CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 29, 2017, 12:00:14 AM

Title: 8/29/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on August 29, 2017, 12:00:14 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 05:32:26 AM
I'll wait to say good morning until a little later - better ratings.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:11:13 AM
Indeed, timing is everything.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:11:44 AM
Morning EstrogenDave.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
Today is Tuesday, Aug. 29, the 241st day of 2017. There are 124 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On August 29, 1967, the series finale of "The Fugitive," starring David Janssen as a doctor on the run after being wrongly convicted of murdering his wife, aired on ABC-TV, drawing an estimated 78 million viewers.

On this date:

In 1533, the last Incan King of Peru, Atahualpa (ah-tuh-WAHL'-puh), was executed on orders of Spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro.

In 1877, the second president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Brigham Young, died in Salt Lake City, Utah, at age 76.

In 1910, Korean Emperor Sunjong abdicated as the Japan-Korea Annexation Treaty went into effect.

In 1944, 15,000 American troops of the 28th Infantry Division marched down the Champs Elysees (shahms ay-lee-ZAY') in Paris as the French capital continued to celebrate its liberation from the Nazis.

In 1952, the composition 4'33" ("Four Minutes, Thirty-three Seconds") by avant-garde composer John Cage premiered in Woodstock, New York, as David Tudor sat down at a piano, and, for four minutes and 33 seconds, played ... nothing.

In 1957, the Senate gave final congressional approval to a Civil Rights Act after South Carolina Sen. Strom Thurmond (then a Democrat) ended a filibuster that had lasted 24 hours.

In 1958, pop superstar Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana.

In 1965, Gemini 5, carrying astronauts Gordon Cooper and Charles "Pete" Conrad, splashed down in the Atlantic after 8 days in space.

In 1972, swimmer Mark Spitz of the United States won the third of his seven gold medals at the Munich Olympics, finishing first in the 200-meter freestyle.

In 1987, Academy Award-winning actor Lee Marvin died in Tucson, Arizona, at age 63.

In 1996, the Democratic National Convention in Chicago nominated Al Gore for a second term as vice president. Earlier in the day, President Bill Clinton's chief political strategist, Dick Morris, resigned amid a scandal over his relationship with a prostitute.

In 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast near Buras, Louisiana, bringing floods that devastated New Orleans. More than 1,800 people in the region died.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:13:40 AM
Ten years ago: Fellow Republicans called on Idaho Sen. Larry Craig to resign and party leaders pushed him from senior committee posts as fallout continued over his arrest at a Minneapolis airport restroom and guilty plea to disorderly conduct. Prayers, protests and a lingering disgust with the government's response to Hurricane Katrina marked the disaster's second anniversary in New Orleans. Taliban militants in Afghanistan released 12 South Korean captives, part of a deal with Seoul to free all 19 hostages. Richard Jewell, the former security guard who was wrongly linked to the 1996 Olympic bombing, was found dead in his west Georgia home; he was 44.

Five years ago: Seizing the Republican National Convention spotlight in Tampa, Florida, vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan promised Mitt Romney would "not duck the tough issues" if he were to win the White House and that their party would move forcefully to solve the nation's economic woes. Hurricane Isaac sidestepped New Orleans, sending the worst of its howling wind and heavy rain into a cluster of rural fishing villages. The NFL announced it would open the regular season with replacement officials.

