CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: 9/16/2016  (Read 17978 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/16/2016
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »

Where's Ogie... almost time for his cigar review of the day. Bet he's got another new release to tell us about.
Some broadleaf out of La Zona.  Not new but new to me. Solid cigar but won't keep any on hand.  Good enough to keep me interested in other MoyaRuiz lines.
so how was golf Ogie?
playing a benefit tourney Monday through a lady friend that works at a local radio station in promotions.
There was a tournament so I had to hit the range. At least I got to demo some irons. Good luck to you. That a scramble?
yep, 4 man scramble, $125 per man, paid for by the radio station.
Love those. I haven't played in years but back in the day my short game was really good. Scrambles were perfect because my horrible drive wouldn't count and then we'd play the best ball.
we have a young guy, well 30's who's a scratch golfer and hits a loooong ball off the tee. my chipping and putting is where I'm excelling now. we hope to be looking at 14 under. that's our target.
Sweet. Do you normally smoke while golfing?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2016, 08:58:54 PM »

Where's Ogie... almost time for his cigar review of the day. Bet he's got another new release to tell us about.
Some broadleaf out of La Zona.  Not new but new to me. Solid cigar but won't keep any on hand.  Good enough to keep me interested in other MoyaRuiz lines.
so how was golf Ogie?
playing a benefit tourney Monday through a lady friend that works at a local radio station in promotions.
There was a tournament so I had to hit the range. At least I got to demo some irons. Good luck to you. That a scramble?
yep, 4 man scramble, $125 per man, paid for by the radio station.
Love those. I haven't played in years but back in the day my short game was really good. Scrambles were perfect because my horrible drive wouldn't count and then we'd play the best ball.
we have a young guy, well 30's who's a scratch golfer and hits a loooong ball off the tee. my chipping and putting is where I'm excelling now. we hope to be looking at 14 under. that's our target.
Sweet. Do you normally smoke while golfing?
absolutely.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »

Barry Lee BAUMANBAUMAN, Barry Lee Passed away unexpectedly at his home, RR 1, Elmira, at the age of 47 years. Barry was the dear husband of Marianne Miller and loving father of Hilary and Simon. Beloved son of Aden and Joanne Bauman. Brother of Michael. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time. For further information, please see Saturday's edition of the Record, or contact Dreisinger Funeral Home, Elmira, at 519-669-2207. www.dreisingerfuneralhome.com

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2016, 09:15:09 PM »

As to the beloved husband, he divorced her shortly after I met him at the 2011 CigarFest.

Threebean

« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:30 PM »

As to the beloved husband, he divorced her shortly after I met him at the 2011 CigarFest.
Yes, I do recall that detail.   Still gotta ask WTF happened, though perhaps it's just none of our business. 

Threebean

« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »

BTW, thanks for posting this, Mike. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2016, 09:42:23 PM »

Yes, I do recall that detail.   Still gotta ask WTF happened, though perhaps it's just none of our business.
she wanted nothing to do with working on an old rundown farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. also, she gave up her parental rights of the kids to Barry, didn't want to be a mother.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »

Barry Lee BAUMANBAUMAN, Barry Lee Passed away unexpectedly at his home, RR 1, Elmira, at the age of 47 years. Barry was the dear husband of Marianne Miller and loving father of Hilary and Simon. Beloved son of Aden and Joanne Bauman. Brother of Michael. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time. For further information, please see Saturday's edition of the Record, or contact Dreisinger Funeral Home, Elmira, at 519-669-2207. www.dreisingerfuneralhome.com

and faithful dog, Clark.

Threebean

« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »

and faithful dog, Clark.
Have to wonder about a dog named Clark. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »

It's strange as hell and I still don't wanna believe it's true.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2016, 10:11:17 PM »

I know what you mean Tony. keep expecting him to post.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2016, 10:12:57 PM »

and faithful dog, Clark.
you gotta wonder about Barry. if I remember correctly the dog was a stray and the kids named him.

Threebean

« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »

and faithful dog, Clark.
you gotta wonder about Barry. if I remember correctly the dog was a stray and the kids named him.
Clark Griswold comes to mind.  It's possible. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2016, 11:55:20 PM »

and faithful dog, Clark.
Goes well with the cat named Lewis.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »

I still haven't heard anything from other friends.  Seemed to be doing well, was more formally involved in a number of cigar lines, seemed happy if not excited for those ventures.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]