Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

September is:  National Bourbon Heritage Month

In 2007, Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky (bourbon’s birthplace) sponsored a bill proclaiming September National Bourbon Heritage Month, and the bill passed by unanimous consent. The designation calls for celebrating (responsibly, of course) bourbon as a uniquely native American spirit and the rich heritage and culture surrounding its production.

What can you do to take part? You could, of course, enjoy a well-made bourbon cocktail. You could treat yourself to a top quality bottle of Pappy Van Winkle. Or you could head over to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, Kentucky, starting September 11, where you can experience and taste the rich history of American bourbon distillation in the state that produces 95 percent of the world’s bourbon.

Or you could work bourbon into your everyday home cooking for a festive change of pace. Bourbon works great in desserts, but it also adds complexity and flavor to savory dishes, where its taste—reminiscent of wood (oak and cedar), nuts (pecan and almonds), and spice (black pepper, tobacco, and cinnamon)—complements hearty dishes like grilled and roasted meats.

I have steak marinating. Perhaps I should throw some bourbon into the mix.
My father certainly would have and then thrown the rest down his throat.
If I start drinking now, there will be talk.
So?

[...]

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

[...]

Now you are thinking straight!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I hope everyone is having a nice 3 day weekend...!  I'm doing some yardwork since it's only around 83 degrees, and I noticed that it's going to be in the 90's all next week... ugh..!!!

[...]

Nah, I'm all talk. Just finished breakfast. Couldn't get the kids out of bed today. Wasn't pushing too hard either since school will be starting on Wednesday. They really won't get to do any sleeping in with the amount activities they've got.

I used to love autumn.

I hope everyone is having a nice 3 day weekend...!  I'm doing some yardwork since it's only around 83 degrees, and I noticed that it's going to be in the 90's all next week... ugh..!!!
I don't even want to think of what needs to get done. When I'm not going from game to game I'll be power washing, mowing, raking, bagging...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

[...]

T.G.I.F. Fridays Restaurant has their Jack Daniel's steaks, and they are really good.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I hope everyone is having a nice 3 day weekend...!  I'm doing some yardwork since it's only around 83 degrees, and I noticed that it's going to be in the 90's all next week... ugh..!!!
I don't even want to think of what needs to get done. When I'm not going from game to game I'll be power washing, mowing, raking, bagging...
At least my wife is helping today.  I cut 10 strips, then she cuts 10.  So it's going fairly fast...vs just me running at 1/20 mph... ugh..!

[...]

WTF? No bourbon. I could have sworn I had a bunch. Even an old bottle of Jack is missing. Do I need to start questioning the kids already? Or worse... Did I finish it all up and not realize?

[...]

The twins into the booze again?  Just like their old man.

[...]

That's what I'm starting to suspect. After all, they're almost 7.

[...]

Even I did not tap Pop's whiskey until I was 12.

I just got a very sweet video of my mom dancing at her Alzhiemer's home. They're having an end of summer party. Almost wouldn't mind if the boys were hittin' the hooch.

ROT Guardian of the Farm ready to light.

Doubleheader tonight, NASCAR and Longhorn Football.

SHEESH!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4