One year ago: Huma Abedin (HOO'-muh AB'-uh-deen), a top aide to Hillary Clinton, announced she was separating from her husband, Anthony Weiner, after the former congressman was accused in yet another sexting scandal. Actor Gene Wilder, the frizzy-haired actor who brought his deft comedic touch to such unforgettable roles as the neurotic accountant in "The Producers" and the deranged animator of "Young Frankenstein," died in Stamford, Connecticut, at age 83.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:14:14 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Betty Lynn (TV: "The Andy Griffith Show") is 91. Movie director William Friedkin is 82. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is 81. Actor Elliott Gould is 79. Movie director Joel Schumacher is 78. TV personality Robin Leach is 76. Actress Deborah Van Valkenburgh is 65. Former Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is 62. Dancer-choreographer Mark Morris is 61. Country musician Dan Truman (Diamond Rio) is 61. Actress Rebecca DeMornay is 58. Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch is 50. Singer Me'Shell NdegeOcello (n-DAY'-gay-OH'-chehl-oh) is 49. Rhythm-and-blues singer Carl Martin (Shai) is 47. Actress Carla Gugino is 46. Rock musician Kyle Cook (Matchbox Twenty) is 42. Actor John Hensley is 40. Actress Kate Simses is 38. Rock musician David Desrosiers (Simple Plan) is 37. Rapper A+ is 35. Actress Jennifer Landon is 34. Actor Jeffrey Licon is 32. Actress-singer Lea Michele is 31. Actress Charlotte Ritchie is 28. Actress Nicole Gale Anderson is 27. Rock singer Liam Payne (One Direction) is 24.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:14:42 AM
Thought for Today: "Don't be 'consistent,' but be simply true." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., American author (1809-1894).
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 06:24:16 AM
Morning EstrogenDave.
Lol, I've been called worse.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 06:27:51 AM
What's going on here, boys?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 06:30:25 AM
What's going on here, boys?
Nothing, boss, honest.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:34:49 AM
Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand. - Henry David Thoreau
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:35:32 AM
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. - Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:37:48 AM
Snow always inspires such awe in me. Just consider one tiny snowflake alone, so delicate, so fragile, so ethereal. And yet, let a billion of them come together through the majestic force of nature, they can screw up a whole city.
- Betty White
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:40:11 AM
I do not wonder at a snowflake, a shell, a summer landscape, or the glory of the stars; but at the necessity of beauty under which the universe lies. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:41:41 AM
The wonder of a single snowflake outweighs the wisdom of a million meteorologists. - Francis Bacon
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:42:21 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:45:08 AM
Tasting profile courtesy of Small Batch Cigar, part 2:

Leather

Citrus

Milk Chocolate

Cinnamon

Cherry
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:45:53 AM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – LEATHER | ILLUSIONE ROTHCHILDES

As mentioned in our first article on developing your palate, leather is one of those classic tasting notes that is more associated with our sense of smell than our sense of taste. And for that reason, leather can be a very nuanced note because of all the different types of smells associated with it.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.comConsider faux leather, rough side out boot leather, old versus new leather, that Italian leather sofa that your significant other won’t let you put in your office, and any other type of leather in your memory bank. The smells and sensations are different, yet firm inside your mind.  Once lit, the Illusione Rothchildes will take you on a roller coaster ride of thick, chewy leather.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:46:29 AM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CITRUS | ESPINOSA LARANJA RESERVA

There’s so many other robust flavors battling for your attention that citrus, as a secondary flavor, is often overlooked unless it’s in your face. That is, until the Espinosa Laranja Reserva entered the scene, a cigar that’s named after the orange hue of the wrapper as well as the orange zest deeply ingrained in the flavor profile.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

While it’s true that lemon is more common to cigars than orange tasting notes are, our goal is to identify a cigar with an abundance of a certain flavor to assist in developing your palate. And, when you fire up the Laranja, you’ll swear that Erik Espinosa grew this tobacco in an orange grove.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:47:03 AM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – MILK CHOCOLATE | CALDWELL THE KING IS DEAD

In contrast with dark chocolate, milk chocolate is a more refined flavor that is smoother, easier on the palate, and generally harder to come by in the cigar world.  Caldwell’s The King is Dead utilizes a negrito wrapper that imparts strong sensations of milk chocolate or chocolate milk depending on how you perceive it.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

This cigar was blended to be part of a two cigar experience with The King is Dead to be enjoyed first, quickly followed by Long Live the King. From the first moment that you set fire to The King is Dead, you’ll be transported back to a time when you could eat as much chocolate as you wanted without impunity.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:47:43 AM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CINNAMON | CALDWELL LONG LIVE THE KING

Cinnamon is a hard flavor to pinpoint in cigars because it’s rarely unaccompanied – usually it’s noted as exotic spices, warm spices, or Christmas spices when a reviewer feels that there are more things at play than just cinnamon. This complicates things until you enjoy a Long Live the King, particularly in the My Style is Jalapeno (lancero) vitola.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

Because this cigar is so unique, it’s developed a love/hate relationship amongst cigar enthusiasts.  But love it or hate it, once you’ve finished this cigar you’ll be able to identify cinnamon from here on out.  And, if you’re a fan of cinnamon, this intoxicating combo will have your head spinning in all the right ways.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:48:24 AM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CHERRY | FOUNDATION CIGAR CO’S EL GUEGUENSE

As noted with our recent Blind Review of Viaje’s Juntos, cherry can easily be interpreted in different ways.  The distinct sweetness that we’d all probably identify in a blind food taste test may present itself as different fruits or even floral notes when detected in a cigar.  This is most likely due to the fact that it’s a secondary tasting note much like citrus and cinnamon.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

While we’ve worked hard to only showcase cigars that make it easy for you to detect, this one may you to focus more than the others. El Gueguense is a testament to Nicholas Melillo’s blending prowess and suitably conveys a very complex experience with multiple transitions.

