it when it's empty for sure.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 03:42:10 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
That is a colorful box. You'll have to repurpose it when it's empty for sure.
It definitely is, really great blue color on it. It's a keeper.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 03:42:50 PM
This cigar called out to me today.
Appropriate
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 03:50:09 PM
[...]

Perhaps $15 is too high for the market to bear, but to have a minimum wage that hasn't increased in 11 years and counting is unconscionable. Other than new technology, not a whole lot of things haven't increased in price in that timeframe.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 03:50:32 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
Checking out another man's package?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:52:52 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
Checking out another man's package?
Comparison Shopping
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 03:53:07 PM
Off to VOTE!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 04:16:44 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
He does make a good looking package! Hope they are as good as they look.
Checking out another man's package?
Comparison Shopping
Kinky.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 04:34:21 PM
[...]

Weren't Obama/Biden in office for the majority of that time? Congrats on the cigars
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on November 03, 2020, 04:40:40 PM
Giving this stick another shot. Hoping another month's rest did it some good.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/fb2f41c0d2333f3a9efab74d1e627c66.jpg)
I did not and do not think they are all that great. Meh for me.
Somewhat improved but still in meh territory for me as well.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 05:27:16 PM
OK let’s relax now!
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 05:34:20 PM
Giving this stick another shot. Hoping another month's rest did it some good.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/fb2f41c0d2333f3a9efab74d1e627c66.jpg)
I did not and do not think they are all that great. Meh for me.
Somewhat improved but still in meh territory for me as well.
for a bit less I prefer the Griffins
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 05:38:12 PM
[...]

Minimum wage in Washington State gets adjusted up frequently, and it's gone up every year since 1999.  The argument could be made that it is too low, and that might be unconscionable, but it's gone up every year.  And the fact is that here in Washington there aren't many jobs that pay minimum wage anyway.  You wouldn't be able to get the employees.  When I joined the workforce at 16 in 1981, as a grocery bagger, minimum wage was around $2.35.  I was making $3.96, and that went up to $4.27 in less than a year.  I started my first computer programming job just out of high school at $5.00, but I was also getting my college tuition paid. Minimum wage stayed at $2.35 until 1989, but McDonald's in Washington state was paying $8 an hour.

What this whole Seattle minimum wage thing was really attempting to do was alter the restaurant industry.   Restaurants are about the only businesses in Seattle that were paying minimum wage, and that was because most of the workers were getting tips.  So, they increased the minimum wage to $15, and stipulated that tips couldn't count against that.  So, a bunch of restaurants immediately went under, because they didn't have the financial backing to support it.  The ones that survived were chain-owned (so costs could be distributed), or the ultra high end locally-famous restaurants (and even a bunch of those closed), or they were family-owned and operated and therefore not subject to minimum wage laws.  The chains and the high end cut hours to manage costs.

Point is, all it really accomplished was to drive the startup restaurants out of the city.  It was a net boon to the peripheral communities, because those minimum wage workers didn't live in Seattle, and couldn't, and still can't.  So those that held on to their jobs take that money back with them to where they DO live, and when restaurant startups move out into those areas, customers and labor are attracted there.  The people that still have their jobs (and yes, lots of those jobs stayed) don't realize a huge benefit, because most of them were already working at far higher than minimum wage, even though nominally they were minimum wage workers.  Only now the tips have gone down to compensate (many restaurants implemented no-tipping policies to hang on to customers).

Wanna know who the minimum wage increase in Seattle really benefitted?  City, County, State and Federal government.  They have a steadier stream of revenue coming off the wages of minimum wage workers now, and they get to crow about how much justice there is for the workers.  And there are workers who crow right along with them, the ones who are bad at math.   ;)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on November 03, 2020, 05:56:21 PM
MATH
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 06:07:03 PM
MATH
What a concept, right? And math always wins.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 06:40:44 PM
[...]

You're right about that. My guess is they were too busy fighting to give people healthcare to deal with it.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on November 03, 2020, 06:50:54 PM
[...]

Fighting?  They rammed that absurdity through on greased rails.  They nuked cloture requirements, silencing the filibuster.  Course, it made them mad when Mitch did the same thing for judges.  But hey, that's politics.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 07:07:40 PM
[...]

The fight wasn't just the passage, it included the Senate voting 40+ times to repeal it.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
I vote for this SL to start my evening.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 08:05:31 PM
I vote for this SL to start my evening.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 08:07:59 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
Got my box today as well.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 08:11:57 PM
[...]

They also gave insurance companies an out, if ObamaCare was ever taken away, they wouldn’t have to honor pre-existing conditions. This is the fight left for Trump by that administration
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 08:12:53 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
Got my box today as well.
Show-off! Lol
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 09:21:39 PM
I vote for this SL to start my evening.
Cain Daytona for me.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201104/19741bdbd1bfd7cdb5990cc568c288aa.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 10:29:24 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
Got my box today as well.
Wow I really enabled you a lot recently, I may have to pay you a visit and help you smoke some
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: sfish on November 03, 2020, 10:30:12 PM
I vote for this SL to start my evening.
Cain Daytona for me.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201104/19741bdbd1bfd7cdb5990cc568c288aa.jpg)
Haven’t smoked one of those in forever, how are they holding up?
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 03, 2020, 10:53:34 PM
Dominicana mail call(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201103/e6809a26fa3c7fa560cfe62af01aaa13.jpg)
Got my box today as well.
Wow I really enabled you a lot recently, I may have to pay you a visit and help you smoke some
Always a room open. White whale sign is up.
Title: Re: 11/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 03, 2020, 11:11:38 PM
I vote for this SL to start my evening.
Cain Daytona for me.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201104/19741bdbd1bfd7cdb5990cc568c288aa.jpg)
Haven’t smoked one of those in forever, how are they holding up?
These I didn't get too long ago, and they're still as good as ever.