CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: 6/21/2016  (Read 14040 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/21/2016
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 08:12:06 AM »

MIAMI — The first iconic Cuban product to reach U.S. store shelves will be coffee. Sorry, no rum or cigars just yet.

Swiss-based Nespresso announced Monday that it will sell long-restricted coffee throughout the U.S. starting this fall, the latest evidence of renewed ties between the United States and Cuba after five decades of estrangement.
Nice, I don't give a rats azz one way or the other about Cuban Cigars but they do have some good dark roast coffee's down there.  I find it hard to believe the good stuff will come by way of Nespresso though but you never know.
Of course entrance of any Cuban cigars will be impacted by the FDA, but if they do, after the initial sensation, I think the real impact will be when blenders incorporate some Cuban tobacco into other lines.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 08:13:16 AM »

@ Fish - You left quick yesterday how was your Father's Day weekend get-together?
The weekend was awesome, great weather at the beach. Saw my dad and my sister, came home Sunday around noon and got together with my BILs and SILs for a BBQ. Smoked 2 cigars at the beach and 3 on Sunday. The MCIIIs are rounding into form very nicely now IMO, had a Roxxo
Sounds like a great time all around!   ;D

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »

MIAMI — The first iconic Cuban product to reach U.S. store shelves will be coffee. Sorry, no rum or cigars just yet.

Swiss-based Nespresso announced Monday that it will sell long-restricted coffee throughout the U.S. starting this fall, the latest evidence of renewed ties between the United States and Cuba after five decades of estrangement.
Looking forward to the rum more than the cigars.
Indeed!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2016, 08:16:31 AM »

Nice, I don't give a rats azz one way or the other about Cuban Cigars but they do have some good dark roast coffee's down there.  I find it hard to believe the good stuff will come by way of Nespresso though but you never know.

Of course entrance of any Cuban cigars will be impacted by the FDA, but if they do, after the initial sensation, I think the real impact will be when blenders incorporate some Cuban tobacco into other lines.
I read last week that it is not out of the question that O'gunner and team might exempt Cuban made Cigars from those FDA regulations making them price competitive with other cigars.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2016, 08:22:31 AM »

I read last week that it is not out of the question that O'gunner and team might exempt Cuban made Cigars from those FDA regulations making them price competitive with other cigars.
If they do that, it should give the rest of the industry strong cause for challenging any restrictions as well.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »

Good start for the DOW, up 129.71 !

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:25 AM »

If they do that, it should give the rest of the industry strong cause for challenging any restrictions as well.
But would be in court for God knows how long and meanwhile it stays in place, that is Obama game play 3LeftDelaySweep

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2016, 08:26:40 AM »

Good start for the DOW, up 129.71 !
That was yesterdays closing, futures are up 59 this morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2016, 08:29:17 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2016, 08:29:50 AM »

The Olympics are off to a solid start, I fee sorry for those who have worked their entire lives to earn an Olympic opportunity and having it come around in that shithole Bernie inspiring place.

Call for More Rio Security After Athletes Robbed at Gunpoint...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/robberies-prompt-calls-olympic-level-security-rio-now-40005628

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2016, 08:31:30 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning, MayorTony.
Will I need to run for reelection?
No but as a part-time employee you are at risk of losing your paid benefits including health insurance, matching 401k contributions, pension and paid vacation time.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »

Saw this at the market yesterday, thought of TXDave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »

Saw this at the market yesterday, thought of TXDave.

LOL, in a bottle of hot sauce is where he belongs.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2016, 08:36:55 AM »

Time for the morning walk.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2016, 08:42:34 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning, MayorTony.
Will I need to run for reelection?
Na, just like the presidency, nobody wants the job.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14