CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 11/18/2016  (Read 17080 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/18/2016
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:11 AM »

Now if Mr. Bean is still looking for a "cover" cigar to replace the AKA's, these Relic's aren't bad at all.

Threebean

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2016, 09:59:28 AM »

Now if Mr. Bean is still looking for a "cover" cigar to replace the AKA's, these Relic's aren't bad at all.
Did Fish hit that deal?  That's my benchmark.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »

Has anyone seen Cuban cigars for sale? I saw some vintage cubans in Burn, Rocky Patel's place in Naples. They are now showing up at Cigar.com also, lots of Vintage H. Upmanns circa 1950 for like $300EA
No, but I haven't been looking.  Didn't think they had been cleared for retail sale yet.
Guess there is a loophole if they are brought in by an individual and resold....who knows.
CarolinaDave and I could fill a whole quality retirementTupperdore for $300, sheesh.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »

Another CI discount email... code:BLACK for extra 15% off on cigars.

*"Some restrictions apply"

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »

Now we REALLY need this jam to pay off something good!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »

Agreed, very nice stick here. TNWSS

sfish

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »

Has anyone seen Cuban cigars for sale? I saw some vintage cubans in Burn, Rocky Patel's place in Naples. They are now showing up at Cigar.com also, lots of Vintage H. Upmanns circa 1950 for like $300EA
No, but I haven't been looking.  Didn't think they had been cleared for retail sale yet.
Guess there is a loophole if they are brought in by an individual and resold....who knows.
CarolinaDave and I could fill a whole quality retirementTupperdore for $300, sheesh.
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/90876/h-upmann-c-1950s/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »

Not that we don't already know this, but a good guideline from StogieGuys:
(helps to formalize the Cheapy Cheapo strategy)

Stogie Tips: Five (More) Ways to Save

With the economy still sputtering, many cigar lovers continue to find themselves strapped for cash. We’ve provided quite a few suggestions for savings in the past and continue to look for ways to assist readers. Here’s the latest installment that we hope will help you reduce expenditures and increase the enjoyment odds:

1. Buy parejos. This is the typical cigar shape: straight sides, rounded head with a cap or pigtail, and an open foot. It’s the easiest shape to roll, so it’s the least costly. Figurados such as torpedos, perfectos, and other irregularly shaped sticks require greater skill to roll properly. So you’ll either pay more for a well-done figurado or risk a poorly rolled cigar.

2. Ignore novelty. When you’re trying to save money and buy good cigars, you need to steel yourself against the latest fad (those double-wrapper cigars look interesting!) or creation (Should I try that new anniversary stick or the latest blend?). They may be terrific cigars, but you’re taking a risk, and shepherding resources is all about reducing risk.

3. Don’t buy bundles blindly. No-name bundle sticks can be a bargain. But, let’s face it, odds are they’ll be mediocre at best. When you’re smoking, do you want your mind focused on a pleasant experience or busy trying to convince yourself that this cigar you can barely tolerate is OK because it didn’t cost much? Personally, I wouldn’t buy more than five sticks of any cigar I hadn’t previously smoked and liked.

4. Just say no. Make sure you have a good cutter, punch, and/or V-cutter. If you have a lighter, use it. That’s all you need. If your lighter breaks, don’t go looking for a new ST Dupont or Bugatti. Wooden matches will do just fine. If you really want a butane torch, get a sub-$3 Ronson. And don’t even think about things like golf course cigar holders or three-finger ostrich skin cases.

5. Reputation means a lot. One great trend lately has been top-flight manufacturers—Pepin, Fuente, Newman, Perdomo, and others—bringing lower-priced cigars to market. These companies have access to excellent tobacco, good rollers, and top blenders; they put their names on the line with every cigar. And they’re on the shelves at most tobacconists, so you can easily try them out one at a time. No, these low-end cigars aren’t as rich, smooth, or complex as high-dollar cigars, but smoking them will, once again, increase the odds you’ll be pleased.

–George E

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2016, 10:06:43 AM »

Coupon Code Restrictions
Due to manufacturer restrictions, the following brands and products do not contribute to the qualifying total and are ineligible for this promotion. Additionally, this promotion is not valid on Gift Cards, Make Me An Offer items, and event tickets. Not valid on previous orders. Limit one coupon code per order. Offer valid for a limited time only.

In addition: percentage discount does not apply to Joe’s Daily Deal, and or email specials/weekly deals. Any of the aforementioned special deals will be used to calculate your total order value only. The percentage discount will then be applied to the qualifying amount remaining. For example (20% Discount); Joe Cigar Deal $20.00, box of cigars $80.00 = total order value of $100.00. Discount will be applied to qualifying amount ($80.00) representing a total discount of $16.00 applied to your order.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

Gurkha Seduction up....where's Flip?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »

Coupon Code Restrictions
Due to manufacturer restrictions, the following brands and products do not contribute to the qualifying total and are ineligible for this promotion. Additionally, this promotion is not valid on Gift Cards, Make Me An Offer items, and event tickets. Not valid on previous orders. Limit one coupon code per order. Offer valid for a limited time only.

In addition: percentage discount does not apply to Joe’s Daily Deal, and or email specials/weekly deals. Any of the aforementioned special deals will be used to calculate your total order value only. The percentage discount will then be applied to the qualifying amount remaining. For example (20% Discount); Joe Cigar Deal $20.00, box of cigars $80.00 = total order value of $100.00. Discount will be applied to qualifying amount ($80.00) representing a total discount of $16.00 applied to your order.
That pretty much voids any purchases we'd want to make.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »

Coupon Code Restrictions

Have you tried applying it? I tried, just to see if it would work, and it added a bunch of discounts, that amounted to more than 15%. No idea what's going on here, but all the stuff in my cart are jam items.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/90876/h-upmann-c-1950s/
And at the bottom of the page....other great deals:
5 Vegas Gold
Hoyo Excaliber
H. Upmann 1844 Reserve
Erin Go Bragh

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »

Coupon Code Restrictions

Have you tried applying it? I tried, just to see if it would work, and it added a bunch of discounts, that amounted to more than 15%. No idea what's going on here, but all the stuff in my cart are jam items.

Haven't found a magic combination yet... Old Oliva V's deal from the jam are a no-go for me. That's about the only Jam item I have any interest in so far.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »

Coupon Code Restrictions

Here's what I'm talking about:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13