Cherry particularly shines in this blend when enjoyed slowly.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:49:40 AM
And their accompanying sampler ($37.97):

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-classic-tasting-notes-no-2
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 06:53:26 AM
What's going on here, boys?
Nothing, boss, honest.
Well, get to work!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 06:56:53 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 07:13:36 AM
What's going on here, boys?
Nothing, boss, honest.
Well, get to work!
Sir, yes, sir!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 07:38:59 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?
Never try to say anything, either I say it or not.
Just opening up discussions for the day.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 07:39:38 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?
Never try to say anything, either I say it or not.
Just opening up discussions for the day.
Hmmmm.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 07:44:04 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 07:45:37 AM
good morning guys. 73° heading for 90's. AF Cuban corona and coffee.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 07:47:44 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
What a rube!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 08:04:17 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 08:14:53 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 08:15:23 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 08:15:43 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 08:25:32 AM
[...]

tobacco flavored cheeries or cherry flavored tobacco or tobacco with cherry flavored?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 08:26:30 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
maybe that's why my palate isn't so defined.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 08:32:30 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
No.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 08:42:23 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 08:44:34 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Well, I do like EPC's as nice flavorful cigars.... ???
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 08:45:54 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
And got out in time to miss the east coast storm.  You need to leave us your week's drink menu....and the winner.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 08:46:41 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 08:52:36 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 08:52:53 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
And got out in time to miss the east coast storm.  You need to leave us your week's drink menu....and the winner.
+1      Inquiring minds want to know!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 08:53:48 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 09:17:34 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
Well, have to draw the line somewhere.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 09:19:25 AM
Nice little discount over at Small Batch Cigars:

CODE: BIRTHDAY = 20% off orders of $29+

CODE: PARTY = 29% off orders of $290+
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 09:22:24 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
Especially Buesos!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 09:25:41 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
I thought we didn't talk about those? Did I miss something?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 09:34:08 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 09:36:53 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
I thought we didn't talk about those? Did I miss something?
LALTS, you're right about that.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 09:37:07 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Looks terrible.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 09:43:53 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:02:08 AM
Morning VacaOverFish, EPC2ndsDean, MayoralTony, and SnowflakeDaves.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 10:03:55 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
nice
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 10:05:00 AM
Morning Scott and Mark.

What happened to TexSCDave today?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:15:17 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
nice
Indeed.  I see they offer manicures.  That must be what hooked Fish.  (no pun intended).
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:16:14 AM
Morning Scott and Mark.

What happened to TexSCDave today?
Perhaps he was waylaid by pair of refugee stuffed yoga pants while out walking the dog.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 10:19:06 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:21:46 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
Still raining in Houston.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 10:24:35 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Guess that one was a bit of a softball.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 10:25:17 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Don't answer that, Golf. The rest of us don't want to know.

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 10:27:25 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
And got out in time to miss the east coast storm.  You need to leave us your week's drink menu....and the winner.
Drink of The Day broke down like this:

Sunday: Patron Coconut Margarita (me)
Monday: Rasberry Gin Rickey (SIL)
Tuesday: Watermelon Sour (Andy)
Wednesday: Poolside Punch (BIL)
Thursday: Blueberry Pie (Wife)
Friday: Kentucky Lemonade (SIL)

