Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »

@NJDave: The Black Belt Buckle was not from me, always interested in those but never purchased. May have to pick up a 5-er now though
Must have been Sir Tony then.  Definitely worth exploring with a fiver.
Tony said it wasn't him last night, the mystery continues...and at your age we may never figure it out  ;D
Hmmm....agreed, at my age, not much hope for any breakthroughs.  Bottom line, a very nice, somewhat subdued smoke.

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 07:37:56 AM »

Interesting, no Texas and no Florida.

Here is the complete list of the top 10 inbound states of 2016, according to the United Van Lines’ 40th Annual National Movers Study:

1.South Dakota
2.Vermont
3.Oregon
4.Idaho
5.South Carolina
6.Washington
7.District of Columbia
8.North Carolina
9.Nevada
10.Arizona

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »

Interesting, no Texas and no Florida.

Here is the complete list of the top 10 inbound states of 2016, according to the United Van Lines’ 40th Annual National Movers Study:

1.South Dakota
2.Vermont
3.Oregon
4.Idaho
5.South Carolina
6.Washington
7.District of Columbia
8.North Carolina
9.Nevada
10.Arizona
I'm most surprised by Vermont. Based on how small it is, where do they put everyone?

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 07:41:07 AM »

Good morning boys, I still don't know what day it is
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 4, the fourth day of 2017. There are 361 days left in the year.
Hahaha

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »

Interesting, no Texas and no Florida.

Here is the complete list of the top 10 inbound states of 2016, according to the United Van Lines’ 40th Annual National Movers Study:

1.South Dakota
2.Vermont
3.Oregon
4.Idaho
5.South Carolina
6.Washington
7.District of Columbia
8.North Carolina
9.Nevada
10.Arizona
I'm most surprised by Vermont. Based on how small it is, where do they put everyone?
Small but mostly unoccupied so more room than it might seem like, funny thing a strange bird that worked with my wife some years back retired early and moved up there.

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 07:44:52 AM »

Interesting, no Texas and no Florida.

Here is the complete list of the top 10 inbound states of 2016, according to the United Van Lines’ 40th Annual National Movers Study:

1.South Dakota
2.Vermont
3.Oregon
4.Idaho
5.South Carolina
6.Washington
7.District of Columbia
8.North Carolina
9.Nevada
10.Arizona
I'm most surprised by Vermont. Based on how small it is, where do they put everyone?
Small but mostly unoccupied so more room than it might seem like, funny thing a strange bird that worked with my wife some years back retired early and moved up there.
Yeah, brief interweb search shows it's 45th in size, but middle of the road in population density. Interesting stuff. Though, SD sounds nice. Only 11 people per sq mile.

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »

NATIONAL SPAGHETTI DAY

Pick your sauce!  National Spaghetti Day on January 4 recognizes that long thing cylindrical pasta of Italian and Sicilian origin.  Usually made from semolina flour, this pasta has been a worldwide favorite for ages and loved by millions.

There are a variety of different pasta dishes that are based on spaghetti from spaghetti ala Carbonara or garlic and oil to spaghetti with tomato sauce, meat sauce, bolognese, Alfredo sauce, clam sauce or other sauces.  Spaghetti dishes are traditionally served topped with grated hard cheeses such as Pecorino Romano, Parmesan and Grana Padano.

The word spaghetti is plural for the Italian word spaghetto, which is a diminutive of spago, meaning “thin  string” or “twine”.
American restaurants offered Spaghetti around the end of the 19th century as Spaghetti Italienne (which is believed to have consisted of noodles cooked past al dente and a mild tomato sauce flavored with easily found spices and vegetables such as cloves, bay leaves and garlic). Decades later, oregano and basil were added to many recipes.

There is significant debate on the origin of spaghetti. However, we do know that pasta has been consumed for many many years.  There are records in the Jerusalem Talmud of itrium, a kind of boiled dough, commonly available in Palestine from the 3rd to 5th centuries AD.  A 9th-century Arab dictionary describes itriyyaas, string-like shapes made of semolina and dried before cooking. In an 1154 writing for the Norman King of Sicily, itriyya is mentioned being manufactured and exported from Norman Sicily.  Dried pasta became popular in the 14th and 15th centuries due to its easy storage.  People were able to store the dried pasta in ships when exploring the New World.  A century later, pasta was present around the globe during the voyages of discovery. (Wikipedia)

In March of 2009 the world record for the largest bowl of spaghetti was set and then reset in March of 2010 when a Garden Grove California Buca di Beppo restaurant successfully filled a swimming pool with more than 13,780 pounds of pasta.
Damn, we celebrated a day early. Had spaghetti last night. Oh, well, just have to do it again tonight.

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2017, 07:50:34 AM »

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »

@NJDave: The Black Belt Buckle was not from me, always interested in those but never purchased. May have to pick up a 5-er now though
Must have been Sir Tony then.  Definitely worth exploring with a fiver.
Tony said it wasn't him last night, the mystery continues...and at your age we may never figure it out  ;D
Hmmm....agreed, at my age, not much hope for any breakthroughs.  Bottom line, a very nice, somewhat subdued smoke.

Never even heard of them until you posted.

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2017, 07:52:14 AM »

Morning, humps.
Morning, Golf.
I hope, for your sake, that you went back to sleep. Lol
+1
Nah. Gonna sit here and apply for a promotion at work. Yet again. Fifth time.

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »

Good morning, men.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Is it even morning yet, near you? Howdy anyway.

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »

Good morning, men.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Is it even morning yet, near you? Howdy anyway.
Well, if by morning you mean visible sunlight, then no. That's still a couple hours away.

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »

@NJDave: The Black Belt Buckle was not from me, always interested in those but never purchased. May have to pick up a 5-er now though
Must have been Sir Tony then.  Definitely worth exploring with a fiver.
Tony said it wasn't him last night, the mystery continues...and at your age we may never figure it out  ;D
Hmmm....agreed, at my age, not much hope for any breakthroughs.  Bottom line, a very nice, somewhat subdued smoke.

Never even heard of them until you posted.
Famous exclusive, Four Kicks Maduro

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 07:56:17 AM »

Interesting, no Texas and no Florida.

Here is the complete list of the top 10 inbound states of 2016, according to the United Van Lines’ 40th Annual National Movers Study:

1.South Dakota
2.Vermont
3.Oregon
4.Idaho
5.South Carolina
6.Washington
7.District of Columbia
8.North Carolina
9.Nevada
10.Arizona
What was the methodology?  Percent of overall population for each state?  Sure as hell wasn't actual numbers.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27