CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: 9/21/2016  (Read 18964 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 9/21/2016
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »

Oh my, look what I missed while I was vacationing! 

Business Interactions: Does Gender Matter? 
Sponsored by: Diversity Management Committee’s (DMC) Women’s Forum

From the way we talk and listen to the content of our emails, there are differences in the way women and men communicate. This presentation will explore the differences and myths about gender communication norms and provide strategies – for men and women – to embrace their individuality while being aware of the business environment.

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
The seminar will be broadcasted via webinar
And why aren't you on this Committee?  You represent a distinct and underrepresented minority population, older white males with conservative viewpoints.

Because older white male conservatives are deplorable.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »

@ CarolinaDave.....you can plan on coordinating your next visit to SC to attend one (or all) of these lectures....

The first lab meeting tackles the topic of cultural narrative and the body. Participants will be asked to rethink their concept of the physical bodies and, subsequently, their identities. Facilitators will also explore the impact of society and media on these conceptions. Tentative topics to be covered in future sessions include intersectionality and solidarity and diversity and inclusion in the information age.

Although the seeds of these labs were sown in College of Education graduate programs, the labs are open to all Clemson University undergraduate and graduate students who want to participate and become part of the process.

“These labs might change the way participants view the world and those around them,” Phelps-Ward said. “If that happens they won’t just apply these lessons to their careers, but to their lives.”

The College of Education Diversity Curriculum and Pedagogy Lab will be held in Tillman Hall, room 218. Space is limited, and registration is required for the lab. To register, visit http://robinphelpsward.wixsite.com/dcpl. Descriptions, dates and times for the labs are listed below:

Stories of the Flesh: Cultural Narrative and the Body – 7-9 p.m,. Wednesday, Oct. 5
More Complicated and More Connected: Examining Discourses of Identity and Social Justice – 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26
Filter Bubbles and Echo Chambers: Diversity and Inclusion in the Information Age – 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »

From the way we talk and listen to the content of our emails, there are differences in the way women and men communicate. This presentation will explore the differences and myths about gender communication norms and provide strategies – for men and women – to embrace their individuality while being aware of the business environment.

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
And why aren't you on this Committee?  You represent a distinct and underrepresented minority population, older white males with conservative viewpoints.

Indeed, and with age, I've come to appreciate and embrace my position in life.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2016, 03:35:15 PM »

So as to not overdo it on day 2 back I think I will go home an hour early today to smell the paint.  BBL

Threebean

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
Bent over?

Threebean

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »

@ CarolinaDave.....you can plan on coordinating your next visit to SC to attend one (or all) of these lectures....

The first lab meeting tackles the topic of cultural narrative and the body. Participants will be asked to rethink their concept of the physical bodies and, subsequently, their identities. Facilitators will also explore the impact of society and media on these conceptions. Tentative topics to be covered in future sessions include intersectionality and solidarity and diversity and inclusion in the information age.

Although the seeds of these labs were sown in College of Education graduate programs, the labs are open to all Clemson University undergraduate and graduate students who want to participate and become part of the process.

“These labs might change the way participants view the world and those around them,” Phelps-Ward said. “If that happens they won’t just apply these lessons to their careers, but to their lives.”

The College of Education Diversity Curriculum and Pedagogy Lab will be held in Tillman Hall, room 218. Space is limited, and registration is required for the lab. To register, visit http://robinphelpsward.wixsite.com/dcpl. Descriptions, dates and times for the labs are listed below:

Stories of the Flesh: Cultural Narrative and the Body – 7-9 p.m,. Wednesday, Oct. 5
More Complicated and More Connected: Examining Discourses of Identity and Social Justice – 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26
Filter Bubbles and Echo Chambers: Diversity and Inclusion in the Information Age – 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30
muthafooker, a generation soaking up this BS and we're doomed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2016, 04:04:21 PM »

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
Bent over?
Again and again.... :-[

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2016, 04:06:31 PM »

Good afternoon, folks. New to me cigar today. Gifted to me by Charlie. El Primer Mundo Epifania toro.

Only just lit it but just meh so far. Nice draw and burn though.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
Bent over?
Again and again.... :-[
To be white, male, and remotely affluent in the US is to be a prostitute in reverse.  They keep fuking us and making us pay for the privilege.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »

Good afternoon, folks. New to me cigar today. Gifted to me by Charlie. El Primer Mundo Epifania toro.

So, not much of a first-world epiphany, then?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:31 PM »

Pretty classic Ecuadorian Habano flavors. I'm getting a bunch of leather and some soap flavors (reminiscent of when I would get my mouth washed out with soap as a kid).

Edit: Ash fell off at about an inch and a quarter.

Threebean

« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »

Pretty classic Ecuadorian Habano flavors. I'm getting a bunch of leather and some soap flavors (reminiscent of when I would get my mouth washed out with soap as a kid).

At least your cuticles are OK.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »

so it that the bus waiting area at Secaucus?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »

Thanks, Scott.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2016, 04:26:15 PM »

Way to get that positive spin in there Mr. Bean.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16