CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 15, 2017, 12:00:36 AM

Title: 3/15/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on March 15, 2017, 12:00:36 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 12:03:15 AM
Beware the ides of March!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:19:19 AM
Et tu Tony?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:20:36 AM
I feel like Dean this morning...well except for the 70 degrees and mushroom swiss burger and getting laid parts....
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:29:06 AM
Alec Bradley day at the Sis, nice LHC Core offering for DoD, Laranja/Sobremesa/Nica Rustica on the Monster.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:30:54 AM
Today is Wednesday, March 15, the 74th day of 2017. There are 291 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On March 15, 1767, the seventh president of the United States, Andrew Jackson, was born in the Waxhaw settlement along the North Carolina-South Carolina border.

On this date:

In 44 B.C., Roman dictator Julius Caesar was assassinated by a group of nobles that included Brutus and Cassius.

In 1820, Maine became the 23rd state.

In 1917, Czar Nicholas II abdicated in favor of his brother, Grand Duke Mikhail Alexandrovich, who declined the crown, marking the end of imperial rule in Russia.

In 1922, Sultan Fuad I proclaimed himself the first king of modern Egypt.

In 1937, America's first hospital blood bank was opened at Cook County Hospital in Illinois.

In 1944, during World War II, Allied bombers again raided German-held Monte Cassino.

In 1956, the Lerner and Loewe musical play "My Fair Lady," based on Bernard Shaw's "Pygmalion," opened on Broadway.

In 1964, actress Elizabeth Taylor married actor Richard Burton in Montreal; it was her fifth marriage, his second. (They divorced in 1974, remarried in 1975, then divorced again in 1976.)

In 1977, the U.S. House of Representatives began a 90-day closed-circuit test to determine the feasibility of showing its sessions on television. The situation comedy "Three's Company," starring John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers, premiered on ABC-TV.

In 1985, the first internet domain name, symbolics.com, was registered by the Symbolics Computer Corp. of Massachusetts.

In 1999, an Amtrak train slammed into a steel-filled truck at a crossing in Bourbonnais, Illinois, killing 11 people.

In 2011, the Syrian civil war had its beginnings with Arab Spring protests across the region that turned into an armed insurgency and eventually became a full-blown conflict.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:31:34 AM
Ten years ago: Senate Republicans easily turned back Democratic legislation requiring a troop withdrawal from Iraq to begin within 120 days. Actress Angelina Jolie adopted a 3-year-old boy from an orphanage in Vietnam (Pax Thien was her fourth child with Brad Pitt). Former baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn (BOO'-ee kyoon) died in Jacksonville, Florida, at age 80.

Five years ago: Convicted former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (blah-GOY'-uh-vich) walked into a federal prison in Colorado, where the 55-year-old Democrat began serving a 14-year sentence for corruption. The American campaign in Afghanistan suffered a double blow as the Taliban broke off talks with the U.S., and President Hamid Karzai (HAH'-mihd KAHR'-zeye) said NATO should pull out of rural areas and speed up the transfer of security responsibilities to Afghan forces nationwide.

One year ago: Democrat Hillary Clinton triumphed in the Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Illinois and Missouri presidential primaries; Donald Trump strengthened his hand in the Republican race, winning in Florida, North Carolina, Illinois and Missouri, but falling in Ohio to that state's governor, John Kasich (KAY'-sihk), while Florida Sen. Marco Rubio ended his campaign after his home-state loss. In a major reversal, the Obama administration barred offshore drilling off the Atlantic Coast. Dallas Seavey won his third straight Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in a record time of 8 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes, 16 seconds. Sylvia Anderson, 88, co-creator of the cult classic science fiction TV puppet show "Thunderbirds," died in Bray, Berkshire, England.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2017, 06:31:42 AM
I feel like Dean this morning...well except for the 70 degrees and mushroom swiss burger and getting laid parts....

