tcarblu

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:57 PM »

Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »

Evening men. Nothing on fire here yet, have some chores on the computer to do for one my charitable cause "side jobs", but will hopefully join in with a smoke before the evening is out.

« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:24 PM »

Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen
+1.

« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »

Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen
Amen and amen.

« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2016, 08:06:38 PM »

Did Deano make it?
He said this afternoon he was attending both sessions

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »

Did Deano make it?
He said this afternoon he was attending both sessions
Probably wrapping up a side job himself.

« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2016, 08:35:55 PM »

Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.

« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2016, 08:39:04 PM »

Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Good night, ya old far....I mean, Dave.

« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »

Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Have a good night, Dave. Remember, tomorrow's Tuesday.

« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »

Cool that we dragged blu out. Wonder if we'll get any interesting visitors to part 2?

« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »

« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2016, 08:56:16 PM »

« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »

Well, traffic was light and I got home by 6:17pm, dinner is at 7pm, so I've got time for a short cigar. Sancho Panza double maduro, with Can Club on the rocks. Evening, muchachos.

« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »

Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for having been there for me this past year.  I know I haven't posted in awhile because of first my mom and then my wife, but I wanted to let you guys know that when things were bad I knew I could come here to get away from what was going on and was comforted. I also got hit with Steve's death this afternoon, Steve was also a very good friend and he and my wife's timeline this last two months were so similar in that they both started having problems at the same time, they both went home and back to the hospital at the same time and they both died at the same time.
I wil always be greatful for the friendships I gained on here and I know I will still be coming back here this next week to try and help me cope with the loss of my wife and my best friend.  The last 2 months have been very hard and it may be months before I can begin to cope with this.
Please keep my family and I and my wife's twin in your prayers.
Please everyone hug your wife or girlfriend today and tell them you love them, don't take it for granted they will be here tomorrow and lose your chance.
Thank you guys.
Chip
Dear Chip, I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's afflictions and death, as well as those of Steve O.  Elva and Steve have been in my prayers as well as your and his family.
This Scripure verse read at many funerals, I find insightful and consoling at times like this when losing a dearly loved one. God bless, Sly.
Wisdom 3
3:1 But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them.
3:2 In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery:
3:3 And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace.
3:4 And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality.
3:5 Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God hath tried them, and found them worthy of himself.
3:6 As gold in the furnace, he hath proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust, he hath received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them.
3:7 The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds.
3:8 They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever.
3:9 They that trust in him shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love, shall rest in him: for grace and peace are to his elect.