CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: 10/17/2016  (Read 22365 times)

Threebean

Re: 10/17/2016
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2016, 10:11:53 PM »

Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
Way too late on that one.
No argument here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »

Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
But how will we notice? Is it too early to start our Tuesday shenanigans?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2016, 10:12:48 PM »

Think I'll be settling for a Headley Grange instead.
Came within inches of choosing one of those, but didn't think there was quite enough time. But the warden just poked her head in and said dinner would be a little late. I could have managed it. Oh, well.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2016, 10:13:57 PM »

Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »

Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Indeed.  Nice one, Steve.
Thanks, Mark. It reminded me of the origin of our fellowship.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Breaks your heart, Raz.  And you knew SteveO so much better than me.
I dunno, maybe. Coupla gun guys are gonna talk. I never got to meet him face to face. But he joined my FB gun group and he became one of its pillars. Just a sweet guy.

At least I've got a couple of holsters he gave me to remember him by.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2016, 10:17:07 PM »

Indeed.  Nice one, Steve.
Thanks, Mark. It reminded me of the origin of our fellowship.
The origin of all our friendships.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2016, 10:19:09 PM »

Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »

I dunno, maybe. Coupla gun guys are gonna talk. I never got to meet him face to face. But he joined my FB gun group and he became one of its pillars. Just a sweet guy.

Think it would be good for a few words from the good book Raz?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2016, 10:22:06 PM »

Who'da thunk, huh?
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.

Threebean

« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »

RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault! 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »

RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2016, 10:26:50 PM »

Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »

Think it would be good for a few words from the good book Raz?
Absolutely...

Here's some for Steve: "The king of Israel answered him, 'He who puts on armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'" (I Kings 20:11)

And for Chip...
"Comfort, comfort for my people..." (Isaiah 40:1)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Got called to dinner. Back shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18