« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »

Hey Joe, did you happen to see the ceremony honoring Paul O'Neill's induction into monument park?

I didn't unfortunately.  I did catch Jeter's hit to pass Honus Wagner.  I would've thought that Bernie would've gotten a monument before O'Neill but they didn't ask me.  Had some unscheduled in-law visits this week, been a little hectic.
Was that a good thing or a bad one. Morning Joe - PFDT

Visit for unfortunate reasons.  Lifelong friend of theirs passed away.  Kids are happy to have them back already, since they were just here a week ago.  Morning, Mike!
Sorry to hear it.  Have they gone back already or still with you?

They'll be here through next weekend, when the service will be held.  I believe my BIL will also be down next weekend so it'll be a total circus.  Trying hard to keep the focus on the boy since he starts kindergarten Thursday.  We'd built up a special weekend just for him - school supply shopping, lunch at his favorite restaurant, etc., all with his sister staying home with my brother - so he's a little confused with the whirlwind of activity.  O'well, life happens.
lil' Wacky starting school?  Say it ain't so!

« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »

PM (at this site), Jersey/Travellin Dave.
Nice thing about this site is PM's pop up on my phone/mail and also display at the top of the page.  Got it thanks.
And despite popular opinion, I can't see everyone's PMs.
Such bullshit!

Hey there, Scott.  I'd just PM ya my weekend my beer recap but I'll post it here since they're equally private.

Stone RuinTen - possibly a new favorite IPA
Founders Breakfast Stout - good, but did not live up to expectations I'd set for it.  There are other coffee/chocolate beers I've enjoyed more.  I prefer the Founders Imperial Stout to this one.
Mother Earth SinTax - always a favorite, though the Horny Goat has better PB/Chocolate flavors
Lagunitas Night Time Ale - ordinary dark ale.  Nothing I'd look to repurchase.
Stone IPA - funny how boring the 'standard' stuff can taste once you start dabbling with their smaller production beers.
Joe, do you like the Horny Goat PB over the Belching Beaver PB?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »

[...]

Indeed... crazy.  Probably gonna be rougher on the wackette without big brother at daycare with her.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2014, 12:14:09 PM »

[...]

Yes.  Higher ABV with the Horny Goat, so better 'value' there, at least with regards to the 1,000 calories each contain, haha.  BB has really good PB flavors but I really don't like heavy beers with low ABV.  Not that I'm necessarily trying to get drunk, but if you're gonna down all that beer ya may as well get a little buzz from it, ya know?  Plus the BB is kinda expensive.  SinTax is cheaper here.

« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

[...]

Very good to know...not like I get any of those beers, but good to know in case the opportunity arises!

« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »

[...]

Was the same with Tim and Colin and is the same with Madeline and Charlotte.  Always helps to have somebody you know.

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »

[...]

I agree with all of that, especially the RuinTen and lack of privacy here with PMs

« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »

PM (at this site), Jersey/Travellin Dave.
Nice thing about this site is PM's pop up on my phone/mail and also display at the top of the page.  Got it thanks.
And despite popular opinion, I can't see everyone's PMs.
Such bullshit!
Such Biebfish!
Good afternoon Mike

« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

[...]

I never liked the Stone IPA, it kept me from diving deeper with their stuff until recently. The RuinTen is outstanding though IMO

« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

PM (at this site), Jersey/Travellin Dave.
Nice thing about this site is PM's pop up on my phone/mail and also display at the top of the page.  Got it thanks.
And despite popular opinion, I can't see everyone's PMs.
Such bullshit!
Such Biebfish!
Good afternoon Mike
Whatcha know Scott?  Got hot and humid. You'd think it was August or something.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »

[...]

The regular Stone IPA was oddly sweet in comparison to the RuinTen.

« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

14  Alec Bradley Flight Sampler #2
           10/34.99
13  5 Vegas Limitada Tenth  Belicoso Tubo
            5/29.50
12  La Aurora 1495 Series  Robusto
          10/29.99
11  Man o War Virtue  Toro
          10/34.99
10  Xikar HC Series Criollo  Toro
          10/32.50
 9  Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Robusto
           5/19.99
 8  Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
          10/34.99
 7  Padilla 1932 (New) Torpedo
           5/24.50
 6  Oliva Serie "G" Churchill
          12/39.50  [box]
 5  Latitude Zero Torpedo
          5/22.50
 4  CAO Extreme Toro
          5/21.50
 3  Camacho Corojo Limited Maduro Diploma
          5/22.50
 2  Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years' Robusto
         10/34.99
 1  La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003
          5/29.50

« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »

[...]

Better on the wallet though!

« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

PM (at this site), Jersey/Travellin Dave.
Nice thing about this site is PM's pop up on my phone/mail and also display at the top of the page.  Got it thanks.
And despite popular opinion, I can't see everyone's PMs.
Such bullshit!
Such Biebfish!
Good afternoon Mike
Whatcha know Scott?  Got hot and humid. You'd think it was August or something.
Been nice here for more than a week, rain tomorrow and Wednesday then nice again
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »

[...]

Ha, that's for sure.  Very happy the boy is old enough for free babysitting public education.