CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: 12/13/2016  (Read 12960 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 12/13/2016
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »

Rick Perry as Energy Secretary...this just keeps getting funnier and funnier.
SNL had a funny bit where Walter White was the head of the DEA
Not too far fetched.
It will be very interesting as this is the approach he has taken with every cabinet position.   I can't tell if he's serious or just seeing how far he can push things and have the sheep in congress go along.
Yeah, appointing qualified generals and industry professionals that might know WTF they are doing is totally absurd, after all we have really done well with life-long political assholes like Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, Loretta Lynch and Jey Johnson among many others.
No argument with the life-long political assholes,
But doesn't Rick Perry fit into that category?
Betsy DeVos...billionaire by marriage?
Ben Carson?  (neurosurgeon doesn't mean he's not nuts)
So you would rather have an inept former mayor of San Antonio running something than a nice, calm and very intelligent person who will at least try and do the right things.

And just because you have amassed a fortune by marriage outside of government you are not as qualified as Hillary Clinton?

Yes, I question Rick Perry but can't have everything.
First question....neither
Second question simply no.

Weird, I can't find anywhere in the constitution where anybody has to be qualified for anything.  Even the president just has to be born a citizen and be 35.  Having a pulse is, seemingly, optional. 

Morning, muchachos.
And we've done a fine job of meeting those minimalist qualifications for some time now.
Yeah, about 230 years, near as I can tell.  We even managed to survive the occasional incidence of having some talent running things.  Fortunately that hasn't happened too often. 

As for the Secretary of Education, I'm personally in favor of blowing the whole public education system to pieces and starting over without the "assistance" of the NEA.  DeVos can't possibly make the situation worse, no matter how incompetent she might be.  Energy?  Well, I'm holding positions in a number of oil companies.

I guess that means I've hit the Trifecta - I'm a member of the Gun Lobby, the Oil Lobby and the Christian Right.
Don't forget, if Jim O'Neill is named to the FDA, forget all this cigar regulation crap.    Trifecta and a bonus!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »

Lunch Lull?
Have a new Panera and Five Guys in walking distance.  Wanted to go check them out while it's still pleasant enough to walk there.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »

Lunch Lull?
Have a new Panera and Five Guys in walking distance.  Wanted to go check them out while it's still pleasant enough to walk there.
5 Guys not too bad but way overpriced.  Take a friend to share an order of fries with.

Panera Sux except they have good bagels.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2016, 01:13:13 PM »

Not too far fetched.
It will be very interesting as this is the approach he has taken with every cabinet position.   I can't tell if he's serious or just seeing how far he can push things and have the sheep in congress go along.
Yeah, appointing qualified generals and industry professionals that might know WTF they are doing is totally absurd, after all we have really done well with life-long political assholes like Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, Loretta Lynch and Jey Johnson among many others.
So you would rather have an inept former mayor of San Antonio running something than a nice, calm and very intelligent person who will at least try and do the right things.

And just because you have amassed a fortune by marriage outside of government you are not as qualified as Hillary Clinton?

Weird, I can't find anywhere in the constitution where anybody has to be qualified for anything.  Even the president just has to be born a citizen and be 35.  Having a pulse is, seemingly, optional. 

Morning, muchachos.
And we've done a fine job of meeting those minimalist qualifications for some time now.
Yeah, about 230 years, near as I can tell.  We even managed to survive the occasional incidence of having some talent running things.  Fortunately that hasn't happened too often. 

As for the Secretary of Education, I'm personally in favor of blowing the whole public education system to pieces and starting over without the "assistance" of the NEA.  DeVos can't possibly make the situation worse, no matter how incompetent she might be.  Energy?  Well, I'm holding positions in a number of oil companies.

I guess that means I've hit the Trifecta - I'm a member of the Gun Lobby, the Oil Lobby and the Christian Right.
Don't forget, if Jim O'Neill is named to the FDA, forget all this cigar regulation crap.    Trifecta and a bonus!
Damn! You're right, I'm a member of the tobacco lobby, too! I'm a gold-plated Deplorable.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »

Not too far fetched.

Morning, muchachos.

Damn! You're right, I'm a member of the tobacco lobby, too! I'm a gold-plated deplorable.
I am a cigar prepper so not worried about tobacco or bogus lobbies.

I do believe though that the "final rules" implemented through the rule making process require some congressional work to undo but there is the
Bush-O'gunner method and just tell the agencies to turn their heads and ignore them.

Nadendla_rjk

« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »

This should put everyone in the Christmas Shopping Spirit. 

Santa Baby - Victoria's Secret 2016 Christmas Commercial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=b5A36JAUdb0

On this holy Christmas, I want to wish my Neighbours with Wy SSID name. Isn't it good? I want to make the Funny Wifi names and then, change the SSID name According to the Situation and Response. ! https://www.alltechhope.com/funny-wifi-names-clever/

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »

Looks like Ole Charlie had a mighty good lawyer setting him up to win at Texas no matter what happened on the field.

Texas officials will pay Charlie Strong millions to lead South Florida

Longhorns will get only a $1 million discount off the total bill owed to Strong as part of his guaranteed contract

Before leaving Texas, Charlie Strong said the cake was baked. He’s going to make sure the Longhorns pay at least $9.4 million for all the ingredients.

Strong signed a five-year contract at his new school South Florida worth $9.8 million, according to the Tampa Bay Times. The majority of the money is backloaded. The first two years are worth just $1 million annually.

Strong made some questionable game-day decisions the last three seasons at Texas, but he definitely knew how to read his contract.

At UT, Strong had two years left on his five-year deal. According to the terms, UT had a 50 percent offset clause in his deal should Strong find work elsewhere.

The university was guaranteed to pay Strong at least $5.2 million each of the next two years, which would be the 2017 and 2018 football seasons. Since his salary at USF is just $1 million the next two years, Texas officials take $500,000 off their annual total and must still pay Strong the balance — $4.7 million annually.

USF gets coach with Power 5 experience, a lifetime of recruiting experience in Florida and Texas pays most of the freight, too? Any athletic director would take that deal immediately.

Strong’s salary jumps to $2.5 million annually at USF in the coach’s third year. He can receive performance bonuses that were in line with his predecessor Willie Taggart’s contract.

sfish

« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »

Anyone ever try the 601 Brass Monkey, Famous exclusive?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »

Not I

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »

Can't say that I have, nor have any pressing desire to.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »

Tony must be taking an afternoon nap and left the site door open.....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »

Time to be heading out, BBL.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

Yikes, DOW up 134....starting to make me a little nervous.

sfish

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2016, 02:15:37 PM »

Snob

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »

Snob
Yeah, he does not like 601's, must not sell them at Atlantic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11