Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Good Almost Afternoon Dad
Hello TR...  I see your bantering up the place this morning.  :)

« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Hey Dad and everyone else I missed - just leaving for lunch with the warden post job interview(hers) so she can fill me in.  Usually it's me doing the filling, this should be interesting....SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”
Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D
I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.
Interesting, RoMa Craft cigars is fairly small batch, actually HQ in Austin!  I particularly like their Intemperance and Aquitaine lines.  Available at Atlantic, but you have to be able to jaunt over to their place and try them out.

Paul Garmirian has been around quite a while and has a lot of nice offerings.  Many are on the pricy side unfortunately.  La Paulina fairly new but most of their releases have received high praise.  Available in many places if you look for them.
RoMa Craft cigars was formed in 2012 and combines the efforts and assets of two companies into one. These companies, Galveston Bay Tobacco, LLC, and Costa Rican Imports, LLC, are owned by Michael Rosales and Skip Martin. Rosales and Martin are familiar names in the industry and collaborated on several projects before cementing their business relationship. In 2011, the two tobacco mavens set up a manufacturing facility in Esteli, Nicaragua, named Fabrica de Tobacco Nica Sueño. The first blend to come out of the facility, the CroMagnon, was a boutique blend that made multiple top lists the year of its release. Since CroMagnon, the company has put together two more blends, the Intemperance and the Aquitanie.

The company sells direct-to-consumer through its online shop, Hava Cigar, which was initially a brick and mortar lounge located in Galveston, Texas.
Maybe it is their cigar business that is HQ in Austin.  I thought the Galveston store was wiped out by one of the recent hurricanes and it was about that time that they started in the manufacturing business.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/
I can't figure out what their game is and they have a crappy website.   That shop was torn up in the hurricane and also Galveston outlawed smoking in public places including cigar shops (that was the only one in town) and it was destined to death anyway. I think they must just use that name and ship out of a warehouse somewhere (perhaps Austin) or something.   I can't find any presence for them in Austin other than they have Austin as one of three locations on their website.  Next time I am in Galveston I will see if there is such a place.
This shows up on their retail locations page as their HQ:
RoMa Craft Tobac World Headquarters
12343 Hymeadow Dr #2H
Austin, TX 78750
That is an office comlex over by Westwood High School

« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Afternoon BD, did you see the French Maid signal in the sky?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Hey Dad and everyone else I missed - just leaving for lunch with the warden post job interview(hers) so she can fill me in.  Usually it's me doing the filling, this should be interesting....SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
I'm not sure, but I think I'm supposed to say, "good luck," here...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Afternoon BD, did you see the French Maid signal in the sky?
I normally don't really laugh out loud, but I did on that one...  It's nice to get a laugh and a smile every once in awhile.  Actually, I was trying to talk my wife into wearing her Santa outfit up to the (old style) barber shop that I go to.  But she said she couldn't because Christmas is already over. She tried to explain about, "you can't wear white shoes after labor day..?" Go figure...?

« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Says you?
Hey Tony, you have one of these: RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI - The Envy
Randomly add quote to any thread, why be specific... let's not make it easy to follow along!  damn little fish.
Hey, he only has 3900 posts, go easy on him, he's still trying to figure this thing out.
You better slow down and be careful or you are going to turn into snowmen very quick.
Time then for my mid-day posting hiatus and actually do some work.

« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2015, 12:33:31 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Afternoon BD, did you see the French Maid signal in the sky?
Nailed it.

« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Afternoon BD, did you see the French Maid signal in the sky?
I normally don't really laugh out loud, but I did on that one...  It's nice to get a laugh and a smile every once in awhile.  Actually, I was trying to talk my wife into wearing her Santa outfit up to the (old style) barber shop that I go to.  But she said she couldn't because Christmas is already over. She tried to explain about, "you can't wear white shoes after labor day..?" Go figure...?
Yeah, probably too late for the Santa outfit. I'm sure you have something else in stock that would fit the bill  ;)

« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »

13 La Aurora 1495 Series Robusto (5.0 x 50)
         10/29.99
12 Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project Toro (6.0 x 50)
         10/32.50
11 Oliva Serie "V" Torpedo (6.0 x 56)
          5/29.50
10 Diesel Hair of the Dog Toro (6.0 x 50)
        10/34.99
 9 Sam Leccia Luchador El Hombre (Robusto)  (5.0 x 54)
          5/27.50
 8 EP Carrillo New Wave Robusto (5.0 x 50)
         10/29.99
 7 AVO Robusto (5.0"x50)
          5/25.00
 6 H. Upmann Media Noche Robusto (5.0"x54)
         10/37.50
 5 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito (Toro)
          5/25.00
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto (5.0"x52)
         10/29.59
 3 Tatuaje Tattoo
          5/19.99
 2 Man O' War
         10/34.99
 1 Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited
          5/24.50

« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »

Leftover frito chili pie for lunch here.  Also my first work trip for the year already got cancelled, no tears here.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Afternoon BD, did you see the French Maid signal in the sky?
I normally don't really laugh out loud, but I did on that one...  It's nice to get a laugh and a smile every once in awhile.  Actually, I was trying to talk my wife into wearing her Santa outfit up to the (old style) barber shop that I go to.  But she said she couldn't because Christmas is already over. She tried to explain about, "you can't wear white shoes after labor day..?" Go figure...?
Yeah, probably too late for the Santa outfit. I'm sure you have something else in stock that would fit the bill  ;)
When all else fails, there's always the Daisy Duke outfit.

« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »

[...]
Why start with the bad practices so early in the new year?  Didn't you make any proper resolutions?

« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Hey Dad and everyone else I missed - just leaving for lunch with the warden post job interview(hers) so she can fill me in.  Usually it's me doing the filling, this should be interesting....SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
Yea, yea.....OK, who's going to call bullshit first?

« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"