Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2015, 08:49:39 PM »

All this talk has made me hungry.  Need to get showered before our 8 : pm reservation at Mim's.  Later.
Don't want to be late for din-din.  Or show up with BO.

« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

Mikey, can you tell us the story behind the pictures, especially the one with the ashtray?  Looks like an extinguisher was needed.
Ashton ashtray, Rocky Patel table and the featured smoke of the day represented by the Ashton ESG 24 year perfecto seegar band.  Ashton courtesy of Craig/TruDog.

Very cool.  I see the Ashton on the left but it looks like a crack pipe on the right.  Or a burned plastic tube.
WTF is that thing?
Partially burned cigar cellophane.
OK, I usually remove the cello before lighting but guess someone has taken cello on or off to a new level.
Burning the cellophane was part of the nightly ritual for the grand kids to gather round Graddad's big green glass ashtray.  The cellophane tube would fill with smoke which would pour out the open end.  When you're a little kiddo anything to do with fire and smoke is fascinating.  Just don't make cellophane like they used to.
Fun with fire is not limited to little kids I still appreciate it, never lit a cello but now I got to try it. :)
Don't let Mom catch you playing with fire.
I took matches into the bathroom when I was a kid and figured that the fart fan would help keep my cover.  I think I got a little overzealous with the hair spray and burned the toilet seat.  Mom made me pay her $30 for a new one even though she never replaced it.  Even 35 years later a toilet seat doesn't cost that much.  She fucking ripped me off!  Oh yeah, I got my ass beat too.
Scorch marks on the toilet seat, now that could make for some interesting stories.  Did you repeat that experiment in your home?
No sir.  I stopped lighting up aerosol cans years ago.
Evening men.  My little country elementary school used to burn it's trash, and the "older" kids rotated trash collecting duty in pairs.  My trash partner and I discovered an aerosol can in the trash from the office.  He was a mischevious bastige and said "let's leave it in the fire pit, see what happens".  Well, it exploded, showering burning debris in a 30 ft radius, setting the dry pine needles on fire.  The fire department had to be called to extinguish the approx. 1/2 acre brush fire which resulted.  Needless to say we stopped burning the trash.

« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2015, 08:59:30 PM »

[...]

I'm sure none it was your fault, right?

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2015, 08:59:52 PM »

[...]

Little Bastards!

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2015, 09:18:24 PM »

[...]

Of course not.  We plead ignorance about the can being in the trash.  But damn, sure was a sight!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]