Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/21/2016
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »

I'm going to go and make some brownies and play with the tv..  bbl (maybe)

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2016, 03:35:41 PM »

Hi all....  Just lurking a little.
Hello Lurking Dad
Howdy TR....  I'm wore out.  Monday was doctors appointments.  Wednesday the TV was delivered (more new technology to learn, ugh...!)  Today, we spent all morning at the hospital so my wife could get a heart scan, Doppler or something like that.  And I just finished up the lunch dishes.  Friday is babysitting.  So now I'm going to try and figure out how to turn on this new tv and hopefully watch a movie.  On a good note, I do have a 5 pack of Room 101's that are to arrive today.
new HD TV, you need to watch a Blu-ray disk, over an hdmi cable.  I hate those folks who buy a high scan multiple lines of resolution TV, and want to know why the yellow cable from their VCR doesn't attach anywhere.  8)
I have the Blu-ray player, and Hdmi cables, but I don't own a Blu-ray movie yet.  My Dish service is old and only supports the red, white, and yellow cables, so you can imagine how that looks at 60".....  My outside antenna picks up 1080p which looks great, and Netflix looks pretty good too.  But so far I don't think I've seen any 4k yet.  My Blu-ray is supposed to upgrade to 4k, so I still need to check that out too and see what happens.
depending on your tastes, suggested Blu-rays: Blade Runner, Avatar, try BestBuy.com, they have a shitload of Blurays for 4.99 and 5.99 let the wife pick out about half of them

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »

[...]
Blu ray should also upgrade DVD to 1080p

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »

62 degrees and mostly sunny think I will go home and smoke a seagar with some elixir to sip.

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »

Astronomical question for the day....
If we can take pictures of distant galaxies and nebulae, now identify planets in other solar systems, how is it we are now just discovering Planet 9 in our own solar system...and only by theory with no pictures?  Guess we have our telescopes focused too far out, no wonder we keep missing these asteroids that keep sneaking in....not to mention the invading alien spacecraft....
I think you answered your own question - because it's by theory. It's a big ass sky up there, lots of area to cover.

The orbital period for Planet Nine would be approximately 10-20 thousand years, and it's a long way out. The difficulty is locating it against the star field.  The reason they came up with the hypothesis is that something out there is causing some objects in the Kuiper Belt to have identically peculiar orbits. A planet would do it, so now they're looking for a planet.

Morning, muchachos.
From the orbital drawings I've seen, it visits inside the orbits of the rest of the solar system.  That should be fun!
Funny, they used to call those "comets"
Not when they're ten times the size of earth.

« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »

Hi all....  Just lurking a little.
Hello Lurking Dad
Howdy TR....  I'm wore out.  Monday was doctors appointments.  Wednesday the TV was delivered (more new technology to learn, ugh...!)  Today, we spent all morning at the hospital so my wife could get a heart scan, Doppler or something like that.  And I just finished up the lunch dishes.  Friday is babysitting.  So now I'm going to try and figure out how to turn on this new tv and hopefully watch a movie.  On a good note, I do have a 5 pack of Room 101's that are to arrive today.
Why didn't you have the delivery guys go over that before they left?

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »

[...]
That's one of the great things about 4K....there are no common signal delivered in 4K and almost no media content available.

« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »

I'm going to go and make some brownies and play with the tv..  bbl (maybe)
Toaster oven brownies.....yum!

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2016, 03:54:07 PM »

62 degrees and mostly sunny think I will go home and smoke a seagar with some elixir to sip.
Think I may join you in that decision....although I'll have to settle for 32 degrees.

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2016, 04:19:37 PM »

Stopped for some beer on the way home, got a 6-pack of the Beer Camp Tropical IPA and some Wake n Bake. Needed supplies for the weekend snow

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »

62 degrees and mostly sunny think I will go home and smoke a seagar with some elixir to sip.
Think I may join you in that decision....although I'll have to settle for 32 degrees.
Well it looked nice out my office window but I got home to find out the wind is gusting to 40 mph so not so nice.

« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »

Stopped for some beer on the way home, got a 6-pack of the Beer Camp Tropical IPA and some Wake n Bake. Needed supplies for the weekend snow
Nothing but blue stars do I see...

« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

Stopped for some beer on the way home, got a 6-pack of the Beer Camp Tropical IPA and some Wake n Bake. Needed supplies for the weekend snow
Need whiskey too!

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »

Stopped for some beer on the way home, got a 6-pack of the Beer Camp Tropical IPA and some Wake n Bake. Needed supplies for the weekend snow
Nothing but blue stars do I see...
Well I am putting on the Weather Channel and see what the Experts say.

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »

Stopped for some beer on the way home, got a 6-pack of the Beer Camp Tropical IPA and some Wake n Bake. Needed supplies for the weekend snow
Nothing but blue stars do I see...
Well I am putting on the Weather Channel and see what the Experts say.
Looks like it is wet
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16