cold and miserable?
no water pressure again, thermostat not going higher than 68°. 45° and clear outside.
Oliva O torp and coffee. had to use bottled water to make coffee.
I didn't get laid either.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:32:06 AM
Today's Birthdays: Musician DJ Fontana is 86. Former astronaut Alan L. Bean is 85. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 84. Actor Judd Hirsch is 82. Jazz musician Charles Lloyd is 79. Rock musician Phil Lesh is 77. Singer Mike Love (The Beach Boys) is 76. Rock singer-musician Sly Stone is 74. Rock singer-musician Howard Scott (War; Lowrider Band) is 71. Rock singer Ry Cooder is 70. Actor Craig Wasson is 63. Rock singer Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) is 62. Actor Joaquim de Almeida is 60. Actress Park Overall is 60. Movie director Renny Harlin is 58. Model Fabio is 56. Singer Terence Trent D'Arby (AKA Sananda Maitreya) is 55. Rock singer Bret Michaels (Poison) is 54. Rhythm-and-blues singer Rockwell is 53. Actor Chris Bruno is 51. Rock singer Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray) is 49. Actress Kim Raver is 48. Rock musician Mark Hoppus is 45. Country singer-musician Matt Thomas (Parmalee) is 43. Actress Eva Longoria is 42. Rapper-musician will.i.am (Black Eyed Peas) is 42. Rock DJ Joseph Hahn (Linkin Park) is 40. Rapper Young Buck is 36. Actor Sean Biggerstaff is 34. Rock musician Ethan Mentzer is 34. Actor Kellan Lutz is 32. Actress Caitlin Wachs is 28.

Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:33:04 AM
Thought for Today: "The wisdom of man never yet contrived a system of taxation that would operate with perfect equality." - President Andrew Jackson (1767-1845).
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:34:12 AM
I feel like Dean this morning...well except for the 70 degrees and mushroom swiss burger and getting laid parts....

cold and miserable?
no water pressure again, thermostat not going higher than 68°. 45° and clear outside.
Oliva O torp and coffee. had to use bottled water to make coffee.
I didn't get laid either.
That's not good.  Good morning anyway Dean.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2017, 06:38:54 AM
I feel like Dean this morning...well except for the 70 degrees and mushroom swiss burger and getting laid parts....

