CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: 7/25/2016  (Read 11509 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/25/2016
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »

Good morning skeleton crew.  Enjoyed a Headley Grange and LFD Airbender staying at my sister's place over the weekend.  Was good to get away if only for a few days.

They there, Marky Mark. Haven't had an Airbender, but have enjoyed a few "Zeppelin" stogies.

Outside of the heat, are ya'll getting many of these pop-up thunderstorms? Afternoons are doused pretty regularly here... F'kn sauna.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »

Page 4... slow start this morning.

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »

Good morning skeleton crew.  Enjoyed a Headley Grange and LFD Airbender staying at my sister's place over the weekend.  Was good to get away if only for a few days.
They there, Marky Mark. Haven't had an Airbender, but have enjoyed a few "Zeppelin" stogies.

Outside of the heat, are ya'll getting many of these pop-up thunderstorms? Afternoons are doused pretty regularly here... F'kn sauna.
The airbender is tasty but fairly potent. Better tasting then the double ligero, which are a bit harsh IMO.  As for storms, some chance in the forecast for tomorrow thru Thursday, but otherwise just sky-high humidity.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »

good morning guys. I love Mondays!
full day today. off to the beach, then to see Star Trek Beyond, followed by a visit to Dairy Queen.

later.

Deano gonna see the new Trekkie movie before GolfinJake... say it ain't so.
Scary isn't it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »

The airbender is tasty but fairly potent. Better tasting then the double ligero, which are a bit harsh IMO.  As for storms, some chance in the forecast for tomorrow thru Thursday, but otherwise just sky-high humidity.
Morning SouiieeBean.  Definitely those Airbenders need to be enjoyed on a full stomach.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 12:05:30 PM »

Page 4... slow start this morning.
Not just the start today I'm afraid.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »

Honestly, haven't had any of the LFD lines because some of the price points. The Air Bender and Ligero I've actually heard of though... Even a La Nox was mentioned in banterland a couple times as being a good one to try.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »

hello boys, back on cigarbid.com:
Quick-ie: Ave Maria Reconquista S.E. Torpedo - SINGLE
1. AF of Garfield, NJ
1 unit, 2 days ago   $5.00/ea 
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »

Honestly, haven't had any of the LFD lines because some of the price points. The Air Bender and Ligero I've actually heard of though... Even a La Nox was mentioned in banterland a couple times as being a good one to try.
Exactly, price point has always seemed to be a limiting factor when considering LFD.  Also while many are plenty potent, seem to do it at the expense of taste.  I suggested TexDave try the La Nox when we were out at a B&M.  Hey enjoyed it (as did I) but doesn't stand out enough to justify cost.  I would say it is worth a try.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ
lost the other bids, got to buy some other stuff, or that is an $8.95 dollar cigar!
Always plenty of Gurkha's to fill up that shipping order.  What day do you ship?  Tuesday or Thursday?

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »

Exactly, price point has always seemed to be a limiting factor when considering LFD.  Also while many are plenty potent, seem to do it at the expense of taste.  I suggested TexDave try the La Nox when we were out at a B&M.  Hey enjoyed it (as did I) but doesn't stand out enough to justify cost.  I would say it is worth a try.
Yes, LFD not an inexpensive stick. The B&M I visited in LR wasn't too well stocked though I did also pick up a Johnny Tobacconaut to try. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 12:38:16 PM »

1. AF of Garfield, NJ

Afternoon, Flip. There is one I was watching earlier... just had one last Friday.

EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro No. 6 - 5-Pack, currently at $7

The Clemson Caixa is already at 5/$28. Haven't seen them for any less though.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »

Yes, LFD not an inexpensive stick. The B&M I visited in LR wasn't too well stocked though I did also pick up a Johnny Tobacconaut to try.
Another pretty pricy stick.  Beautifully constructed and smooth elegant smoke...but definitely not in the regular Room 101 rotation.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »

That is another I liked. Although, I'd like it even better @ $5 a stick... common theme here.  ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »

Another pretty pricy stick.  Beautifully constructed and smooth elegant smoke...but definitely not in the regular Room 101 rotation.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11