Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 08:21:38 AM »

Today is Wednesday, March 27, the 86th day of 2019. There are 279 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On March 27, 1977, in aviation's worst disaster, 583 people were killed when a KLM Boeing 747, attempting to take off in heavy fog, crashed into a Pan Am 747 on an airport runway on the Canary Island of Tenerife (ten-uh-REEF').

On this date:
In 1513, Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon (hwahn pahns duh LEE'-ohn) sighted present-day Florida.
In 1625, Charles I acceded to the English throne upon the death of James I.
In 1933, Japan officially withdrew from the League of Nations.
In 1942, during World War II, Congress granted American servicemen free first-class mailing privileges.
In 1958, Nikita Khrushchev became Soviet premier in addition to First Secretary of the Communist Party.
In 1964, Alaska was hit by a magnitude 9.2 earthquake (the strongest on record in North America) and tsunamis that together claimed about 130 lives.
In 1968, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (gah-GAH'-rihn), the first man to orbit the Earth in 1961, died when his MiG-15 jet crashed during a routine training flight near Moscow; he was 34.
In 1975, construction began on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, which was completed two years later.
In 1980, 123 workers died when a North Sea floating oil field platform, the Alexander Kielland, capsized during a storm.
In 1995, "Forrest Gump" won six Academy Awards, including best picture and a second consecutive best actor Oscar for Tom Hanks; Jessica Lange won best actress for "Blue Sky."
In 2006, Al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE'-uhs moo-SOW'-ee) testified at his federal trial that he was supposed to hijack a fifth airplane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House.
Piss poor reporting job!

Today in 1948, Chuck Yeager flew Bell X-1 to the highest velocity and altitude of any piloted airplane up to that date. He reached Mach 1.45 and flew to an altitude of 71,900 feet.
Sorry, substituted the Russian space item for that.
Commie!

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »

[...]

Figures!

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »

Not exactly a day for off shore fishing here.  Gale warnings are up with 30-40 knot winds off shore and waves as high as 20 feet over the Gulf Stream.
Yea, better day for fish market or restaurant.

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »

Morning, ya humps.
Hey stranger, welcome back.
I'd like to say it's good to be back, but here we are.
I'd like to say GFY!
I was thinking it. Decided to let it slide.

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »

Having a Room 101 Ickybon connie....fine morning cigar for the money. Good creaminess.

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »

Time to do some packing, heading out to Boston in a couple of hours.
Still travellin...

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »

The Sis deal on Fratello is actually hard to believe, the price is ridiculous. That cigar is rated 90+ everywhere, I remembered seeing great reviews on them when released.
I thought it was OK, but I wouldn't seek it out. I may have included a Fratello in a previous NJherf care package.

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »

[...]

And still alive at 96 yrs old!
Must be the altitude.

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 08:31:14 AM »

Having a Room 101 Ickybon connie....fine morning cigar for the money. Good creaminess.
TWSS

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2019, 08:32:44 AM »

Morning, ya humps.
Hey stranger, welcome back.
I'd like to say it's good to be back, but here we are.
I'd like to say GFY!
I was thinking it. Decided to let it slide.
You're a gentleman and a scholar.

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »

The Sis deal on Fratello is actually hard to believe, the price is ridiculous. That cigar is rated 90+ everywhere, I remembered seeing great reviews on them when released.
I thought it was OK, but I wouldn't seek it out. I may have included a Fratello in a previous NJherf care package.
Have you smoked the Navetta line yet?

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »

The Sis deal on Fratello is actually hard to believe, the price is ridiculous. That cigar is rated 90+ everywhere, I remembered seeing great reviews on them when released.
I thought it was OK, but I wouldn't seek it out. I may have included a Fratello in a previous NJherf care package.
Have you smoked the Navetta line yet?
That's what I thought...douche

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »

The Sis deal on Fratello is actually hard to believe, the price is ridiculous. That cigar is rated 90+ everywhere, I remembered seeing great reviews on them when released.
I thought it was OK, but I wouldn't seek it out. I may have included a Fratello in a previous NJherf care package.
Have you smoked the Navetta line yet?
No. Is that the one with the 90+ rating?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7