cold and miserable?
no water pressure again, thermostat not going higher than 68°. 45° and clear outside.
Oliva O torp and coffee. had to use bottled water to make coffee.
I didn't get laid either.
That's not good.  Good morning anyway Dean.
landlord replaced kitchen faucet last night, water pressure never came up, solenoid I believe is shot.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 06:40:26 AM
Morning, humps. Much ado about nothing again with the snow. Crazy windy, though.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 06:46:14 AM
Morning, humps. Much ado about nothing again with the snow. Crazy windy, though.
I don't know about that.  Some heavy shit to move for sure.  What melting there was is frozen solid this morning, so should be an interesting drive this morning.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 06:56:31 AM
Morning, humps. Much ado about nothing again with the snow. Crazy windy, though.
I don't know about that.  Some heavy shit to move for sure.  What melting there was is frozen solid this morning, so should be an interesting drive this morning.
Well, I meant for us. Calling for more than a foot over the 2 days, we got maybe 2-3 inches. Obviously, YMMV.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 07:02:44 AM
Morning HardToImpressDave.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 07:13:57 AM
Morning Snow Diggers and What Next Dean
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 07:14:55 AM
Drank too much headache juice last night and I am hurting a bit.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 07:17:09 AM
Sheesh,  got to get it together and make a presentation at :8:30.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 07:35:20 AM
Good morning boys, limped in this morning after some heavy shoveling. This site is a mess when it snows
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 07:36:36 AM
Good morning boys, limped in this morning after some heavy shoveling. This site is a mess when it snows
Not great for the bicycles either.
Morning Fishy.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 07:37:31 AM
Drank too much headache juice last night and I am hurting a bit.
For one reason or another, seems we're all limping in this morning.
Good Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 07:53:00 AM
I feel like Dean this morning...well except for the 70 degrees and mushroom swiss burger and getting laid parts....
Ditto.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on March 15, 2017, 08:02:04 AM
G'Morning, SnowBlowers... Only winter here was the temp. It was 28 this morning.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 08:05:56 AM
G'Morning, SnowBlowers... Only winter here was the temp. It was 28 this morning.
Good for you. Like NJDave mentioned, what we got was heavy wet snow. As much as I tried to be careful, my back is aching this morning.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
19 here so any of that snow that has not been cleared, or any melting from yesterday is very solid!
Morning Steve.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 08:53:35 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 08:54:00 AM
Frosty morning lull?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 08:57:16 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:02:01 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
True, true.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 09:02:04 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
Screw that bullshit badger!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:04:27 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
Screw that bullshit badger!
My aching back agrees.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:05:43 AM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 09:10:48 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
Screw that bullshit badger!
Don't be giving Dean any ideas now.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:15:17 AM
Where the hell is that Punxsutawney Phil character.
He did predict more winter, didn't he?
True, true.
Yeah, it's that Staten Island Chuck that lied.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:16:12 AM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
Was he around?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:19:04 AM
Kids snacks and lunches are made and they just finished their breakfasts. I have a meeting with with a former coworker later this morning that I hope turns into an interview. Wish me luck.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2017, 09:28:00 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 09:40:49 AM
Morning men, conference call droning on.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:43:14 AM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
Was he around?
Nope.  Maybe today he'll show up with some leftover kimchi, squid ink pasta, Tikka Masala and cake... ???
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:44:05 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 09:48:23 AM
Kids snacks and lunches are made and they just finished their breakfasts. I have a meeting with with a former coworker later this morning that I hope turns into an interview. Wish me luck.
Go get 'em, Tiger!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 09:52:58 AM
Kids snacks and lunches are made and they just finished their breakfasts. I have a meeting with with a former coworker later this morning that I hope turns into an interview. Wish me luck.
Good luck with that Tony!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:54:41 AM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
Was he around?
Nope.  Maybe today he'll show up with some leftover kimchi, squid ink pasta, Tikka Masala and cake... ???
That sounds like a great meal. I'm in!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:55:34 AM
Kids snacks and lunches are made and they just finished their breakfasts. I have a meeting with with a former coworker later this morning that I hope turns into an interview. Wish me luck.
Go get 'em, Tiger!
Thanks. I'll accept all the good vibes I can get.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2017, 09:55:52 AM
Later, gents. Behave.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on March 15, 2017, 10:02:58 AM
Alec Bradley day at the Sis, nice LHC Core offering for DoD, Laranja/Sobremesa/Nica Rustica on the Monster.

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 52 - $28.98
Sobremesa Short Churchill 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 48 - $40.98

Hmm, I just don't know if I'm feeling the Halfwheel review that much for that price difference....
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on March 15, 2017, 10:03:25 AM
Later, gents. Behave.

Yeah, right. Good luck anyway.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 10:13:57 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on March 15, 2017, 10:23:45 AM
(http://www.cigarpage.com/skin/frontend/brandshopper/CigarPage/images/sidebar/CP-major-league-1.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 10:49:46 AM
Kids snacks and lunches are made and they just finished their breakfasts. I have a meeting with with a former coworker later this morning that I hope turns into an interview. Wish me luck.
Go get 'em, Tiger!
Thanks. I'll accept all the good vibes I can get.
Good Luck Mayor
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 10:52:42 AM
Alec Bradley day at the Sis, nice LHC Core offering for DoD, Laranja/Sobremesa/Nica Rustica on the Monster.

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 52 - $28.98
Sobremesa Short Churchill 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 48 - $40.98

Hmm, I just don't know if I'm feeling the Halfwheel review that much for that price difference....
Tried a short robusto Monday, good $5-6 smoke but much more than that there is lots of stronger
Competition

Catsrule works on them
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 11:29:27 AM
Alec Bradley day at the Sis, nice LHC Core offering for DoD, Laranja/Sobremesa/Nica Rustica on the Monster.