Blueberry Pie got 4 of 6 votes and won. Poolside Punch and Kentucky Lemonade were very good, rest were meh
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 10:29:54 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 10:33:16 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
I didn't want to say it.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 10:36:47 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
Who's making the drinks?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 10:36:52 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
I didn't want to say it.
That Flo is even more kinky than we all suspected.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 10:39:50 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
I didn't want to say it.
That Flo is even more kinky than we all suspected.
Whoever invented/named that game knew exactly what they were doing. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 10:49:48 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
I didn't want to say it.
That Flo is even more kinky than we all suspected.
Whoever invented/named that game knew exactly what they were doing. Sheesh.
For real. Lost in the first game, double elimination style, so next game is in 20. Drizzling outside made for some interesting board conditions.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 10:56:51 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Remember, this is Ohio, Bean.... :P
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 10:57:50 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Guess that one was a bit of a softball.
Yea, TWSS.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 11:00:02 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
And got out in time to miss the east coast storm.  You need to leave us your week's drink menu....and the winner.
Drink of The Day broke down like this:

Sunday: Patron Coconut Margarita (me)
Monday: Rasberry Gin Rickey (SIL)
Tuesday: Watermelon Sour (Andy)
Wednesday: Poolside Punch (BIL)
Thursday: Blueberry Pie (Wife)
Friday: Kentucky Lemonade (SIL)

Blueberry Pie got 4 of 6 votes and won. Poolside Punch and Kentucky Lemonade were very good, rest were meh
So you're saying the wife showed you up?
What was the Blueberry Pie recipe?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 11:00:39 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Guess that one was a bit of a softball.
Yea, TWSS.
I don't know, this cornhole game sounds pretty hardball.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 11:01:20 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
Who's making the drinks?
Leave it to their bartenders, but they'll have to break in a new one as the long standing one has recently retired.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 11:01:45 AM
Bean hit his 10K, congrats!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 11:16:10 AM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
You do remember what's supposed to happen when you and the wife go away together without the kids?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
Bean hit his 10K, congrats!
+1
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 11:36:54 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
not if you smoke acids....   8)
good morning boys!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 11:38:44 AM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Well, all cigars are made of tobacco, so we shouldn't waste our money on a Padron or Ashton, and just do a steady diet of Alec Bradley and 5 Vegas.  They taste like tobacco too, right?
You're asking a guy who smokes EPC 2nds like 6 times a week.
Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.
I'm not knocking them, I'm merely pointing it out. Smoke what you like!
Hahaha. Even Buesos?
Well, have to draw the line somewhere.
I thought the line was firmly drawn, at Gurkhas?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 11:42:06 AM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 12:01:17 PM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
You do remember what's supposed to happen when you and the wife go away together without the kids?
He's supposed to make the earth move for her.  No pressure.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 12:04:24 PM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
You do remember what's supposed to happen when you and the wife go away together without the kids?
He's supposed to make the earth move for her.  No pressure.
OK, rent this...
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 12:05:02 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 12:09:29 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
Guess that one was a bit of a softball.
Yea, TWSS.
I don't know, this cornhole game sounds pretty hardball.
Back when I was a kid, we just called it bean-bag...
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 12:09:36 PM
Brought lunch from home, a nice portion of Ratatouille(that my daughter made the other day),
and some Cilantro lime chicken.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 12:09:43 PM
Morning VacayHangoverFish.
Here's my next destination at the end of September:

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/
Miss it.  Used to to the last room to the left, top floor.
Guess that's motivation enough to make it three weeks!
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes.
Exactly, just me and the wife Thursday-Monday no kids, for my 50th. We never go anywhere without them...can't wait lol
You do remember what's supposed to happen when you and the wife go away together without the kids?
He's supposed to make the earth move for her.  No pressure.
He's supposed to hold her purse and hand her credit cards. Oh, and tell her it's absolutely okay to have the cheesecake.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
In Atlanta, they call all soda "coke", so you can hear some one ask for
"a ginger ale coke".
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 12:24:30 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
Not limited to the Midwest at all.  It's been present at tailgates throughout the country for quite some time.

Now if you want to talk real regional, how about Quoits.....
not unlike horseshoes except that it uses a ring made of metal.  Different region use different weights as well as different ID/OD of the ring.  A modern childrens version uses rope rings.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 12:44:01 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 12:49:13 PM
does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?

no
Welcome back, VacationIsOverFish.
Just a brief window before my next one  ;), morning boys
And got out in time to miss the east coast storm.  You need to leave us your week's drink menu....and the winner.
Drink of The Day broke down like this:

Sunday: Patron Coconut Margarita (me)
Monday: Rasberry Gin Rickey (SIL)
Tuesday: Watermelon Sour (Andy)
Wednesday: Poolside Punch (BIL)
Thursday: Blueberry Pie (Wife)
Friday: Kentucky Lemonade (SIL)

