« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »

7-11 hot dog for lunch.
How many hours has it been "marinating"?  Did you get a taquito with that?
No taquito today just a hot dog and chips.

Rotating not marinating!

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »

Astronomical question for the day....
If we can take pictures of distant galaxies and nebulae, now identify planets in other solar systems, how is it we are now just discovering Planet 9 in our own solar system...and only by theory with no pictures?  Guess we have our telescopes focused too far out, no wonder we keep missing these asteroids that keep sneaking in....not to mention the invading alien spacecraft....
I think you answered your own question - because it's by theory. It's a big ass sky up there, lots of area to cover.

The orbital period for Planet Nine would be approximately 10-20 thousand years, and it's a long way out. The difficulty is locating it against the star field.  The reason they came up with the hypothesis is that something out there is causing some objects in the Kuiper Belt to have identically peculiar orbits. A planet would do it, so now they're looking for a planet.

Morning, muchachos.
From the orbital drawings I've seen, it visits inside the orbits of the rest of the solar system.  That should be fun!

« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »

7-11 hot dog for lunch.
How many hours has it been "marinating"?  Did you get a taquito with that?
No taquito today just a hot dog and chips.

Rotating not marinating!
You can have both.  Just ask Dean.

« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2016, 01:26:13 PM »

7-11 hot dog for lunch.
How many hours has it been "marinating"?  Did you get a taquito with that?
No taquito today just a hot dog and chips.

Rotating not marinating!
You can have both.  Just ask Dean.
Just be careful with the groin.

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2016, 01:30:34 PM »

7-11 hot dog for lunch.
How many hours has it been "marinating"?  Did you get a taquito with that?
No taquito today just a hot dog and chips.

Rotating not marinating!
You can have both.  Just ask Dean.
Just be careful with the groin.
Maybe that explains her hurt leg from running into a "tree"

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »

7-11 hot dog for lunch.
How many hours has it been "marinating"?  Did you get a taquito with that?
No taquito today just a hot dog and chips.

Rotating not marinating!
You can have both.  Just ask Dean.
Just be careful with the groin.
Maybe that explains her hurt leg from running into a "tree"
Bam!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/21/2016
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »

[...]

From the orbital drawings I've seen, it visits inside the orbits of the rest of the solar system.  That should be fun!
Funny, they used to call those "comets"

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »

I forgot to spread the good news today!

DOW   + 181
S&P     +  17
Oil       $29.94   (+ $1.59)

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:17 PM »

I forgot to spread the good news today!

DOW   + 181
S&P     +  17
Oil       $29.94   (+ $1.59)

Gas will probably be up 20 cents on the news. Lol

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2016, 01:58:52 PM »

I forgot to spread the good news today!

DOW   + 181
S&P     +  17
Oil       $29.94   (+ $1.59)

Wow, almost $30 a barrel!  Woo hoo!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/21/2016
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »

Hi all....  Just lurking a little.

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »

Hi all....  Just lurking a little.
Hello Lurking Dad

« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »

I forgot to spread the good news today!

DOW   + 181
S&P     +  17
Oil       $29.94   (+ $1.59)

Wow, almost $30 a barrel!  Woo hoo!
Eagle Ford is one of the 5 major oil fields in TX and this sort of shows the magnitude of the cheap oil:

The number of active oil and gas drilling rigs in the Eagle Ford Shale has shrunk from 259 at the boom's peak in 2012 to 68 today, according to oil field services firm Baker Hughes.

« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

Tobacco Jesus is My Homeboy - T-shirt available at Cigar Federation.
http://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/shirts/products/tobacco-jesus?variant=791202785

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:39 PM »

I forgot to spread the good news today!

DOW   + 181
S&P     +  17
Oil       $29.94   (+ $1.59)

Wow, almost $30 a barrel!  Woo hoo!
Eagle Ford is one of the 5 major oil fields in TX and this sort of shows the magnitude of the cheap oil:

The number of active oil and gas drilling rigs in the Eagle Ford Shale has shrunk from 259 at the boom's peak in 2012 to 68 today, according to oil field services firm Baker Hughes.
Sheesh!