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 52 - $28.98
Sobremesa Short Churchill 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 48 - $40.98

Hmm, I just don't know if I'm feeling the Halfwheel review that much for that price difference....
Don't have to worry about it as they've been removed (although might return).
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 11:31:59 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:41:49 AM
Alec Bradley day at the Sis, nice LHC Core offering for DoD, Laranja/Sobremesa/Nica Rustica on the Monster.

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 52 - $28.98
Sobremesa Short Churchill 5 Pack 4 3/4 x 48 - $40.98

Hmm, I just don't know if I'm feeling the Halfwheel review that much for that price difference....
Don't have to worry about it as they've been removed (although might return).
Back up now

Buy enough to use the code and a decent offer on Nica Rusticas mashing
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 11:43:03 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on March 15, 2017, 11:44:00 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)

...2 balls in the dirt
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:44:15 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:44:52 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)

...2 balls in the dirt
:o

Morning BS
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 11:49:47 AM
Man, the cigar-buying world is boring lately
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:54:16 AM
Wow!  :o :o  The nutbags at MADD don't support the need for reducing the drunk driving limit below .08
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 11:55:02 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:55:03 AM
Man, the cigar-buying world is boring lately
Damn right it is!  And getting worse
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 11:56:23 AM
Man, the cigar-buying world is boring lately
Luckily for some of us, there is an interesting enough cigar hoarding world to fall back on.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 11:56:47 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Well, yes I was Kidding but I am bored to tears in this meeting.  On a more serious note do you have the lot yet?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 11:58:19 AM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 12:00:00 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Well, yes I was Kidding but I am bored to tears in this meeting.  On a more serious note do you have the lot yet?
We've owned the lot for over a year.  It has a couple of soil bore holes in it, but otherwise unchanged. Do enjoy paying to keep it mowed, though.   ::)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 12:00:07 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
Been too long since Travellin Dave had a Warden to help with decisions  ::)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 12:00:32 PM
Man, the cigar-buying world is boring lately
Luckily for some of us, there is an interesting enough cigar hoarding world to fall back on.
Very true, and I needed to slow down anyway but damn
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 12:00:47 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
The warden is running this show.  Any other stupid questions?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Well, yes I was Kidding but I am bored to tears in this meeting.  On a more serious note do you have the lot yet?
We've owned the lot for over a year.  It has a couple of soil bore holes in it, but otherwise unchanged. Do enjoy paying to keep it mowed, though.   ::)
Dean will keep it mowed for a box of cookies now and then
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
The warden is running this show.  Any other stupid questions?
I am still trying to explain to the warden how much 40' is!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 12:03:49 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Well, yes I was Kidding but I am bored to tears in this meeting.  On a more serious note do you have the lot yet?
We've owned the lot for over a year.  It has a couple of soil bore holes in it, but otherwise unchanged. Do enjoy paying to keep it mowed, though.   ::)
Dean will keep it mowed for a box of cookies now and then
Yeah, not sure I want to sign up for the Dean barter system.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 12:05:07 PM
On the brighter side of home building my son is meeting with the owner and a timber consultant next Monday at a farm of interest to us with river frontage.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 12:31:07 PM
On the brighter side of home building my son is meeting with the owner and a timber consultant next Monday at a farm of interest to us with river frontage.
Timber consultant meaning the guy who'll clear the lot or a timber-home builder?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 12:42:36 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
Been too long since Travellin Dave had a Warden to help with decisions  ::)
She didn't bother much, I made most of the decisions with the house build.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 12:44:16 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
Well, yes I was Kidding but I am bored to tears in this meeting.  On a more serious note do you have the lot yet?
We've owned the lot for over a year.  It has a couple of soil bore holes in it, but otherwise unchanged. Do enjoy paying to keep it mowed, though.   ::)
Dean will keep it mowed for a box of cookies now and then
But who's cookies?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 12:46:09 PM
On the brighter side of home building my son is meeting with the owner and a timber consultant next Monday at a farm of interest to us with river frontage.
Timber consultant meaning the guy who'll clear the lot or a timber-home builder?
Termite and carpenter ant mitigation.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 12:56:41 PM
River Frontage lull?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 01:04:23 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
The warden is running this show.  Any other stupid questions?
Seriously. My personal hell is kitchen countertops.