Blueberry Pie got 4 of 6 votes and won. Poolside Punch and Kentucky Lemonade were very good, rest were meh
So you're saying the wife showed you up?
What was the Blueberry Pie recipe?
Not exactly sure but Stoli Blueberry, Vanilla vodka, fresh blueberries and not sure what else but it was tasty and refreshing
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 12:50:32 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
Didn't you just have a baseball and wiener party?  You guys get any work done over the summer?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 12:54:08 PM
Just saw reference to the Alec Bradley Texas Lancero....
....the size of that sucker is 7 x 70!   :o  What part of Lancero don't they understand?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 12:55:49 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
Didn't you just have a baseball and wiener party?  You guys get any work done over the summer?
The baseball game was for the entire company (or at least, the portion of the company that's here). Today's events were just for our specific work division.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 12:56:33 PM
Just saw reference to the Alec Bradley Texas Lancero....
....the size of that sucker is 7 x 70!   :o  What part of Lancero don't they understand?
Apparently, both the length and RG parts.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 12:57:46 PM
[...]

The division, incidentally, that we always say we shouldn't be part of, based on what we actually do. But nobody complains today. :)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 01:00:18 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
In Atlanta, they call all soda "coke", so you can hear some one ask for
"a ginger ale coke".
Same during my childhood.  "Would you like a coke?"  "Sure".  "What kind.  We have Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Coke, and Orange".
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 01:01:42 PM
[...]

Oh, well that's different.  ::)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 01:04:43 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 01:05:56 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
(https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif)
(https://skreened.com/render-product/r/g/k/rgkvuxfojunucaxeekis/image.skreened-t-shirt.heathered-royal.w460h520b3z1.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 01:08:49 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Plus Esteemed status.  Wow, just wow!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 01:12:31 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Plus Esteemed status.  Wow, just wow!
Everything you've worked for, it's all starting to come together.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 01:13:23 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
(https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif)
(https://skreened.com/render-product/r/g/k/rgkvuxfojunucaxeekis/image.skreened-t-shirt.heathered-royal.w460h520b3z1.jpg)
(http://www.imfromdenver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Coke_Pop_Soda.png)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 01:13:28 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Plus Esteemed status.  Wow, just wow!
You have a steaming status, is the humidity that bad?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 01:19:27 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Plus Esteemed status.  Wow, just wow!
You have a steaming status, is the humidity that bad?
That's Rick with the steaming status, as in turd piles.  Afternoon, VitaFlip.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 01:30:04 PM
[...]

Even their graphic is wrong.  OK is on the Coke bandwagon from my upbringing and the little woman's so take their map and shove it.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 01:32:06 PM
[...]

Must be that #fakenews we keep hearing about. Afternoon, DaveMike.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 01:32:10 PM
Look at those shiny stars Bean!!  :D
Plus Esteemed status.  Wow, just wow!
You have a steaming status, is the humidity that bad?
That's Rick with the steaming status, as in turd piles.  Afternoon, VitaFlip.
Piles 'o dog shit Rick.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 01:33:48 PM
[...]

Afternoon CompanyPartyDave.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 29, 2017, 01:46:12 PM
Wife has a doctor apt this afternoon, so it's an early hazzuh! for me. Later, all.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 29, 2017, 01:50:11 PM
Wife has a doctor apt this afternoon, so it's an early hazzuh! for me. Later, all.
later Dave.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 02:03:47 PM
[...]

I can understand Florida, but WTF with Missouri and even more with Wisconsin?  How could those be Team Soda?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 02:04:37 PM
See you tomorrow Dave.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 02:27:19 PM
[...]

I've spent some time in Wisconsin, and it's pop country.  That map is BS.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 02:40:08 PM
Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

(http://main.themittenstate.netdna-cdn.com/img/Pop-Not-Soda-Shirt.jpg)
Wrong. It's called soda. Flavor it how you want, it starts with soda. If you put ice cream in it, it's an ice cream soda.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 02:51:05 PM
Holy shit balls, who broke the banter?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 02:59:11 PM
Holy shit balls, who broke the banter?
Nevermind. My refresh wasn't working and I couldn't see any posts in the last 3 hours. I see them fine now.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 03:51:55 PM
Holy shit balls, who broke the banter?
Nevermind. My refresh wasn't working and I couldn't see any posts in the last 3 hours. I see them fine now.
Yeah, well now YOU broke it. ;-)
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 29, 2017, 03:53:42 PM
[...]

maybe they didn't have a critical mass of soda jerks, in local drug stores to call it
soda pop.  they could have been drinking beer, and sarsaparilla,
till they saw a national TV campaign that called the stuff soda.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 04:15:27 PM
[...]

