CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: 8/2/2016  (Read 10401 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/2/2016
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »

What's up, conch sniffers?
I think we all passed out from the smell. Afternoon, Steve.

Hey Golf, you get to see the movie yesterday?
Couldn't wait for him, I caught it on Sunday.

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha
I wouldn't say hurried. But this movie spends more time on a personal level with the characters, I think. So the action at the end seems like it could've gone longer. TWSS?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

I wouldn't say hurried. But this movie spends more time on a personal level with the characters, I think. So the action at the end seems like it could've gone longer. TWSS?

That actually sounds good. Was worried it may go too over the top with the action. A concern I believe you had as well. Character development is always good... although, we pretty much know these. Just not as younger versions. Glad he showed some restraint and didn't make a 2 hour chase scene.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:47 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

Yea, always.
Just thought there were too many twists, reveals, discoveries, events thrown out there all at once.  Nothing really as a teaser/cliffhanger like Marvel movies.  Most likely one new character to be joining the cast as a regular.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

That actually sounds good. Was worried it may go too over the top with the action. A concern I believe you had as well. Character development is always good... although, we pretty much know these. Just not as younger versions. Glad he showed some restraint and didn't make a 2 hour chase scene.
Agreed, and yes, that was me worried about that. But I thought it was really well done. Hope to be able to see it again.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

Agreed, and yes, that was me worried about that. But I thought it was really well done. Hope to be able to see it again.
You can use my turn

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

You can use my turn
TWSS?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:04 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

Some movies can be good, wall to wall action. A movie like John Wick, and I'm not a Keanu fan, can be good... if you're okay with that much violence.  ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »

Too Fuk'n Funny - one of your friends B.S.?

Georgia Man, 55, Busted After Raging At Wife Over Too Cheesy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

A Georgia man is facing criminal charges after raging at his spouse for making a grilled cheese sandwich too cheesy, cops allege.

According to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department report, James De Paola, 55, began “shouting and cursing” at his wife Michelle during a confrontation last Wednesday afternoon in the couple’s Athens home.

The unemployed De Paola became incensed at his 51-year-old spouse due to her “using three slices of cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich.” De Paola told cops that he had told the victim she “could make a grilled cheese sandwich with two pieces of cheese instead of three.”

De Paola’s wife told police that he was shouting in her face and that his spit hit her in the face. She added that her husband “has a history of violent and abusive behavior” that includes a prior arrest and the issuance of a restraining order.

During the incident, De Paola’s wife directed the couple’s nine-year-old daughter to dial 911. But De Paola subsequently yanked the phone cord from the wall and slammed the device on the ground. The couple’s 12-year-old daughter then used her mother’s cell phone to summon police.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »

Thumbs up or GFY? lol

You can use my turn

Rio Bravo is on cable...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »

For the past couple of weeks I have regularly said Fuk the Olympics and most generally if the warden hears me she starts bitching.

So what do you guys think about my position of Fuk The Olympics?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »

Georgia Man, 55, Busted After Raging At Wife Over Too Cheesy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

A Georgia man is facing criminal charges after raging at his spouse for making a grilled cheese sandwich too cheesy, cops allege.

According to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department report, James De Paola, 55, began “shouting and cursing” at his wife Michelle during a confrontation last Wednesday afternoon in the couple’s Athens home.

The unemployed De Paola became incensed at his 51-year-old spouse due to her “using three slices of cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich.” De Paola told cops that he had told the victim she “could make a grilled cheese sandwich with two pieces of cheese instead of three.”

De Paola’s wife told police that he was shouting in her face and that his spit hit her in the face. She added that her husband “has a history of violent and abusive behavior” that includes a prior arrest and the issuance of a restraining order.

During the incident, De Paola’s wife directed the couple’s nine-year-old daughter to dial 911. But De Paola subsequently yanked the phone cord from the wall and slammed the device on the ground. The couple’s 12-year-old daughter then used her mother’s cell phone to summon police.
I think unemployed is the key word in that article.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »

The slice of cheese that broke the grill cheese's back.  Sounds like a "how many times have I told you" versus I know how to piss him of, watch this.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

The slice of cheese that broke the grill cheese's back.  Sounds like a "how many times have I told you" versus I know how to piss him of, watch this.
Plus, he's 55, and has a 9-year-old. Someone who probably is a little pissed at life all the time anyways, then extra gooey cheese to top it off! Also, he lives in GA, so... ;)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »

mail call this weekend, from cigarbid
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10