CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: 3/15/2017  (Read 7048 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 3/15/2017
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »

carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
Hope you have good kneepads.
Might have to invite one of the ladies over, they're fully equipped.
Surprised it too this long....hung that one right over the plate... ;)
It's a slow hump day....
Morning Bean, house foundation poured yet?
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
The warden is running this show.  Any other stupid questions?
I am still trying to explain to the warden how much 40' is!
Women have a problem judging distance, all there lives, different men have been telling them
that (holding finger and thumb about 4 inches away from each other) is 12 inches. ::)
So you're saying it's our fault?  You've been drinking the kool-aid for too long!
Speaking of drinking, and with March 17th fast approaching,
I purchased a bottle of "The Knot" Irish whiskey 100 proof liquore. sorta what Drambuie is to scotch.
I buy most of what gets drank(or is that drinked?) in my house.   8)
I'll stick with a Redbreast myself, thanks.
Lagavulin is close enough to Irish for me
Well, it was the Irish taught the Scots to make whiskey. Then the Scots found ways to make it expensive.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »

carpet out of the bathroom, and floor cleaned. just got to put down the tile adhesive and wait for it to get tacky and I'll be pealing and sicking by noon.
It's a slow hump day....
Hahaha, you have to be f'kn kidding.  The design is being revised.  Plan version #19 underway.  FML.
I can understand changing your mind on what color of shiplap, lighting and bathroom fixtures, but you can't even settle on the basic structure yet?
Women have a problem judging distance, all there lives, different men have been telling them
that (holding finger and thumb about 4 inches away from each other) is 12 inches. ::)
So you're saying it's our fault?  You've been drinking the kool-aid for too long!
I purchased a bottle of "The Knot" Irish whiskey 100 proof liquore. sorta what Drambuie is to scotch.
Well, it was the Irish taught the Scots to make whiskey. Then the Scots found ways to make it expensive.
And much better.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »

It's a slow hump day....
And much better.
Last five years or so have seen a major resurgence in Irish craft liquor.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »

It's a slow hump day....
And much better.
Context. "Better" is often subject to the context. I love Scotch, but only if I have the bandwidth to focus on it. If I can't give it my full attention, I prefer a less complicated libation. But that's me.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »

It's a slow hump day....
And much better.
Context. "Better" is often subject to the context. I love Scotch, but only if I have the bandwidth to focus on it. If I can't give it my full attention, I prefer a less complicated libation. But that's me.
As with many cigars, I agree completely.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

It's a slow hump day....
And much better.
It is not uncommon when gifting cigars to BOTLs, I will point out a couple specifically and say, don't smoke this unless you have time to give it full attention.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »

Over the hump and settled in with one of Tony's raspberry thumbprint cookie cigars (Herrera Esteli) and a big mug of coffee.

Threebean

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2017, 06:10:56 PM »

It's a slow hump day....
And much better.
It is not uncommon when gifting cigars to BOTLs, I will point out a couple specifically and say, don't smoke this unless you have time to give it full attention.
You do indeed, and appreciated. 

Threebean

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2017, 06:11:49 PM »

Over the hump and settled in with one of Tony's raspberry thumbprint cookie cigars (Herrera Esteli) and a big mug of coffee.
Still humping away here.  Started with a La Palina classic, but it didn't entirely agree with me so wrapping up with a Ruination corona. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »

Still humping away here.  Started with a La Palina classic, but it didn't entirely agree with me so wrapping up with a Ruination corona.
We overdid the humping here. Now there's emergency maintenance and guess who gets to babysit the machinery?

Fuk.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »

Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ

Threebean

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »

Enjoying a wonderful smoked salami on rye and a schooner of Shiner at one of my favorite BBQ places in TX.  Also my fathers favorite sandwich and eating place..  Angelo's BBQ
Where is Angelo's? 

Threebean

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2017, 07:57:22 PM »

Sitting by the pool with a Headley Grange. Third cigar today. My goodness!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »

Where is Angelo's?
Ft Worth, I have been going there since the 60's and it was pretty old then.

Was a saloon with BBQ back when it started and had music and dancing.  Had sawdust floors until the 90's when the commie health department made them remove the sawdust.

Threebean

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »

Where is Angelo's?
Ft Worth, I have been going there since the 60's and it was pretty old then.

Was a saloon with BBQ back when it started and had music and dancing.  Had sawdust floors until the 90's when the commie health department made them remove the sawdust.
Nothing beats an old school joint like that. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9