Who you callin' a soda jerk old man?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
[...]

A sweet water chemist?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 04:54:47 PM
Holy shit balls, who broke the banter?
Nevermind. My refresh wasn't working and I couldn't see any posts in the last 3 hours. I see them fine now.
Yeah, well now YOU broke it. ;-)
Sorry.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 04:57:49 PM
[...]

A old pop fart?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 05:09:17 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 29, 2017, 05:11:09 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?
Yes. Taking a class two nights a week until the end of the year to help me pass the Project Management certification.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 05:20:36 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?
Yes. Taking a class two nights a week until the end of the year to help me pass the Project Management certification.
Cool.  Onward and upward to bigger and better things.  PM Antnee.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 05:27:49 PM
Home with a Laranja and French Roast to fend off the chill....65 degrees, sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 05:29:24 PM
[...]

It was the Arabs that gave us the term, in medieval times. They used the word Suwwad for a salt-rich coastal plant (saltwort) that could be burned to produce what we call soda ash for soaps. In medieval Latin and Italian it became soda, which first appears in a French medical guide describing a bubbly liquid concoction in 1558.

Pop was added on in the late 19th century when bottled individual servings began to be available, as a pun - it was a prepared serving (as in a 'hit' or a 'slug' or...a 'pop') and the cork made a popping sound when it was pulled.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 05:32:53 PM
Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 05:37:15 PM
[...]

…for medicinal purposes only.  Actually could get Coca Cola syrup from your local pharmacist's.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Short stack on August 29, 2017, 05:48:33 PM
Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
//Saw some photos showing auditorium under water
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: sfish on August 29, 2017, 05:51:25 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
Hey Tony, thanks for the Eiroa you gave me when we got together, smoked it in OBX and loved it. Will look to buy some
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 05:56:41 PM
Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
Riffraff!  Sheesh!  The unwashed masses?  Kooties!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 05:57:27 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
Hey Tony, thanks for the Eiroa you gave me when we got together, smoked it in OBX and loved it. Will look to buy some
The now back at work scottfish!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 29, 2017, 06:07:34 PM
Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
I'm no fan of Osteen or his message, but the current storm of accusations are Internet bullshit.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 06:08:02 PM
Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
Hey Tony, thanks for the Eiroa you gave me when we got together, smoked it in OBX and loved it. Will look to buy some
Miss the smokes E&O used to roll.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 29, 2017, 06:27:38 PM
Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
Sounds like you have never been to one of those shelters with a thousand or more in it and been in touch with the reality of things.  What you see on tv is just that TV and not reality.

I have been in a few them and while I got no use for tv preachers I don't blame him one damn bit.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 29, 2017, 06:28:42 PM
CroMagnon Lancero and the first 2017 San Adams Octoberfest.  Both very good!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 29, 2017, 06:34:30 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 29, 2017, 07:14:10 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
Exactly, and there is a convention facility at the stadium that could easily handle another 30-40 thousand
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 07:20:36 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
…and a what about my cable and wi-fi?
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 29, 2017, 07:31:20 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
…and a what about my cable and wi-fi?
Free of course, including HBO and the sports channels
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 29, 2017, 08:02:33 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
…and a what about my cable and wi-fi?
Free of course, including HBO and the sports channels
My cell don't work in here!
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all have far left liberal governments with socialist mayors and public convention centers capable of holding well over 100,000 combined so put them in there.

Put 50,000 in NRG stadium it is for the most part paid for by the taxpayers.
And will get them far out of harms way with easy ingress of food and water.
…and a what about my cable and wi-fi?
Free of course, including HBO and the sports channels
Better be, football starts on Thursday.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 29, 2017, 09:24:39 PM
Evening men. Room 101 SA on this pleasant evening.  No wind at all, quite a change from preceding days.
Title: Re: 8/29/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 29, 2017, 09:45:48 PM
Evening men. Room 101 SA on this pleasant evening.  No wind at all, quite a change from preceding days.
Finally!