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 01:09:21 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 01:10:20 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Not really, but it was a nice thought. Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 01:43:16 PM
Drank too much headache juice last night and I am hurting a bit.
For one reason or another, seems we're all limping in this morning.
Good Morning CarolinaDave.
no, I started limping in this morning, but with the help of NJ Transit, I got to
work after 1pm.  Sat at the train station since 10:20 this morning, hoping to make the 10:42 train.
in it's infinite wisdom, NJ transit decided to go with its "President's Day" schedule. making the
next train 11:57AM (running 15 minutes late!).  There is still a lot of snow on the roads, so let's not
try to impress any new riders, let's piss them off instead.  Oh, and wait till almost 11am, before you
announce the schedule change.  hello boys.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 01:45:40 PM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
that's OK, he stayed home, watched TV in his robe, only got up to start the snowblower
for his 19 year old daughter.  he wasn't online outside of FB from his phone...
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 01:49:19 PM
We missed Flip's birthday yesterday.
Was he around?
Nope.  Maybe today he'll show up with some leftover kimchi, squid ink pasta, Tikka Masala and cake... ???
was snowed in, told daughter there was a 1lb can of crab meat in the fridge, so I had crab cakes with a
very garlicky aioli last evening and a pink lemonade cupcake.  bought a shrimp and Chinese vegetable soup on the walk to work from Penn Station, to defrost...
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
On the brighter side of home building my son is meeting with the owner and a timber consultant next Monday at a farm of interest to us with river frontage.
Timber consultant meaning the guy who'll clear the lot or a timber-home builder?
Termite and carpenter ant mitigation.
Ahhh, the dreaded WDIs
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 01:53:28 PM
carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
The warden is running this show.  Any other stupid questions?
I am still trying to explain to the warden how much 40' is!
Women have a problem judging distance, all there lives, different men have been telling them
that (holding finger and thumb about 4 inches away from each other) is 12 inches. ::)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 02:08:35 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Mr Flip
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
Drank too much headache juice last night and I am hurting a bit.
For one reason or another, seems we're all limping in this morning.
Good Morning CarolinaDave.
no, I started limping in this morning, but with the help of NJ Transit, I got to
work after 1pm.  Sat at the train station since 10:20 this morning, hoping to make the 10:42 train.
in it's infinite wisdom, NJ transit decided to go with its "President's Day" schedule. making the
next train 11:57AM (running 15 minutes late!).  There is still a lot of snow on the roads, so let's not
try to impress any new riders, let's piss them off instead.  Oh, and wait till almost 11am, before you
announce the schedule change.  hello boys.
I don't know how you guys do that. I would've gone postal long ago. Afternoon, flip.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 03:04:22 PM
[...]
So you're saying it's our fault?  You've been drinking the estrogen kool-aid for too long!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 03:16:19 PM
[...]
So you're saying it's our fault?  You've been drinking the kool-aid for too long!
As Homer Simpson once said, "Marge, it takes two to lie - one to lie and one to listen."
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 15, 2017, 03:17:10 PM
Big clock on the wall says that's just about enough fun for me. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 03:19:47 PM
Out into the frozen tundra, have a good one Dave.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 03:24:39 PM
Big clock on the wall says that's just about enough fun for me. Hazzuh!
take care, Oh Dave of the Golfing variety...  8)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 03:25:31 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Mr Flip
thank you sir....
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 03:29:11 PM
[...]
Speaking of drinking, and with March 17th fast approaching,
I purchased a bottle of "The Knot" Irish whiskey 100 proof liquore. sorta what Drambuie is to scotch.
I buy most of what gets drank(or is that drinked?) in my house.   8)
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 03:56:01 PM
[...]
It's "drunk," like you will be.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 03:59:34 PM
