BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/2/2016
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »

What's up, conch sniffers?
I think we all passed out from the smell. Afternoon, Steve.

Hey Golf, you get to see the movie yesterday?
Couldn't wait for him, I caught it on Sunday.

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »

What's up, conch sniffers?
I think we all passed out from the smell. Afternoon, Steve.

Hey Golf, you get to see the movie yesterday?
Couldn't wait for him, I caught it on Sunday.

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha
I wouldn't say hurried. But this movie spends more time on a personal level with the characters, I think. So the action at the end seems like it could've gone longer. TWSS?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/2/2016
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »

What's up, conch sniffers?
I think we all passed out from the smell. Afternoon, Steve.

Hey Golf, you get to see the movie yesterday?
Couldn't wait for him, I caught it on Sunday.

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha
I wouldn't say hurried. But this movie spends more time on a personal level with the characters, I think. So the action at the end seems like it could've gone longer. TWSS?

That actually sounds good. Was worried it may go too over the top with the action. A concern I believe you had as well. Character development is always good... although, we pretty much know these. Just not as younger versions. Glad he showed some restraint and didn't make a 2 hour chase scene.

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:47 PM »

What's up, conch sniffers?
I think we all passed out from the smell. Afternoon, Steve.

Hey Golf, you get to see the movie yesterday?
Couldn't wait for him, I caught it on Sunday.

Thumbs up or GFY? lol
Thought it was good, not great.  Visuals were outstanding and actors were fine.  Thought the storyline was a little bumpy at times, particularly with the hurried end.

Ooh... hurried end. So a 2 hour movie (which some say "seems" longer) tries to wrap up in a few minutes... cliff hanger? Forget it. Don't say anything. haha
I wouldn't say hurried. But this movie spends more time on a personal level with the characters, I think. So the action at the end seems like it could've gone longer. TWSS?
Yea, always.
Just thought there were too many twists, reveals, discoveries, events thrown out there all at once.  Nothing really as a teaser/cliffhanger like Marvel movies.  Most likely one new character to be joining the cast as a regular.

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »

[...]

Agreed, and yes, that was me worried about that. But I thought it was really well done. Hope to be able to see it again.

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »

[...]

You can use my turn

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

[...]

TWSS?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/2/2016
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:04 PM »

[...]

Some movies can be good, wall to wall action. A movie like John Wick, and I'm not a Keanu fan, can be good... if you're okay with that much violence.  ;)

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »

Too Fuk'n Funny - one of your friends B.S.?

Georgia Man, 55, Busted After Raging At Wife Over Too Cheesy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

A Georgia man is facing criminal charges after raging at his spouse for making a grilled cheese sandwich too cheesy, cops allege.

According to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department report, James De Paola, 55, began “shouting and cursing” at his wife Michelle during a confrontation last Wednesday afternoon in the couple’s Athens home.

The unemployed De Paola became incensed at his 51-year-old spouse due to her “using three slices of cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich.” De Paola told cops that he had told the victim she “could make a grilled cheese sandwich with two pieces of cheese instead of three.”

De Paola’s wife told police that he was shouting in her face and that his spit hit her in the face. She added that her husband “has a history of violent and abusive behavior” that includes a prior arrest and the issuance of a restraining order.

During the incident, De Paola’s wife directed the couple’s nine-year-old daughter to dial 911. But De Paola subsequently yanked the phone cord from the wall and slammed the device on the ground. The couple’s 12-year-old daughter then used her mother’s cell phone to summon police.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/2/2016
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »

[...]

Rio Bravo is on cable...

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »

For the past couple of weeks I have regularly said Fuk the Olympics and most generally if the warden hears me she starts bitching.

So what do you guys think about my position of Fuk The Olympics?

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »

[...]

I think unemployed is the key word in that article.

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »

[...]

The slice of cheese that broke the grill cheese's back.  Sounds like a "how many times have I told you" versus I know how to piss him of, watch this.

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

[...]

Plus, he's 55, and has a 9-year-old. Someone who probably is a little pissed at life all the time anyways, then extra gooey cheese to top it off! Also, he lives in GA, so... ;)

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »

mail call this weekend, from cigarbid