CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: 7/25/2016  (Read 11547 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea 
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.
Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

Good morning skeleton crew.  Enjoyed a Headley Grange and LFD Airbender staying at my sister's place over the weekend.  Was good to get away if only for a few days.
They there, Marky Mark. Haven't had an Airbender, but have enjoyed a few "Zeppelin" stogies.

Outside of the heat, are ya'll getting many of these pop-up thunderstorms? Afternoons are doused pretty regularly here... F'kn sauna.
The airbender is tasty but fairly potent. Better tasting then the double ligero, which are a bit harsh IMO.  As for storms, some chance in the forecast for tomorrow thru Thursday, but otherwise just sky-high humidity.
Honestly, haven't had any of the LFD lines because some of the price points. The Air Bender and Ligero I've actually heard of though... Even a La Nox was mentioned in banterland a couple times as being a good one to try.
Exactly, price point has always seemed to be a limiting factor when considering LFD.  Also while many are plenty potent, seem to do it at the expense of taste.  I suggested TexDave try the La Nox when we were out at a B&M.  Hey enjoyed it (as did I) but doesn't stand out enough to justify cost.  I would say it is worth a try.
Yes, LFD not an inexpensive stick. The B&M I visited in LR wasn't too well stocked though I did also pick up a Johnny Tobacconaut to try.

That is another I liked. Although, I'd like it even better @ $5 a stick... common theme here.  ;)
What?  That we're cheap asses with good taste?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena 5/$23... I think Jam is 5/$34 or so

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »

Good morning skeleton crew.  Enjoyed a Headley Grange and LFD Airbender staying at my sister's place over the weekend.  Was good to get away if only for a few days.
They there, Marky Mark. Haven't had an Airbender, but have enjoyed a few "Zeppelin" stogies.

Outside of the heat, are ya'll getting many of these pop-up thunderstorms? Afternoons are doused pretty regularly here... F'kn sauna.
The airbender is tasty but fairly potent. Better tasting then the double ligero, which are a bit harsh IMO.  As for storms, some chance in the forecast for tomorrow thru Thursday, but otherwise just sky-high humidity.
Honestly, haven't had any of the LFD lines because some of the price points. The Air Bender and Ligero I've actually heard of though... Even a La Nox was mentioned in banterland a couple times as being a good one to try.
Exactly, price point has always seemed to be a limiting factor when considering LFD.  Also while many are plenty potent, seem to do it at the expense of taste.  I suggested TexDave try the La Nox when we were out at a B&M.  Hey enjoyed it (as did I) but doesn't stand out enough to justify cost.  I would say it is worth a try.
Yes, LFD not an inexpensive stick. The B&M I visited in LR wasn't too well stocked though I did also pick up a Johnny Tobacconaut to try.

That is another I liked. Although, I'd like it even better @ $5 a stick... common theme here.  ;)

If money were no object, I guess we wouldn't look for sales, use discount coupons or parlay shipping costs on an auction site. lol ... Lets just call it being thrifty.  ;D

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »

Yes... the answer is yes.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Lunching in San Angelo, TX at Roxie's Diner.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Afternoon, SimpleCountryBoy

sfish

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ

Getting them for under $30 is a real win.  Only Espinoza cigar I really like, figures it costs almost twice as much as any of this other offerings.
I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »

Afternoon cheap-asses.

Afternoon, SimpleCountryBoy
He keeps on trying to sell it....I ain't buying it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ

I won a 5-er of the corona gordas last week for $25, auction closed at 8:30PM so I think that was a factor
I've gotten two for the same over the last few weeks...I need to start paying attention....don't want to be accused of stealing from the Fish again.

sfish

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ

I've gotten two for the same over the last few weeks...I need to start paying attention....don't want to be accused of stealing from the Fish again.
I've steered clear many times after seeing DG of Ewing, NJ involved in the bidding  :D

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ

I believe the Caixa is the same CG, but soft box press. The TravelMeister can confirm...

I was incorrect. The vitolas are different.

Corona Gorda (5.6"x46)
Caixa Box-Press (Churchill) (6.5"x48)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

Back on the road.  Later bid whores. :)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good