Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016  (Read 8088 times)

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Morning Mayor

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

I had to catch another nap, woke up way too early this morning.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

What's everybody's Christmas Eve Tradition Plans today?  I know Tony is hiding an old woman and seems like Travellin Dave hosts the family Christmas Eve dinner (Pork Roll I Assume :)). Let me guess what Dean's tradition is ::)

Since moving to Austin we go to Pappasitto's Cantino in the late afternoon for Hot Tameles and fajitas or grilled fish.   Today we will have Chicken Tamales followed by Redfish on the Half Shell with some bacon wrapped grilled shrimp.  And of course a few margarita's!
Traditions have changed quite a bit over the years. We'll be hosting tonight and having a mishmash of Italian and Cuban cuisine.

I'm making the appetizers (crab dip, bacon wrapped dates, etc.) as well as shrimp and mussels to represent some of the 7 fishes for the main course.

My MiL will be bringing over the pernil and a bunch of Cuban sides.

My brother and his family will be bringing the lasagna.

My wife's cousins will be bringing desserts.

Then on Christmas we'll be a little more intimate and wind up eating leftovers.
Now that is a real feast!

Our traditions changed quite a bit after both our parents died as we both have pretty small families and they are both all spread out.
no traditions here for me anymore. I like it that way. just come and go as I pleased.

[...]

Not a bad plan at all

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Weekend Spotlight

Torano Noventa
...boxes of 25 as low as $49.99
…Save up to 83%
...FREE SHIPPING

[...]

lady spending the night at my place tonight. we'll do our presents and breakfast there tomorrow and back to her house in the afternoon for her 2 daughters and 2 grandsons, then to Bronson the 26th for her son and DIL.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Weekend Spotlight

Torano Noventa
...boxes of 25 as low as $49.99
…Save up to 83%
...FREE SHIPPING
always had burn problems with those.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

heading home to do a bit of cleaning. bbl.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Wrapping myself a few Christmas Gifts and check out this LaNox Box.  Lid is held on by magnets embedded in the wood.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Sheesh!

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Time for a Christmas Eve Smoke, old Punch found in the humi fired up.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Time for a Christmas Eve Smoke, old Punch found in the humi fired up.
Such a classic cigar I added a shot of Boubon to the event. ;)

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

75 degrees with some sunshine, :)

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Wrapping myself a few Christmas Gifts and check out this LaNox Box.  Lid is held on by magnets embedded in the wood.
Pretty cool. Glad to see you're treating yourself well. I bought a 5TB drive for myself to consolidate my digital photos and other important files. I'm a geek.

Re: Happy Hanukkah! - 12/24/2016

Ok, back to preparing.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6