[...]
I buy most of what is gets drank(or is that drinked?) consumed in my house.   8)
It's "drunk," like you will be.
Fixed it.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 04:11:26 PM
[...]
I'll stick with a Redbreast myself, thanks.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 04:15:10 PM
[...]
Lagavulin is close enough to Irish for me
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 04:19:59 PM
[...]
Got my Ilusione 88 Candela all good to go as well.
As it's Friday, think it will be linguini in clam sauce (white) in place of corned beef and cabbage.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 04:24:40 PM
[...]
Corned Beef cut the Cabbage and a brown cigar for me
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 04:29:15 PM
[...]
for actual Irish whiskey I have both Jameson and Paddy.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2017, 04:31:01 PM
[...]
the New York Archdiocese, always gives dispensation from eating meat when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday during Lent.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 04:35:24 PM
[...]
Or even a pair of them.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 04:36:50 PM
[...]
Well, it was the Irish taught the Scots to make whiskey. Then the Scots found ways to make it expensive.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 04:39:22 PM
[...]
And much better.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 04:40:59 PM
[...]
Last five years or so have seen a major resurgence in Irish craft liquor.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 05:07:26 PM
[...]
Context. "Better" is often subject to the context. I love Scotch, but only if I have the bandwidth to focus on it. If I can't give it my full attention, I prefer a less complicated libation. But that's me.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 05:52:43 PM
[...]
As with many cigars, I agree completely.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 05:55:04 PM
[...]
It is not uncommon when gifting cigars to BOTLs, I will point out a couple specifically and say, don't smoke this unless you have time to give it full attention.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2017, 05:56:48 PM
Over the hump and settled in with one of Tony's raspberry thumbprint cookie cigars (Herrera Esteli) and a big mug of coffee.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
[...]
You do indeed, and appreciated.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 06:11:49 PM
Over the hump and settled in with one of Tony's raspberry thumbprint cookie cigars (Herrera Esteli) and a big mug of coffee.
Still humping away here.  Started with a La Palina classic, but it didn't entirely agree with me so wrapping up with a Ruination corona.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 15, 2017, 06:38:44 PM
Over the hump and settled in with one of Tony's raspberry thumbprint cookie cigars (Herrera Esteli) and a big mug of coffee.
Still humping away here.  Started with a La Palina classic, but it didn't entirely agree with me so wrapping up with a Ruination corona.
We overdid the humping here. Now there's emergency maintenance and guess who gets to babysit the machinery?

Fuk.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 06:55:13 PM
Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Where is Angelo's?
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 07:57:22 PM
Sitting by the pool with a Headley Grange. Third cigar today. My goodness!
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 08:07:47 PM
Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Where is Angelo's?
Ft Worth, I have been going there since the 60's and it was pretty old then.

Was a saloon with BBQ back when it started and had music and dancing.  Had sawdust floors until the 90's when the commie health department made them remove the sawdust.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2017, 08:25:12 PM
Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Where is Angelo's?
Ft Worth, I have been going there since the 60's and it was pretty old then.

Was a saloon with BBQ back when it started and had music and dancing.  Had sawdust floors until the 90's when the commie health department made them remove the sawdust.
Nothing beats an old school joint like that.
Title: Re: 3/15/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2017, 08:39:17 PM
Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Where is Angelo's?
Ft Worth, I have been going there since the 60's and it was pretty old then.

Was a saloon with BBQ back when it started and had music and dancing.  Had sawdust floors until the 90's when the commie health department made them remove the sawdust.
Nothing beats an old school joint like that.
Yes sir and it is so nice for a great place not to change over some 50 years.  Operated by the 3rd generation family now.