Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »

Department cookout today, which means it's time to head down for the cornhole tourney. Not quote a retirement day, but I'll take it. Back later.
Cornhole tourney?   :o
it's this game they play in the Midwest with plywood, and a cutout hole, and tossed beanbags.
not the stonewall tavern event.
We call that beanbag toss.  But they also call soda "pop" up there, so whatever.
Whatever you call it, we got 2 wins, then got beat. Not complaining though, cause after the rain passed, it started to get quite humid out there. Lol

Bean, this one is for you:

I can understand Florida, but WTF with Missouri and even more with Wisconsin?  How could those be Team Soda?
maybe they didn't have a critical mass of soda jerks, in local drug stores to call it
soda pop.  they could have been drinking beer, and sarsaparilla,
till they saw a national TV campaign that called the stuff soda.

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

[...]

Who you callin' a soda jerk old man?

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »

[...]

A sweet water chemist?

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

Holy shit balls, who broke the banter?
Nevermind. My refresh wasn't working and I couldn't see any posts in the last 3 hours. I see them fine now.
Yeah, well now YOU broke it. ;-)
Sorry.

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2017, 04:57:01 PM »

Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.

« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »

[...]

A old pop fart?

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »

Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?
Yes. Taking a class two nights a week until the end of the year to help me pass the Project Management certification.

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »

Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
For you?
Yes. Taking a class two nights a week until the end of the year to help me pass the Project Management certification.
Cool.  Onward and upward to bigger and better things.  PM Antnee.

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »

Home with a Laranja and French Roast to fend off the chill....65 degrees, sheesh.

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2017, 05:29:24 PM »

[...]

It was the Arabs that gave us the term, in medieval times. They used the word Suwwad for a salt-rich coastal plant (saltwort) that could be burned to produce what we call soda ash for soaps. In medieval Latin and Italian it became soda, which first appears in a French medical guide describing a bubbly liquid concoction in 1558.

Pop was added on in the late 19th century when bottled individual servings began to be available, as a pun - it was a prepared serving (as in a 'hit' or a 'slug' or...a 'pop') and the cork made a popping sound when it was pulled.

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »

Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.

« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »

[...]

…for medicinal purposes only.  Actually could get Coca Cola syrup from your local pharmacist's.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »

Looks like Joel Osteen doesn't want to get his megachurch dirty with all these flood refugees.  Don't want it to look bad for Sunday's telecasts I guess.
//Saw some photos showing auditorium under water

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »

Left a bit early today. 1st day of school.
Hey Tony, thanks for the Eiroa you gave me when we got together, smoked it in OBX and loved it. Will look to buy some
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10