« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

Good morning skeleton crew.  Enjoyed a Headley Grange and LFD Airbender staying at my sister's place over the weekend.  Was good to get away if only for a few days.
They there, Marky Mark. Haven't had an Airbender, but have enjoyed a few "Zeppelin" stogies.

Outside of the heat, are ya'll getting many of these pop-up thunderstorms? Afternoons are doused pretty regularly here... F'kn sauna.
The airbender is tasty but fairly potent. Better tasting then the double ligero, which are a bit harsh IMO.  As for storms, some chance in the forecast for tomorrow thru Thursday, but otherwise just sky-high humidity.
Honestly, haven't had any of the LFD lines because some of the price points. The Air Bender and Ligero I've actually heard of though... Even a La Nox was mentioned in banterland a couple times as being a good one to try.
Exactly, price point has always seemed to be a limiting factor when considering LFD.  Also while many are plenty potent, seem to do it at the expense of taste.  I suggested TexDave try the La Nox when we were out at a B&M.  Hey enjoyed it (as did I) but doesn't stand out enough to justify cost.  I would say it is worth a try.
Yes, LFD not an inexpensive stick. The B&M I visited in LR wasn't too well stocked though I did also pick up a Johnny Tobacconaut to try.

That is another I liked. Although, I'd like it even better @ $5 a stick... common theme here.  ;)
What?  That we're cheap asses with good taste?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena 5/$23... I think Jam is 5/$34 or so
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »

[...]

If money were no object, I guess we wouldn't look for sales, use discount coupons or parlay shipping costs on an auction site. lol ... Lets just call it being thrifty.  ;D
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »

[...]

Yes... the answer is yes.

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Lunching in San Angelo, TX at Roxie's Diner.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Lunching in San Angelo, TX at Roxie's Diner.

Afternoon, SimpleCountryBoy

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.
I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Lunching in San Angelo, TX at Roxie's Diner.

Afternoon, SimpleCountryBoy
He keeps on trying to sell it....I ain't buying it.

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.
I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor
I've gotten two for the same over the last few weeks...I need to start paying attention....don't want to be accused of stealing from the Fish again.

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.
I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor
I've gotten two for the same over the last few weeks...I need to start paying attention....don't want to be accused of stealing from the Fish again.
I've steered clear many times after seeing DG of Ewing, NJ involved in the bidding  :D
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.
I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor

I believe the Caixa is the same CG, but soft box press. The TravelMeister can confirm...

I was incorrect. The vitolas are different.

Corona Gorda (5.6"x46)
Caixa Box-Press (Churchill) (6.5"x48)

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

Back on the road.  Later bid whores. :)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »

Back on the road.  Later bid whores. :)

Later, CabanaBoy
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »

Free Shipping at CigarPlace ends in 30 min... EST