CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: 1/4/2017  (Read 27729 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/4/2017
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:35 AM »

cigar #2 - Short Story. much better morning smoke than the EPC 2nd.
What do you typically smoke while golfing?
today I have a AF 858 maduro toro, a LAdC robusto, and a Perdomo 10th Champagne toro.
Nice selection. I haven't golfed in over a decade but I tended towards toros and churchills.
I've never been a fan of churchills, they don't hold up well for me. would rather enjoy a few smaller cigars.
I always kind of liked them except they seem to invariably have burn multiple issues so I don't smoke them much anymore.
I used to like churchills quite a bit, now smaller cigars are more in fashion due to time constraints. I find that life has made me less patient and smoking a churchill just takes too long. Golf course is a good place for one though
Funny, only two things that help my old age patience are smoking cigars and fishing.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »

today I have a AF 858 maduro toro, a LAdC robusto, and a Perdomo 10th Champagne toro.
Nice selection. I haven't golfed in over a decade but I tended towards toros and churchills.
I've never been a fan of churchills, they don't hold up well for me. would rather enjoy a few smaller cigars.
I always kind of liked them except they seem to invariably have burn multiple issues so I don't smoke them much anymore.
Burn issues, prone to draw issues.  And it often seems like I'm just trying to get through the first third, which is a waste.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »

the group I golf with usually get through the course in 3 hours and it gives time for two smokes. now though with all the snowbrats here it'll probably be 4+ hours unless we skip a hole or two because nobody lets anyone play through.
fucking old people are the worse.
For sure!
Yeah, those fuk'n old farts are such a pain in the ass.........

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2017, 08:56:02 AM »

the group I golf with usually get through the course in 3 hours and it gives time for two smokes. now though with all the snowbrats here it'll probably be 4+ hours unless we skip a hole or two because nobody lets anyone play through.
fucking old people are the worse.
For sure!
plus the fact that all the courses now double their rates this time of year. I'm lucky. the course I play on Wednesdays has a Winter Card Special. $50 includes 1st round and cart. $20 after 1 o'clock and $15 after 2pm with cart for 18 holes. otherwise it's $65 to play without the card. guess when it gets busy.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »

fucking old people are is the worse best.
Fixed it for you
:) thanks Scott. I can always count on you to keep me straight.
So Fishy is a fluffer?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »

I used to like churchills quite a bit, now smaller cigars are more in fashion due to time constraints. I find that life has made me less patient and smoking a churchill just takes too long. Golf course is a good place for one though
Funny, only two things that help my old age patience are smoking cigars and fishing.
well come on and get retired in SC so I can plan a road trip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »

fucking old people are is the worse best most convenient.
Fixed it for you
So Fishy is a fluffer?
Now I think it is correct.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »

Fixed it for you
LALTS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2017, 09:02:35 AM »

Fixed it for you
So Fishy is a fluffer?
That's how I read it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2017, 09:03:24 AM »

CAO Cigars, a couple of Torano Selections and Hygiene Bags along with other miscellaneous junk at the Page.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2017, 09:05:07 AM »

Fixed it for you
So Fishy is a fluffer?
Ask Nate.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »

CAO Cigars, a couple of Torano Selections and Hygiene Bags along with other miscellaneous junk at the Page.
La Traviatas (especially the maddies) are a good deal. I bought them the last time they were on and wasn't disappointed. I like the Steel Horse too but I think you can get them for cheaper. I also prefer a smaller vitola on those.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »

clubs cleaned and loaded, cooler with water, humidor loaded. I'm ready except I have no idea when our tee time is.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »

La Traviatas (especially the maddies) are a good deal. I bought them the last time they were on and wasn't disappointed. I like the Steel Horse too but I think you can get them for cheaper. I also prefer a smaller vitola on those.
Agreed on the LTs.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

clubs cleaned and loaded, cooler with water, humidor loaded. I'm ready except I have no idea when our tee time is.
Minor details.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27